The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
KC-135R-780x470.jpg

First of the ASENA turned back home. KC-135R are upgraded to Block 45 (Pacer CRAG 45.1) in order to keep them in service for next 15 years.

-The Block 45 modification upgrades or replaces 63 items including analogue instruments that are considered high-maintenance

-the aircraft has received new liquid crystal displays, radio altimeter, autopilot, digital flight director and other computer module updates, at least These are for USAF but safe to assume that ours should be the same since it is the same upgrade.

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
KC-135R-780x470.jpg

First of the ASENA turned back home. KC-135R are upgraded to Block 45 (Pacer CRAG 45.1) in order to keep them in service for next 15 years.

-The Block 45 modification upgrades or replaces 63 items including analogue instruments that are considered high-maintenance

-the aircraft has received new liquid crystal displays, radio altimeter, autopilot, digital flight director and other computer module updates, at least These are for USAF but safe to assume that ours should be the same since it is the same upgrade.
Any idea how much this cost for all 7 KC-135?

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any idea how much this cost for all 7 KC-135?
unfortunatly I have no info but sure being able to use them for another 15 years is absolutly worth it!!! USAF paid $910m for 70 KC 135 so min we paid around $91 m. just a crazy fact: Among these 7 KC 135s The oldest KC 135 we have is from 1959 and newest one is 1963

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
unfortunatly I have no info but sure being able to use them for another 15 years is absolutly worth it!!! USAF paid $910m for 70 KC 135 so min we paid around $91 m. just a crazy fact: Among these 7 KC 135s The oldest KC 135 we have is from 1959 and newest one is 1963
If it's around $100-150m then it's totally worth it as you said.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
KC-135R are capable aircrafts. If the modernization guarantees them for another 20 years it is worth it. 7 MRTT + 7 KC-135R should give a nice Tanker fleet to the Air Force. The MRTT can also be used as Cargo Lifts even though I still think that we need more A400Ms.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,957
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well if we can get them for a penny and modernize the avionics they could become a pretty good stop gap solution for the F-4.
Even though i'm not a fan of adding second hand hardware in our inventory.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
By 2025 Mius will be in the inventory and supersonic Mius will probably be in flight tests. Today it is a good move in 2025 it is not a good move.

M

Manomed

Well if we can get them for a penny and modernize the avionics they could become a pretty good stop gap solution for the F-4.
Even though i'm not a fan of adding second hand hardware in our inventory.
EF-2000s are amazing jets tbh love em

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
With huge amount of ToT and cheap unit price, plus production share, I would say yes to Euro Fighter.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is the Eurofighter capable of taking on the Rafale and the Gripen?
It is way better. Eurofighter is designed as an intercepter so its job is A-A warfare. IMO it is the best 4th gen A-A fighter. If we compare the latest models of Eurofighter, Rafale, and Gripen I would rather be inside the Eurofighter. BTW no one "dogfights" in real war conditions.
There is little to slim chance for a Turkish Eurofighter as Brits are retiring them in 2025.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

It is possible to lock even F-22s with Rafale fighter jets. The abilities of aircraft in the air battles are not sufficient alone. Experience plays a very critical role.
I agree with Experience, but we dealing with numbers here.
Fighter f-22 have Stealth tech meaning it is hidden for you at long and mid ranges.
Second f-22 have new and better radar giving a pilot information for enemy fighter at long range and enemy does not know about present of f-22 yet "Situation awareness" .
Third f-22 have new missiles which can make shrap turn for example 180 degree and shoot enemy fighter at you back.
Above three options are game changers.

Yes Experience pilot can make few equal engagement but this does not change the outcome.

About video :/ it is just dogfight. Mean close range current radar can detect and lock f-22 at that range. But again it is shows to us that the Rafale pilot is struggle against more maneuverable f-22.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,292
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But again it is shows to us that the Rafale pilot is struggle against more maneuverable f-22.

That's what I don't want to get overlooked. Rafale alone is useless with its maneuverability. Practical doctrines are needed to do him justice. That's why the Greek Air Force, which has no institutional experience, does not mean anything by itself to receive Rafale. There is a huge difference between the French air force's understanding of air to air warfare on the field and what Greece can do.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am sorry it is Turkish interview Q,A.
But there are very important information about new products and also question asked in IDEF 21.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom