TR Turkic- Military culture thread

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the new age of empires game, Delhi Sultanate reportedly speaks Persian. No Turkic speaking units. That game series is infamous for having a very Eurocentric and ignorant view of history. Developer team completely changed but the problem didnt go away somehow.

Meanwhile Civilization series went as deep as using Chuvash Turkic for Attila. Bad thing I dont like that games gameplay.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the new age of empires game, Delhi Sultanate reportedly speaks Persian. No Turkic speaking units. That game series is infamous for having a very Eurocentric and ignorant view of history. Developer team completely changed but the problem didnt go away somehow.

Meanwhile Civilization series went as deep as using Chuvash Turkic for Attila. Bad thing I dont like that games gameplay.

In Civilisation I get why they used Chuvash.

There is no traces of the Hunnic language left unfortunately.

Wow!!! Thry make the Delhi sultanate a persian civilisation. What an insult!!! We got to do something about this!! Delhi sultanate was a Turkic founded state I cant believe it!!!

Seriously they are going to make the Mamluks as Egyptian Arabs. Mark my words they are going to do it!!

Seriously fck microsoft and fck age of empires. Total war series also suffers from the same bs bias against non European factions.

They make the Turks look like peasants they even give us shit armies.

Honestly thank God for modding and mods for Medieval 2 total war along with Empire total war and Napoleon.

Because it fixed a lot of stuff and made the game even better.

Medieval 2 total war broken crescent mod is one of the best mods I played for the game. Literally does justice to every Muslim and Turkic faction. They even put parts of India in the game and Hindu factions were even given accurate units.

Crazy how modders can do better than developers. Modders look at the source material which is history especially the weapons and armour. I followed the forums so many users worked together to bring some accurate units.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Civilisation I get why they used Chuvash.

There is no traces of the Hunnic language left unfortunately.
Chuvash was a great choice. I gave that as a positive example. It is the only surviving example of Oghur Turkic which Hunnic was also one.
Though I shall add they executed it poorly because they didnt bring a native speaker. Still huge respect to them for making their research and choosing the right language.

Though Civ5 quite annoyed me with their reference to ''Armenian massacres''. At least they didnt use the word genocide and said half a million instead of 1.5 million bullshit.

''They also perpetrated a ghastly massacre against Armenian nationals living in Asia Minor, killing perhaps half a million men, women and children.''

This is actually a very sided text when you consider it doesnt mention 2 million Turks brutally genocided in Balkan peninsula and ethnically cleansed in Anatolia itself by Armenian and Rum gangs but compared to western standards we become happy literally when they say massacre instead of genocide and dont use 1.5 million number. So I am thankful they are at least competitive enough to skip these very mainstreamed lies.

Wow!!! Thry make the Delhi sultanate a persian civilisation. What an insult!!! We got to do something about this!! Delhi sultanate was a Turkic founded state I cant believe it!!!
They should have gone for Kipchak Turkic for the first two ages and Urdu for the rest.

Seriously they are going to make the Mamluks as Egyptian Arabs. Mark my words they are going to do it!!

Mamluks were a mercenary unit in AOE3 and they spoke Arabic instead of Kipchak Turkic or Circassian.
Also among the unique units they revealed for Abbasids there are no Ghulams/Mamluks which were their most important troops historically. Instead they have two camel units.
Camels were in no part of the world were the primary mounts for warfare. Yes they did use them but only by auxiliaries.

Seriously fck microsoft and fck age of empires. Total war series also suffers from the same bs bias against non European factions.

Let alone western made video games, even in a Turkish made video game Mount and Blade Warband, Swadian Knights were superior to Sarranid Mamluks. Mamluks historically wiped the floor with Frankish knights in all occasions. Both in 7th crusade and battle of la Forbes.
At least in Bannerlord Khuzaits are superior to other factions.

They make the Turks look like peasants they even give us shit armies

Yes, especially in Total War and AoE2.

Crazy how modders can do better than developers. Modders look at the source material which is history especially the weapons and armour. I followed the forums so many users worked together to bring some accurate units.

It is because they are mostly more enthusiastic about the subject than most developers. Go see the developer team of AOE4. There are a lot of weirdo SJW women who you can tell have no interest in history and I mind you these are the faces chosen to represent.

A SJW woman literally talked about her feminist agenda and female pride while talking about Joan d' Arc. This woman obviously has no enthusiasm from history and she is driven by a mainstream ideology that consumes the western civilization today. How can be a product of such a developer team be successful?

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chuvash was a great choice. I gave that as a positive example. It is the only surviving example of Oghur Turkic which Hunnic was also one.
Though I shall add they executed it poorly because they didnt bring a native speaker. Still huge respect to them for making their research and choosing the right language.

Though Civ5 quite annoyed me with their reference to ''Armenian massacres''. At least they didnt use the word genocide and said half a million instead of 1.5 million bullshit.

''They also perpetrated a ghastly massacre against Armenian nationals living in Asia Minor, killing perhaps half a million men, women and children.''

This is actually a very sided text when you consider it doesnt mention 2 million Turks brutally genocided in Balkan peninsula and ethnically cleansed in Anatolia itself by Armenian and Rum gangs but compared to western standards we become happy literally when they say massacre instead of genocide and dont use 1.5 million number. So I am thankful they are at least competitive enough to skip these very mainstreamed lies.

They should have gone for Kipchak Turkic for the first two ages and Urdu for the rest.

Mamluks were a mercenary unit in AOE3 and they spoke Arabic instead of Kipchak Turkic or Circassian.
Also among the unique units they revealed for Abbasids there are no Ghulams/Mamluks which were their most important troops historically. Instead they have two camel units.
Camels were in no part of the world were the primary mounts for warfare. Yes they did use them but only by auxiliaries.

Let alone western made video games, even in a Turkish made video game Mount and Blade Warband, Swadian Knights were superior to Sarranid Mamluks. Mamluks historically wiped the floor with Frankish knights in all occasions. Both in 7th crusade and battle of la Forbes.
At least in Bannerlord Khuzaits are superior to other factions.

Yes, especially in Total War and AoE2.

It is because they are mostly more enthusiastic about the subject than most developers. Go see the developer team of AOE4. There are a lot of weirdo SJW women who you can tell have no interest in history and I mind you these are the faces chosen to represent.

A SJW woman literally talked about her feminist agenda and female pride while talking about Joan d' Arc. This woman obviously has no enthusiasm from history and she is driven by a mainstream ideology that consumes the western civilization today. How can be a product of such a developer team be successful?

Camels were used for fighting but Horses were prefered.

Camels were more important for logistical reasons. They carried weapons and supplies also provided food.

For the Nomads like Turks, Arabs, Mongols and Tuaregs the camel was really important in logistics. So losing was one can be devastating because once your supplies dwindle or break is when shit goes the opposite.

Camels were too valuable not to lose.

Central Asian Camel was like a supply truck for the Turks and Mongols. Its heart warming to see Yoruk Turks still riding them and treating them like family.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Mongols are not Turks but they were brutal and ruthless against the Muslims regardless if they were Turk, Arab or Persian.

Im happy it was the Mamluks along with Berke Khan that put a stop to their destruction. It takes a Mamluk Turk to stop the Mongols.

They are our cousins so I still respect them.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Christian African Kingdom of Makuria ruled what was modern day Sudan.

Makuria was never conquered by the Arabs or any other Muslim Empire until Baybars changed that.

Baybars became the first Muslim ruler to conquer and subdue Makuria.

Crazy how the Arabs failed to conquer an African Kingdom with numerous attempts while a Turk just came and mopped the place up.

Irony in this that the Kingdom of Makuria attacked the Mamluks first by raiding Egypt. Who the hell would want to make enemies woth Sultan Baybars the man who demolished the Crusaders and the Mongols.

While most places got conquered by the Arabs from Spain to modern day Pakistan. Kingdom of Makuria survived which was pretty impressive to survive the Muslim Arab conquests especially at the peak of their military power.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Mongols are not Turks but they were brutal and ruthless against the Muslims regardless if they were Turk, Arab or Persian.

Im happy it was the Mamluks along with Berke Khan that put a stop to their destruction. It takes a Mamluk Turk to stop the Mongols.

They are our cousins so I still respect them.
There is also a downplaying of Turks role in Mongol Empire in pop culture. Even among the 5 founding tribes; Keraits, Naimans and disputedly Mergits were Turkic.
Naiman means 8 in Mongolian. Historians believe these are the same people with Sekiz Oghuz, recorded in Orkhun Manuscripts. Because their titles and names were Turkic.
Anyway, not just 3 out of 5 founding tribes, as the empire expanded westwards Turk:Mongol ratio also increased. Golden Horde was completely Kipchak. In Ilkhanate only Jalairids were Mongol tribe. Even Chagatai lands were completely Turkified by the time of Timur.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is also a downplaying of Turks role in Mongol Empire in pop culture. Even among the 5 founding tribes; Keraits, Naimans and disputedly Mergits were Turkic.
Naiman means 8 in Mongolian. Historians believe these are the same people with Sekiz Oghuz, recorded in Orkhun Manuscripts. Because their titles and names were Turkic.
Anyway, not just 3 out of 5 founding tribes, as the empire expanded westwards Turk:Mongol ratio also increased. Golden Horde was completely Kipchak. In Ilkhanate only Jalairids were Mongol tribe. Even Chagatai lands were completely Turkified by the time of Timur.

For me the Turks, Tungus and Mongolic peoples are one people. We lived together, fought each other and shared our food together.

We just went our separate ways hence why Turks are Turks, Mongols are Mongols and the Manchus are Manchus.

Still have respect for my Mongolian cousins.

Turks contributed a lot to the Mongols from religion, language and culture. Genghis Khan built his empire by uniting the various Turkic and Mongol tribes in Mongolia.

Also the Mongolian Empire used the Uygur script as their language alphabet.

Nowadays the role of Turks in world history is constantly getting downplayed. Even our founding father Ataturk is getting called an Albanian.

Like white people us Turks are getting airbrushed from world history dont be surprised if they turn Kanuni Sultan Suleyman into a black guy or a Kurdish guy.

Saladin was known as Saladin The Turk in European sources but now his called a kurd. Saladin's heritage is a mix of Arab, Turk and Kurdish but nowadays they call him a Kurd nothing else.

People forget the Turkic names that the Ayyubid dynasty had like Turanshah, Tugtekin and Bori. Saladin's half brothers had these names.

Last edited:

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

I interested with the worst period
for Turk in history. Why?
Cause I respect the Turk that can stand up from the worst period,
& transform from weak to strong Turk.

Perhaps, the example here are:

- after Battle of Ankara:
almost total collapse for Ottoman;

- after WW1:
a total collapse of Ottoman,
many enemies invaded Turkey
but failed,
a start of Turkish war of indepedence.

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
This began to occur after the Mongols started having a resurgence as "the cool throat singing warriors" in pop-culture. Before that, acknowledging that Turkic people were pretty deeply intertwined with Mongolian history was commonly accepted but it was OK because this was the period of time when people still mostly thought of Mongols as "those savages from Asia" and lumping Turks in with them was totally cool.

It's actually kind of disheartening just how much these people want to erase us from history. It even ruined my enjoyment of The Lord of the Rings after I learned that Tolkien based the orcs on Turks, Black Speech was supposedly a mockery of Turkish (if you read some of Tolkien's extended material, you'll notice the loose similarities) and Mordor was a stand-in for Anatolia.

(Guess what Gondor stood for?)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This began to occur after the Mongols started having a resurgence as "the cool throat singing warriors" in pop-culture. Before that, acknowledging that Turkic people were pretty deeply intertwined with Mongolian history was commonly accepted but it was OK because this was the period of time when people still mostly thought of Mongols as "those savages from Asia" and lumping Turks in with them was totally cool.

It's actually kind of disheartening just how much these people want to erase us from history. It even ruined my enjoyment of The Lord of the Rings after I learned that Tolkien based the orcs on Turks, Black Speech was supposedly a mockery of Turkish (if you read some of Tolkien's extended material, you'll notice the loose similarities) and Mordor was a stand-in for Anatolia.

(Guess what Gondor stood for?)

Mongols represented the Orcs while the Uruk Hai represented the Turks.

Easterlings aka Haradrim were represented as Arabs.

In other words mostly non whites and non europeans that are represented as the villains.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Mongols represented the Orcs while the Uruk Hai represented the Turks.

Easterlings aka Haradrim were represented as Arabs.

In other words mostly non whites and non europeans that are represented as the villains.
I don't think so, it doesn't match up with the similarities. I mean hell, even the way orcs are created (elves tortured into becoming orcs) is a not so subtle reference to Janissaries...because taking conquered foreigners and assimilating them is totally something ONLY Turks did. Not like the Spanish did that to an entire goddamn continent and did it so thoroughly that there's not a single South American country that doesn't speak Spanish (or in the case of Brazil, Portuguese).

(Hell, the English even did it to Scottish people by forcing Scottish women to bear children to English men.)

Uruk-Hai, I think, was supposed to represent Russians. You have to remember than when Western Europe isn't kissing up to Russia are some traditional bastion of Christian faith, they will gladly smear them as Mongol rape-babies. Depending on who you ask, maybe Germans as well but Tolkien actually respected Germans so I don't think that sticks.

At least it explains why I enjoyed the likes of CS Lewis and Madeleine L'Engle more. Their villains aren't one-sided evil racist caricatures and they aren't afflicted with the Luddite idiocy that plagues Tolkien's works even though both were also devout Christians.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think so, it doesn't match up with the similarities. I mean hell, even the way orcs are created (elves tortured into becoming orcs) is a not so subtle reference to Janissaries...because taking conquered foreigners and assimilating them is totally something ONLY Turks did. Not like the Spanish did that to an entire goddamn continent and did it so thoroughly that there's not a single South American country that doesn't speak Spanish (or in the case of Brazil, Portuguese).

(Hell, the English even did it to Scottish people by forcing Scottish women to bear children to English men.)

Uruk-Hai, I think, was supposed to represent Russians. You have to remember than when Western Europe isn't kissing up to Russia are some traditional bastion of Christian faith, they will gladly smear them as Mongol rape-babies. Depending on who you ask, maybe Germans as well but Tolkien actually respected Germans so I don't think that sticks.

At least it explains why I enjoyed the likes of CS Lewis and Madeleine L'Engle more. Their villains aren't one-sided evil racist caricatures and they aren't afflicted with the Luddite idiocy that plagues Tolkien's works even though both were also devout Christians.

Turcophobia and anti turkism sentiment is present in a lot of countries around the world..

In Europe its a way of life with imagery in churches, weapons, statues, books, media, words you name it.

This turcophobia has been going on for centuries. Thats why the eu will never get us because their racist feeling towards Turks have a historical, racial and religious connotations to it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,007
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

A great video to watch.

When Turkey prepared itself a military industry only to sell it off or close it thanks to some retarded politicians.

Last edited:

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq

A great video to watch.

When Turkey prepared itself a military industry only to sell it off or close it thanks to some retarded politicians.
It seems like Turkiye just like nazi Germany and Soviet Union got help from aliens like the roger moor tv show and ancient alien tv show claims😂

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,994
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

I interested with the worst period
for Turk in history. Why?
Cause I respect the Turk that can stand up from the worst period,
& transform from weak to strong Turk.

Here, perhaps, the example here are:

- after Battle of Ankara:
almost total collapse for Ottoman;

- after WW1:
a total collapse of Ottoman,
many enemies invaded Turkey
but failed,
a start of Turkish war of indepedence.

Personally for me its the most impressive thing about Turkish history, no matter how many times we fall we end up coming back into the game.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom