Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
(Reuters) - Turkey will send a delegation led by its deputy foreign minister to Egypt in early May, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Thursday, as Ankara pushes to repair its stained ties with Cairo.

Last month Turkey said it had resumed diplomatic contacts with Egypt and wanted further cooperation after years of tension since the Egyptian army toppled a Muslim Brotherhood president close to Ankara in 2013. On Wednesday, Cavusoglu had said a new period was beginning in Turkey-Egypt ties.

Speaking at an interview with broadcaster NTV, Cavusoglu said Cairo had invited a Turkish delegation to visit Egypt in the first week of May to discuss ties. He added that a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry would take place after those talks.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
In fact I do not think that Turkey felt the need to isolate the UAE. I don't think Turkey cares about the UAE either. Turkey's priority is Egypt, Israel and Iran in the region.
Well I think Turkey still cares about the UAE but it is too far from Turkey for them to care as much.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Turkey's foreign policy is mind boggling.....destroy your foreign relations with a country---get absolutely nothing in return--- come back to said country a few years later to mend ties

Great Success! 👍

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey's foreign policy is mind boggling.....destroy your foreign relations with a country---get absolutely nothing in return--- come back to said country a few years later to mend ties

Great Success! 👍
I can give you many examples about this from around the world. The wrong thing is to insist on a policy that does not work. The current policy is quite logical. Remember that some countries that want to destroy Israel are lining up to make peace with Israel.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
I can give you many examples about this from around the world. The wrong thing is to insist on a policy that does not work. The current policy is quite logical.
And I would say you're right but Turkey is on a whole different level than "others "

Shoots Russian plane down....goes to Russia to mend ties afterwards

Israel is a fascist state!...knocks on Tel Aviv's door to mend ties afterwards

Egypt is run by a dictator,rabia sign,hur dur...wants to be friends again after that

China oppresses Uighurs!...wants Chinese money afterwards

Europeans are fascists! ..."We see ourselves as part of Europe " afterwards...

We don't want F35....hires lobby firm to be readmitted into the F35 program

Reminds me of a friend of who kept drunk texting everyone only to say sry the next day.
Seriously, you can't run a state on such a bizarre foreign policy. 😳

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
(Reuters) - Turkey will send a delegation led by its deputy foreign minister to Egypt in early May, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Thursday, as Ankara pushes to repair its stained ties with Cairo.

Last month Turkey said it had resumed diplomatic contacts with Egypt and wanted further cooperation after years of tension since the Egyptian army toppled a Muslim Brotherhood president close to Ankara in 2013. On Wednesday, Cavusoglu had said a new period was beginning in Turkey-Egypt ties.

Speaking at an interview with broadcaster NTV, Cavusoglu said Cairo had invited a Turkish delegation to visit Egypt in the first week of May to discuss ties. He added that a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry would take place after those talks.

Egypt had betrayed its most loyal allies in the past. Beware Turkey.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
In fact I do not think that Turkey felt the need to isolate the UAE. I don't think Turkey cares about the UAE either. Turkey's priority is Egypt, Israel and Iran in the region.
Egypt had betrayed its most loyal allies in the past. Beware Turkey.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom