Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, I do. And he was correct in pointing out that most European countries were not honouring their commitment to spend 2% GDP on defence.
Exactly! NATO is in bad condition (Problem), because of Europeans. Not us. Biggest threat of NATO are the members Germany and France. You will see it in the future.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
It's a possible Threat and there is still existing a mutual Defence Clause in the EU since 2009 and this Clause also Cover over Sea Terretories like Ceuta and Mellila.

BTW: Never underestimate your Enemy !

Some also thought EU Citizen could not accept Restrictions on their Prosperity, but what we see since the beginning of Ukraine War ? They allready live with this Inflation and decrease of Prosperity !

Turkey need to be prepared for this Kind of Scenario with EU !
As you say, what has had an effect on the prosperity of EU citizens is the inflation resulting indirectly from Russia invading Ukraine (energy and food prices soaring).

Bear in mind that supplying European F-16's to Ukraine requires little funding (overhaul, transport etc) - they were paid for years ago. The same applies to many other weapons systems supplied, so supplying those has little or no effect on the prosperity of EU citizens.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Again I ask the question - Regarding Turkiye being a problem for NATO, do people in Turkiye not notice that almost no other NATO members are in open conflict with the organisation?

It is a simple question. It should not be difficult to answer.

Here is a list of NATO countries

Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, United States

28 have agreed to Sweden joining NATO. Which ones have not, thus going against the wishes of the vast majority?

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,395
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Again I ask the question - Regarding Turkiye being a problem for NATO, do people in Turkiye not notice that almost no other NATO members are in open conflict with the organisation?

Yeah, everybody notice that, not just the people in Türkiye.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 631
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany

The Reason are Different Interests, Turkey was becoming NATO Member because the geographic Position covered the southwestern Flank of former Soviet Union.

Also the West is knowing Turkey belongs to Muslim World and it's on an Intersection between Europe, Eurasia as well the Middle East and Africa. The Borders of Turkey were also not drawn by colonial Power.

The West is relying on a Strong Israel in th Region and no Regional Players to become so strong that it's Influence will get lost.

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

I am not a Turk, so I can't speak on the behalf of the Turks. I guess, no NATO country is pressured by the terrorist organization supported by other NATO countries. And there are other things. Also I think that many Turks, realise that the terrorist problem is there for a long time, courtesy of the Allies. Just like in Italy, when Red Brigades were contacted to get rid of Aldo Morro. Just as Bader Meinhoff was hiding in Belgrade while the minister of the foreign affairs of Yugoslavia was a German spy. Other things are , I guess embargoes. Support for Armenians. Etc. I think that those are pretty good reasons.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, your participation and input is invaluable and I enjoy and learn a lot but this is Turkish Air Force News & Discussion thread. So, you know 😉

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I believe that KAI is developing an armed version of Hurjet. How far has that progressed? Would it be of any use to TuAF as an interim procurement until KAAN arrives?

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe that KAI is developing an armed version of Hurjet. How far has that progressed? Would it be of any use to TuAF as an interim procurement until KAAN arrives?
TAI/TUSAS..KAI is Korean....

Everything is too early that Hurjet trainer version is still not finished.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Here is a list of NATO countries

Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, United States

28 have agreed to Sweden joining NATO. Which ones have not, thus going against the wishes of the vast majority?
Greece blocked Macedonia's membership for over a decade for a silly reason.
We don't have any problems with NATO we have problems with the US and Sweden.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,204
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
President Erdoğan stated that in their last phone call, US President Biden told him,
"You take this (Sweden's NATO membership) out of the Parliament, in the same way, I will pass this (F-16 sale) from Congress."

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
President Erdoğan stated that in their last phone call, US President Biden told him,
"You take this (Sweden's NATO membership) out of the Parliament, in the same way, I will pass this (F-16 sale) from Congress."
Funny and shitty trade. F35 should be our condition. Good relations with India, which bought the S400.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Funny and shitty trade. F35 should be our condition. Good relations with India, which bought the S400.
What is achieved by making demands that you know will not be met? F-35 is gone, 100% finito. That is not yet the case with F-16. It is a better idea to try to get what it may be possible to get than to waste time trying to get what it is not possible to get - and in the process prejudicing further any small remaining chance there is of getting F-16.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is achieved by making demands that you know will not be met? F-35 is gone, 100% finito. That is not yet the case with F-16. It is a better idea to try to get what it may be possible to get than to waste time trying to get what it is not possible to get - and in the process prejudicing further any small remaining chance there is of getting F-16.
Once again, we are at fault and not the country that is not only keeping the jets that were already made for us in a hangar but also refusing to return our money to us. Honestly, this forum can hide the usernames and I would know which post is yours right away.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 446
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
W
Our NATO membership may have started as a means to try to protect us from USSR but now it is hopefully there to protect us from what these pack of western hyenas are doing to almost every other free Muslim country. We rather have our money back we paid long ago for unkept F-35 delivery promise but we don't expect even that much of a decency from bunch of animals currently making another crusader dog pack against Yemen this time, while giving Israel handful of nukes worth bombs so that Jews can finish of their 7 decades long Palestinian genocide campaign.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not gone or finished. They can give it if they want, everything is in their hands.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom