Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,575
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't tell me you believe US wouldn't find another reason to kick Turkey out of F-35 program.
I'm not required to. We gave all the reason in the world directly on a silver platter already.

Someone teach me the mental gymnastics of this. US booted us from F-35 because they don't like us and removed an absolute leverage they would have over us over the next 40 years. But we are pretty hopeful they will give us the one thing we absolutely cannot acquire from anyone else in the world to develop Kaan? Does this make sense? It doesn't.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 446
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not required to. We gave all the reason in the world directly on a silver platter already.

Someone teach me the mental gymnastics of this. US booted us from F-35 because they don't like us and removed an absolute leverage they would have over us over the next 40 years. But we are pretty hopeful they will give us the one thing we absolutely cannot acquire from anyone else in the world to develop Kaan? Does this make sense? It doesn't.
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/legal-requirement-to-maintain-israel-s-qualitative-edge

In short, when Israel says
-Jump!
America always has to reply,
-How high my master?

Israel did not want Türkiye to have F-35 or Patriots so America gave us the run around for 3 decades. Even tried to destroy s400s we bought from elsewhere by embargos and threats. America was confident about their embedded trojan horses but Israelis were not comfortable us having even a compromised, backdoored F-35 & Patriot considering our unexpected reverse engineering abilities since 2000s. They were regretting selling us Herons even with all the backdoors and code traps..

Last edited:

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is an electronic Attack Variant derived from Hürjet possible, which offers similar Capabillities like an EA-18 Growler ?
We should consider the fact that EA-18 Growler is for the Navy i.e carrier based

we have ASELSAN EW POD, HAVASOJ, C 160 ( dont know their current statues) and Land based KORAL I & II...

ASELSAN%2BEW%2BPOD%2B01.jpg

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
40 Eurofighter Trench 4 are gonna cost around $8 billions in full package. (Including ammunition, logistics, spare parts and training)

I guess, money isn't the problem for Türkiye right now.

Ottoman Empire once cut defence spending guess what see seen how that turned when come soldiers even had to resort to using muskets.

Defence cuts only costed the nation. Turkish soldiers even fought against Pkk without even having proper equipment during the 80s thanks to budget cuts.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ottoman Empire once cut defence spending guess what see seen how that turned when come soldiers even had to resort to using muskets.

Defence cuts only costed the nation. Turkish soldiers even fought against Pkk without even having proper equipment during the 80s thanks to budget cuts.
If defence development projects could greately benefit from budget re-allocations it could be better to spend the money elsewhere. If the engine development projects could be helped by spending more money then the returns could be wastly more attractive. I think there is a pace of development where it is more profitable to stick to a certain speed of work where additional efforts bring diminishing returns, unless it is wartime of course.

Maedhros

Reactions
1 44
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Türkiye Requests Latest Configuration Eurofighter Typhoon
Minister of National Defense Yaşar GÜLER will meet with his counterpart, United Kingdom Minister of Defense Grant SHAPPS, who came to Ankara as his official guest today. At the meeting, where bilateral and regional defense and security and defense industry cooperation issues will be discussed, the issue of Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft procurement, which Turkey is interested in, is also on the agenda of today's program. According to defense sources, the purchase of second-hand aircraft is not considered for the Eurofighter Typhoon procurement. Turkey has a request to purchase the latest configuration of the Eurofighter, with a total of 40 aircraft in two packages of 20+20.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Minister of National Defense Yaşar GÜLER will meet with his counterpart, United Kingdom Minister of Defense Grant SHAPPS, who came to Ankara as his official guest today. At the meeting, where bilateral and regional defense and security and defense industry cooperation issues will be discussed, the issue of Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft procurement, which Turkey is interested in, is also on the agenda of today's program. According to defense sources, the purchase of second-hand aircraft is not considered for the Eurofighter Typhoon procurement. Turkey has a request to purchase the latest configuration of the Eurofighter, with a total of 40 aircraft in two packages of 20+20.

To me, before entering into the request for information, request for price process it would be sensible for UK to poll the 4 partner countries to see if any would object to supplying Turkiye. It might make a political point for Turkiye to be refused (or not) supply. From Eurofighter's point of view, what is the point of doing a lot of work on a sales enquiry if it can be established in advance that it would be a complete waste of time?

It would be interesting, though, to see what price was agreed for a 40 frame order with support.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UK and AIRBUS can make it happen.350 AIRBUS aircraft order from THY should create enough pressure on Berlin.

Samba

Reactions
2 114
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UK and AIRBUS can make it happen.350 AIRBUS aircraft order from THY should create enough pressure on Berlin.
This is what I was gonna say as well. When it comes to money, things can change alot easier in contrast to the US.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian passenger planes along with engines are progressing very well at the moment. If we should allocate some of our plane procurement to Russia we can be on the winning side. We can use Russian planes on routes where western planes are not really required.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we should allocate some of our plane procurement to Russia we can be on the winning side. We can use Russian planes on routes where wester planes are not really required.
No we wouldn't be, how on earth can you be so blind to reality that we live in? Russia is a pariah state from now on, there will be no normalization even if the war ends. Doing anymore business with them is unnecessarily shooting ourselves in the foot and nothing more.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No we wouldn't be, how on earth can you be so blind to reality that we live in? Russia is a pariah state from now on, there will be no normalization even if the war ends. Doing anymore business with them is unnecessarily shooting ourselves in the foot and nothing more.
I don't think so, the west is on the decline, China and Russia are on the path to being independant in aviation. This means there will be 4 sources of passenger planes instead of 2. We can diversify our procurement and get better terms in deals. We should not buy 355 planes from vendors who will not even sell us an older generation fighter jet.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Russian passenger planes along with engines are progessing very well at the moment. If we should allocate some of our plane procurement to Russia we can be on the winning side. We can use Russian planes on routes where wester planes are not really required.
Sukhoi tried hard to make an airliner that would appeal to export customers. The Sukhoi Superjet did well initially in service with Mexican airline Interjet, with over 99% despatch reliability. Within a very few years most of their fleet was grounded due to lack of OEM support. Interjet went bust. My latest memory is that Aeroflot's fleet instead of flying 10+ hours a day on average flew more like 1-3.

Buying Russian airliners would be a massive risk for THY.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think so, the west is on the decline, China and Russia are on the path to being independant in aviation.
Mate, I know you usually have a rose tinted glasses on when it comes to our country and our products but if you truly believe that West is on the decline while China and Russia is the way to go forward, you need to change your information sources and make a whole lot more research. Russia isn't the path to anything but being a pariah, and claiming their planes are better than Western companies is just preposterous.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate, I know you usually have a rose tinted glasses on when it comes to our country and our products but if you truly believe that West is on the decline while China and Russia is the way to go forward, you need to change your information sources and make a whole lot more research. Russia isn't the path to anything but being a pariah, and claiming their planes are better than Western companies is just preposterous.
I did not claim that they are better.

It is enough if they are satisfactory. Because of China and Russia entering the market the US and Europe market shares will shrink and they will no make good revenues anymore which will effect their innovatve edge.

On the other hand once we are done making engines for fighter jets we can enter the passenger plane engines market. We can convert our fighterjet engine material science capabilities to high bypass turbofan business. We can make several sizes to cover our needs and maybe sell some to others.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because of China and Russia entering the market the US and Europe market shares will shrink and they will no make good revenues anymore which will effect their innovatve edge.
You are reaching waaaaaaaaay too far there. Neither China nor Russia will make a significant dent in civilian plane sales of US or Europe. And their "innovative edge" is absolutely not dependent on whether they sell planes or not. Seriously, US alone has more budget for r&d in a year than our entire military budget for maybe 10 years, how on earth can you seriously believe that they will lose any of their advantage because their plane sales maybe decrease, which is still not that likely to happen at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
TUSAŞ General Manager Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil:
"We will install ASELSAN radar, which can see 200 km, on Hürjet.
Its nose is made accordingly, so it will be the same as the F-16 radar, and we will place our missiles on it.
Hürjet will land at TCG Anatolia."

"Hürjet's hourly flight costs on average is that you can divide the F-16's flight cost by 5."

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,782
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Typhoon purchase issue is getting hotter. Türkiye has made it’s intentions about the purchase of 40 latest version -presumably Tranche 4/5 Typhoon very clear to UK.
UK defence minister has made a visit to Ankara upon the request of his Turkish counterpart.
Now it is up to UK and Spain to get Germans to lift any blocks they may put on this sale.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom