Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember that Russia threaten Ukraine not to give any engine or propulsion tech, especially LRBM or ICBM, to Turkey.

T

Turko

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does Ukraine have the needed foundation to develop and produce such a high-tech advanced system?

I think they are getting tech. In recent years, Turkey and Ukraine had agreed to develop a joint air defence system but I don't know whether this program has any link with this cooperation.

T

Turko

CB "Southern" creates SAM system "Kilchen" with a range of 280 km

1619543617515.png

SAM "Kilchen" CB "Southern" OPK air defense and missile defense Ukraine

Pivdenne Design Bureau is developing an innovative Kilchen anti-aircraft missile system with the ability to hit targets at a distance of 280 km.

This was reported by the Military with reference to the TV project Security Talks.

According to Alexander Kushnaryov, General Director of Pivdenny, Kilchen is a multi-channel system with a highly maneuverable missile.

The system is based on the principles of network and data-centric management and machine learning. It will use flickering command posts.

Konstantin Korneev, head of the department for the development, testing and operation of automation and ground and mobile missile systems of the Pivdenne Design Bureau, said that the Kilchen launch vehicle is a "werewolf system" due to the ability to quickly change the configuration of settings. In the course of combat use, it will not have a permanent structure, and its order will be constantly changing.

"Heart" - command posts - out of reach of the enemy. There are several such hearts and some of them are in virtual structures in the "clouds". Such an automated control system is almost impossible to destroy with conventional lethal weapons, - said Korneev.

"Kilchen" will provide multi-radar information processing. SAM sysun"Kilchen" includes radar detection and targeting stations. All radars are made in Ukraine and cover X-, C- and S-bands.

The Kilchen anti-aircraft missile will use an active millimeter-range radar warhead.

According to the head of the project department of the Pivdenne Design Bureau, Valery Perkov, the Kilchen air defense system will be able to fight all existing and promising air attack aircraft. Including those that are built on "stealth" technology in conditions of intense electronic countermeasures of the enemy.

"Kilchen" consists of up to 6 SAMs that can hit aerodynamic targets at a distance of up to 280 km. SAM system will be able to fire up to 12 targets, 6 of which can be ballistic. Or up to 16 aerodynamic. Simultaneously aim 2 guided missiles at the aerodynamic target, or up to 4 missiles at each ballistic target, - revealed the details of the development Valery Perkov.

A modeling complex has been created at the Pivdenne Design Bureau, where “virtual launches” can be carried out.

1619543596946.png

As reported by the so-called head of the enterprise Oleksandr Kushnaryov, proposals for the development of the complex were submitted to the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine more than two years ago and a “positive decision” was made on it. However, the actual work on the project has not started.

1619543512442.png

Kushnaryov believes that with the condition of financing on the basis of existing developments SAM system "Kilchen" can be created in a short time. He considers this path more economically feasible than the purchase of Patriot SAM.

In terms of cost of creation. The creation of ADS "Kilchen" is about a quarter or a third of the cost of the Patriot complex. If you put the cost of the Patriot complex on the scales on the one hand - on the other hand the cost of 5-6 complexes of our system "Kilchen". 6 complexes can cover from 250 to 500 km of the border of Ukraine.

1619543539465.png

The project is created in cooperation with a number of Ukrainian enterprises.

It will be recalled that the Commander of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Serhiy Drozdov stated that by 2025 the priority of the Air Force is to rearm with a new medium-range anti-aircraft missile system. The corresponding task is reflected in the Vision-2035 of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turko

Screenshot_2021-04-27-20-23-00-425_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

The general director of State kyiv Design Bureau " Luch" :
"we complited design of two air defense systems. First with 30km range, second with 100km range. Unfortunately we can't receive finances from customer. I told them lets start SAM with 100km range and then you will get offer patriots from USA"
1619544641401.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,965
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Russian media, Ukrainian TB2 are jamming Russian communications in Crimea.

Many people dont realise that the Electronic Warfare that the Turks used were the unsung heroes that allowed drones to be successful.

Electronic warfare is entering a new phase in wars. People that are behind are going to struggle really hard as we seen with the Russians.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Russian media, Ukrainian TB2 are jamming Russian communications in Crimea.

The guy said according to TASS agency, I could not find it.. however I found a similar one:

This photo is also old:

The SIGINT mission is probable but I would not believe the jamming or EW superiority over Russia part even if Russian media reports it.

SIGINT usually does not go hand to hand with jamming missions... why jam the signals when you can use it to discover force structure, troop movements, general trends etc?

E

Era_shield

The guy said according to TASS agency, I could not find it.. however I found a similar one:

This photo is also old:

The SIGINT mission is probable but I would not believe the jamming or EW superiority over Russia part even if Russian media reports it.

SIGINT usually does not go hand to hand with jamming missions... why jam the signals when you can use it to discover force structure, troop movements, general trends etc?
The photo in the tweet I linked appears to show an instrumentation pod.

No idea if what the Russian media says is true, but if it is, it's a new capability not publically seen before.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The photo in the tweet I linked appears to show an instrumentation pod.

No idea if what the Russian media says is true, but if it is, it's a new capability not publically seen before.
I found it on milliyet web page but it was not giving any info.
found this in twitter, did not search more yet:

The Russians are masters of strategic and tactical deception, if they say TB2 is jamming and causing problems etc, it may serve other purposes.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,307
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many people dont realise that the Electronic Warfare that the Turks used were the unsung heroes that allowed drones to be successful.

Electronic warfare is entering a new phase in wars. People that are behind are going to struggle really hard as we seen with the Russians.

who cares a long it humilate Russians and praise Turkish systems...

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I found it on milliyet web page but it was not giving any info.
found this in twitter, did not search more yet:

The Russians are masters of strategic and tactical deception, if they say TB2 is jamming and causing problems etc, it may serve other purposes.

I wouldn't say they are masters of deception, they are just exceptional liars and bullshit artists.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom