Turkey's First China-Bound Freight Train Enters China's Northwest Port

E

ekemenirtu

Any country may end up like these for several reasons, it is up to a spark in politics, not about economics or industrial development. Doesn't make any sense for this particular example.

Taiwan has been successful by investing in education more than others do, same could be told hardly for Korea they have just managed a successful transformation from heavy industries to high-tech industries. Turkey doesn't have a background in heavy industries to transform like Korea, neither invests in education like Taiwan.
So, an example wise there isn't any proof, but definitely Turkey is not comparable to Iran which has been sanctioned over decades, isolated NK , Egypt which has ignored development for the reasons which i don't know. These examples, except Egypt(since i don't know the true reason they have ignored-postponed a development) is extreme and irrelevant.

Only hope is being a neighbor of EU, being an Ally in NATO in terms of defense industry, Turkey has benefited remarkably from these. Not only in terms of ToT or production, a huge portion of Turkish companies has good relations with their partners in EU -some through organic ties-. The same benefits also apply to industry which, when needed there is always a partner from EU.

I am not (so do my colleagues) hopeful on basis of the campaign or just because of the campaign, even before than the campaign Turkey was showing the signs of the development which wasn't visible in worse-than-Turkey examples which you have given. Why me and my colleagues likes this campaign? More money is pumped at development, we have easier access to budgets for R&D, at least we have a decent research budget thanks to these campaigns.

I am in the industry, i can see the development, compare it to countries in the same league or one upper-league with Turkey which is striving to develop the similar thing, i see things are being achieved on Turkey's side but not theirs, which gives me hope despite of the negative condition mentioned by @xenon5434

If not the revolution, Iran would definitely be far ahead of Taiwan and Korea by now.
If not the isolation, NK could be ahead of the South Korea.

Thank you for your opinion.

Those were wise and measured words.

I suppose we will have to see if our Turkish brothers succeed. Politics, as you rightly assessed, is uncertain. At one time, the Iranian regime was very pliant to American interests. Not so any longer.

No two cases are identical. No two countries are identical. Comparisons are still made between countries, as imperfect as such comparisons may appear to be. I hope our Turkish brothers and sisters succeed in their endeavours. However, there is no certainty of success. Let us wait and see whether the Turkish government is able to emulate the successes of other predecessors.

E

ekemenirtu

Stop smoking that thing you are smoking.
What makes you think Turkey can not make a helicopter engine and run it?
All the the things that Turkey has done so far and in the process of doing, you don't know them.
Lame duck Donald Trump takes his tweeting machine tweets on us. LOL
I won't be easy next time.

Your post has been reported for a personal attack.

I hope the moderators and/or administrator @Webslave will take a closer look and hand out adequate punishment.

There should be no room for ad hominems in a civilized discussion.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Your post has been reported for a personal attack.

I hope the moderators and/or administrator @Webslave will take a closer look and hand out adequate punishment.

There should be no room for ad hominems in a civilized discussion.
Looking down on Turks an saying they can't do a thing, that's your biggest problem.
I am not hearing your bullshit anymore.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looking down on Turks an saying they can't do a thing, that's your biggest problem.
I am not hearing your bullshit anymore.

No need for tension my friend.. This is just his opinion. @ekemenirtu thinks this will happen. We cannot ignore those who have different opinions. When he sees Turkish helicopters flying with a Turkish engine, he will realize that this is not the right idea.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No need for tension my friend.. This is just his opinion. @ekemenirtu thinks this will happen. We cannot ignore those who have different opinions. When he sees Turkish helicopters flying with a Turkish engine, he will realize that this is not the right idea.
He should be able to take some heat if he wants to flame.
I am not responding to him anymore.

E

ekemenirtu

Thank you for your wise words.

A note of correction.

Nowhere did I write, or insinuate, that Turkish government will definitively fail.

Nowhere did I write, or insinuate, that Turkish government will definitively succeed.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom