Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
What is remarkable and for me of enourmous satisfaction is the ever increasing soft power of Turkey that really is displacing Saudi, American and Indian influences. Series like Ertugrul are priming a entire generation of Pakistani's to Turkophiles. I increasing see the Ertrugul hats and that Y shaped insignia of the Turks being displayed by Pakistani's.

Why as a British-Pak am I excited about this? Because this will help to evolve Pakistani society more toward a Turkish type that is at ease with west and east. All this offers enormous opportunities. I know some of my Turkish brothers will be searching for benefits as of today. But think of this as long term. As we move forward Turkey will have a huge market on the other side of the Iranian plateu and with peace reuturning to Afghanistan we will have highways and rail lines extending east to Azerbaijan and Turkey carry huge trade potential. I think Turkish companies see the emerging opportunities. From consumer good, to Coco Cola [Coco Cola Pakistan is a subsidiary company of Turkish Coco Cola], to construction products Turkish companies are moving in.

Turkish actors in Pakistan.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,551
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

thumbs_b_c_b66c29aaa938960c190c177db2a30dea.jpg

Turkish aid agency sets up medical facility in Pakistan​

Turkey's state-run aid agency has set up a medical facility for surgeries of children born with cleft lip and palate in Pakistan.

The specialized operation theater has been set up at Al Mustafa Medical Center -- a charity hospital run by a local NGO -- in the southern port city of Karachi.

Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency's (TIKA) coordinator Ibrahim Katirci, founder of the charity Haji Muhammad Hanif Tayyab and provincial Governor Imran Ismail inaugurated the facility.

The facility, according to a statement from TIKA, will perform up to 1,000 surgeries annually.

Addressing the ceremony on Tuesday, Ismail thanked TIKA and the Turkish government for setting up the state-of-the-art facility for needy children.

Pakistan-Turkey friendship, he noted, is exemplary and will keep on flourishing in the days to come.

Katirci, in his remarks, said the establishment of the medical facility is aimed at enabling the children born with cleft lip and palate a chance to live a normal life.

Tayyab also thanked TIKA and the Turkish government for their contribution to "this noble cause."

TIKA recently established an ultrasound facility at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center Karachi, the city's largest public hospital, with five color dopplers.

The facility provides free of cost service to up to 6,000 patients a month.

Pakistan’s first-ever high dependency unit for Thalassemia patients has also been established by the Turkish aid agency in Karachi.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
All compliments to TIKA they did wonderful job here in Bosnia on preserving and renovating Ottoman heritage sites but this is even more wonderfull as they are saving and improving human lives.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,488
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was in an exhibition in Quatar. there were two man from Pakistani navy I have no idea what they were doing in this exhibition or in Quatar but after 5 min talk we found ourselvs huging each other and sure the talk was about you know milgem T 129 Turkish and Pakistani cruise missiles usuall things
:devilish:

E

ekemenirtu

What is remarkable and for me of enourmous satisfaction is the ever increasing soft power of Turkey that really is displacing Saudi, American and Indian influences. Series like Ertugrul are priming a entire generation of Pakistani's to Turkophiles. I increasing see the Ertrugul hats and that Y shaped insignia of the Turks being displayed by Pakistani's.

Why as a British-Pak am I excited about this? Because this will help to evolve Pakistani society more toward a Turkish type that is at ease with west and east. All this offers enormous opportunities. I know some of my Turkish brothers will be searching for benefits as of today. But think of this as long term. As we move forward Turkey will have a huge market on the other side of the Iranian plateu and with peace reuturning to Afghanistan we will have highways and rail lines extending east to Azerbaijan and Turkey carry huge trade potential. I think Turkish companies see the emerging opportunities. From consumer good, to Coco Cola [Coco Cola Pakistan is a subsidiary company of Turkish Coco Cola], to construction products Turkish companies are moving in.

Turkish actors in Pakistan.

Interesting perspectives.

I'm more interested in hearing pragmatic examples of cooperation rather than platitudes often served for diplomatic purposes.

Coca Cola is an American company. That aside, I am eager to know if there have been any collaboration between individuals, companies, government or privately owned institutions between the two countries in any significant manner.

As an example, have the two countries (Turkey and Pakistan) managed to sign a mutual defence treaty? The treaty of mutual defence could strengthen both countries' geopolitical leverage against adversaries and geopolitical competitors.

Fighting, or challenging, Turkey alone is much easier than fighting, or challenging, Turkey and Pakistan simultaneously.

Fighting, or challenging, Pakistan alone is much easier than fighting, or challenging, Turkey and Pakistan simultaneously.

This line of thought can be further extended to other friendly/brotherly countries such as Azerbaijan. In due time, such an alliance can be expanded in scope and scale if this hypothetical alliance turns out to be a fruitful venture.

What exactly is preventing such an alliance?

Why are the peoples and the leaderships of the two great countries so afraid of external powers to ratify such a treaty?

Apart from cooperation in the defence sector, other areas of collaboration can include cultural exchanges. A good example is the Ertugrul drama series, as you have pointed out.

Other areas could include increased trade, tourism, investment and scientific and technological collaborations.

Turkish institutes could offer 22,000 scholarships a year to interested Pakistani students for their education and offer employment opportunities in high technology, knowledge intensive sectors.

By expanding the area in which the net is cast, they can attract a much greater number of engineers, researchers, scientists to their shore which can help them complete much needed development of advanced technologies in several fields.

Many talented Pakistanis can also benefit by getting paid for doing what they love and for a people they usually love. If there are Pakistanis who do not like Turkey, rare as they may be, they need not apply for such scholarships.

Likewise, Turkish investors can invest in more labour intensive industries in Pakistan, help in improving tourism, financial, retail, hospitality, airline, shipping and logistics sectors.

Medium technology sectors such as automobiles or chemicals sectors can be focused on at a later stage, if Pakistan develops into a more sophisticated economy with a more sophisticated base of workers, engineers and researchers.

Win-win deal for both Turkey and Pakistan.

Turkey gets to accelerate its transition to a high income, high tech country.

Pakistan gets to accelerate its transition to a medium income, medium tech country.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Interesting perspectives.

I'm more interested in hearing pragmatic examples of cooperation rather than platitudes often served for diplomatic purposes.

Coca Cola is an American company. That aside, I am eager to know if there have been any collaboration between individuals, companies, government or privately owned institutions between the two countries in any significant manner.

As an example, have the two countries (Turkey and Pakistan) managed to sign a mutual defence treaty? The treaty of mutual defence could strengthen both countries' geopolitical leverage against adversaries and geopolitical competitors.

Fighting, or challenging, Turkey alone is much easier than fighting, or challenging, Turkey and Pakistan simultaneously.

Fighting, or challenging, Pakistan alone is much easier than fighting, or challenging, Turkey and Pakistan simultaneously.

This line of thought can be further extended to other friendly/brotherly countries such as Azerbaijan. In due time, such an alliance can be expanded in scope and scale if this hypothetical alliance turns out to be a fruitful venture.

What exactly is preventing such an alliance?

Why are the peoples and the leaderships of the two great countries so afraid of external powers to ratify such a treaty?

Apart from cooperation in the defence sector, other areas of collaboration can include cultural exchanges. A good example is the Ertugrul drama series, as you have pointed out.

Other areas could include increased trade, tourism, investment and scientific and technological collaborations.

Turkish institutes could offer 22,000 scholarships a year to interested Pakistani students for their education and offer employment opportunities in high technology, knowledge intensive sectors.

By expanding the area in which the net is cast, they can attract a much greater number of engineers, researchers, scientists to their shore which can help them complete much needed development of advanced technologies in several fields.

Many talented Pakistanis can also benefit by getting paid for doing what they love and for a people they usually love. If there are Pakistanis who do not like Turkey, rare as they may be, they need not apply for such scholarships.

Likewise, Turkish investors can invest in more labour intensive industries in Pakistan, help in improving tourism, financial, retail, hospitality, airline, shipping and logistics sectors.

Medium technology sectors such as automobiles or chemicals sectors can be focused on at a later stage, if Pakistan develops into a more sophisticated economy with a more sophisticated base of workers, engineers and researchers.

Win-win deal for both Turkey and Pakistan.

Turkey gets to accelerate its transition to a high income, high tech country.

Pakistan gets to accelerate its transition to a medium income, medium tech country.
Frustrating as it is but this is a incremental process. For Pakistan Turkey is the closest country with window into Europe. This offers enormous potential. For Turkey Pakistan is a huge, emerging market. However a efficient transport corridor is a must between the two. Whether that runs through Iran or through Afg-Turkemistan-Azerbaijan-Turkey. You got to also factor that Pakistan is trying to fid it's 'legs' after the terribly damaging and ruinous war on terror fought out on the Af-Ak region since 2001. Let us not forget as late as 2012 many were predicting the collapse of the Pakistani state with Obama saying he had nightmares about nukes falling into the wrong hands.

That did not happen. But Pakistan is now recoveering from that. I hope under PM Imran Khan the country gets few years of stability to start gaining pace. As that happens it is geographic inevitability that a regional trade corridor will develop. As that is consolidated everything else you mention will follow.

As I said what is of interest is Pakistan's attention is moving away from Saudia/Gulf to Turkey over the last few years.

E

ekemenirtu

Frustrating as it is but this is a incremental process. For Pakistan Turkey is the closest country with window into Europe. This offers enormous potential. For Turkey Pakistan is a huge, emerging market. However a efficient transport corridor is a must between the two. Whether that runs through Iran or through Afg-Turkemistan-Azerbaijan-Turkey. You got to also factor that Pakistan is trying to fid it's 'legs' after the terribly damaging and ruinous war on terror fought out on the Af-Ak region since 2001. Let us not forget as late as 2012 many were predicting the collapse of the Pakistani state with Obama saying he had nightmares about nukes falling into the wrong hands.

That did not happen. But Pakistan is now recoveering from that. I hope under PM Imran Khan the country gets few years of stability to start gaining pace. As that happens it is geographic inevitability that a regional trade corridor will develop. As that is consolidated everything else you mention will follow.

As I said what is of interest is Pakistan's attention is moving away from Saudia/Gulf to Turkey over the last few years.

Good overview.

Thank you for sharing your views.

If I may add, the idea of a trade corridor is often overblown. How exactly did Pakistan assist Azerbaijan in the recent conflict with Armenia in the absence of a "trade corridor" (or corridor of any sorts)?

How exactly did the US assist "Israel"/Zionist regime in 1973 when they are several thousand kilometres apart?

How did they carry out the Berlin Airlift more than 70 years ago?

How exactly did they assist South Korea when RoK is more than a few thousand kilometres away from the USA?

All of the ideas that I have suggested, and many ideas that I have not yet explicitly stated, are easily achievable without a contiguous mass of land connecting the two countries of Pakistan and Turkey. Of course, the presence of such a corridor will simplify transport, lower transport costs, improve trade and cultural exchanges and ease the burden on logistics in times of war.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
How exactly did the US assist "Israel"/Zionist regime in 1973 when they are several thousand kilometres apart?

How did they carry out the Berlin Airlift more than 70 years ago?

How exactly did they assist South Korea when RoK is more than a few thousand kilometres away from the USA?

All of the ideas that I have suggested, and many ideas that I have not yet explicitly stated, are easily achievable without a contiguous mass of land connecting the two countries of Pakistan and Turkey. Of course, the presence of such a corridor will simplify transport, lower transport costs, improve trade and cultural exchanges and ease the burden on logistics in times of war.
Turkey is not USA and Pakistan certainly is not. American's bring into play a economic power of a magnitude that bends and warps geographic distances even when regions are on other side of the globe. The point I was making was what is neeed right now is move to developing trade corridor which will consolidate other aspects you mentioned. Mutual economic linkages create al sort of synergies that often rebound into the military sphere.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just as a side note, because someone mentioned it. Coca Cola Bottling company is pretty much a Turkish company and one of the biggest Coca Cola bottlers in the world. Coca Cola has an interesting organization.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Just as a side note
CCI employs close to 8,500 people and has operations in Azerbaijan, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey and Turkmenistan.

CCI Pakistan produces, distributes and sells sparkling and still beverages of The Coca-Cola company in Pakistan. Having first started in 1996, Coca-Cola bottling operations in Pakistan came under the roof of Coca-Cola İçecek in 2008.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to the article Turkey is looking to work with Pakistan on TF-X and Siper missile defence.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,551
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Pakistani businessman: Pakistan, Turkey share common strategic goals​

In an interview with defensehere.com, the Pakistani businessman and CEO of En-code Technologies, Tariq Aziz, talked about Pakistan-Turkey relations and cooperation in the field of defense industries.

Talking about the long history of Pakistan-Turkey relations and the strong strategic cooperation the two countries have maintained over the years, Mr. Aziz said the following:

"Pakistan and Turkey have together from the very beginning on political and various other regional issues. We share the common perception. So this has been the basis of our present deep strategic cooperation back in the defense field apart from the foreign affairs and political fields because both countries support each other in United Nations and internationally on whether it is the issue of Kashmir or Cyprus or any other issue.

If you look at the history, historically the area that is of interest to both Pakistan and Turkey stretches from the Aegean Sea right up to the South China Sea and in between you have the Central Asian Turkic countries and you have Iran, you have Afghanistan and China, Russia. This is the area which today is the focal point of international relations.

Now coming back to our defense relations at the time of independence, Pakistan had little or no industry. There was just one cotton ginning mill that is all we had. Basically, it was a completely agricultural agrarian economy.

At that time but we had a very very well-established Defense Forces and this is going back to the times when Pakistan was part of British India and the forces were trained by the British at that time. So there was a lot of interaction between Turkey and Pakistan Military Forces and the Ministry of Defence. Initially it was basically on training and concentrated on just understanding each other's requirements and so on.

Gradually in the 80s as Pakistan also developed on the fast track and Turkey of course had come a long way. So the defense cooperation between the two countries started in the beginning it was very mieger but gradually it increased specially in the 90s. And today if you look at the defense relation, Turkish-Pakistani defence relations, we you have achieved a lot. A lot of milestones have been achieved.

Recently as you know in 2018 Pakistan signed contracts worth over three billion dollars with the Turkish Defense Industries for the attack helicopter, for a land forces plus some Design Systems to be used by those attack helicopters from Roketsan. And our Navel Forces signed a contract for the Milgem class Corvettes, these are four corvettes and the contract was signed by Turkish with the Turkish company ASFAT which is part of the Turkish Ministry of Defence.

So the relations have come a long way and for these major contracts which are probably the biggest foreign contracts for the Turkish Defense industry, many smaller companies will also benefit because those smaller companies produce the subsystems for the main equipment.

At present the relations, the defense relations between our two countries have advanced to very close strategic relations. As a result, both our countries consult each other on regular basis on various areas of strategic requirements and importance and also there is a lot of interaction going on between the Pakistani local defense industries and the Turkish defense industries. The transfer of technology and other technical issues which are shared between the two."

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom