Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
UK Pakistani community I am guessing women wore the traditional dupatta unlike the hijab or niqab(very few)
Yes. They were more traditional in the Pakistani cultural context. All women wore Shalwar Kameez [small % had the purdah chador] with a light duppata. That is what my mum wore and still wears. Over time it moved to pan-national hybrid Muslim garb influenced by what is percieved as Arab dress.

VCheng

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Multiculturalism has failed for both immigrants and locals the west claims to be for "diversity" but its a sham

Please define the "west". Immigrants to a small and homogenous population (such as those in many European countries) understandably have a harder time assimilating than those to a giant and diverse melting pot like USA.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please define the "west". Immigrants to a small and homogenous population (such as those in many European countries) understandably have a harder time assimilating than those to a giant and diverse melting pot like USA.
Its because of the very nature of their identity. Being an American by definiton means being an immigrant, therefore its easy to swallow up large groups of people into its patriotic state identity. Its not about your heritage or background but your allegiance to the state and the ideals its represents more often then not. Europe on the other hand draws clear distinction being ethnic, religious, cultural and linguistic groups as they are all nation-states. Not to mention the immigrants tend to become from countries that are a couple hours away with a flight, so their connection to their former homeland remains strong. Few countries actually completely embrace changing the nature of their identity to match its multi-cultural society, the Netherlands definitly being one of them.

French and British are far to arrogant and proud of their history to regard any immigrant as their fellow equal.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The difference being that most European countries caused 'getto' forming,crammed all the Immigrants together in cheap social housing projects where getting out or 'assimilating' is almost impossible.
France is frontrunner with additional massive discrimination.

E

ekemenirtu

Frankly both the jihadists and the far-right ae scumbags. A ideal solution would be to drop both on a isolated island they kill kill each other off and leave rest of us in peace.

If I may, that will result in nothing much.

Then a new crop of both groups will emerge.

People are often a product of their environments, their genetic makeups and their upbringing.

When people with conflicting views of the world are put up next to each other, conflicts are only bound to occur.

I guess colonialism and subsequent globalization is the force that unleashed these conflicts of civilization if you think about it.

Most of the world has been very heavily Westernized. That includes China too.

Not just a handful of Western riffraffs, if you like, but quite a few intellectuals and policymakers believe in Western triumphalism. They believe after the end of the Cold War, the entire world should and even must mould their societies, their views of the world, their laws, culture, religion, customs, clothing and social order to fit the Western world view.

That prejudiced view more than anything is the cause of the conflict.

You might as well say that no other major global civilization except the Islamic civilization, broadly speaking, have put up any semblance of resistance to Western cultural dominance. And we see that Western culture has been absorbed to a great extent in a lot of Islamic majority societies too.

On top of that, widespread demonization of Muslims and Islam, Zionist control of American policymaking, and we know the USA is the defacto leader of the Western world for all intents and purposes, and invasions and subsequent massacres and oppression by the West in the wider Muslim world can not just be overlooked as insignificant factors.

My two cents.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
British are far to arrogant and proud of their history to regard any immigrant as their fellow equal.
I would not go as far as that. The fact is this is a two way road. The host has to open his arms and the immigrant has to embrace. If half or both of the acts do not then it leads to problems. This subject is very complicated. The fact is the 'embrace' becomes more hesitant if the immigrant numbers are huge and at the same time the reasons to 'embrace' also reduces with the immigrant.

In UK some Pakistani's have gone on to reach almost the top of the political ladder. We had Sajid Javed as Home Secretary which is a position right next to the Prime Minister. There was even talk of Sajid Javed making it to Prime Minister although that proved to be premature.

Will Bromsgrove MP Sajid Javid be our next PM?​

We have had the highest ranking ethnic minority in the UK armed forces from the Pakistani community - Rear Admiral Amjad Hussain Royal Navy.

1603311333224.png

There are countless other examples as well as the resident Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is of Pakistani origin. However if people choose to create ghettos and make no effort to engage the mainsteam or get a education to rise upwards then there is no hope anywhere.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Immigrants together in cheap social housing projects where getting out or 'assimilating' is almost impossible.
Strange thing is and I am rather proud of this even if I am critical of my community the Pakistani';s in UK have one of highest home ownership rates in UK - possibly exceeding the indigenous community. All rest of thre immigrants particularly Blacks and Banglas live of what is called 'council housing' [state housing projects]. The Pakistani's will buy a one bedroom house if they can't afford to get bigger but will do their living best NOT to rent or live in council housing. This might change but I think it's a cultural thing.

Ethnicity •Home ownership is more common amongst households led by someone who is White, Indian or Pakistani than other ethnic groups.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
By all means and a very intelligent post even if I don't agree with all of it. May I ask are you of Turkish origin?

that will result in nothing much.
I was being facetious and not serious at all.

That includes China too.
I entirely agree with you. Indeed not that many Pakistani's choose to accept this but most Chinese are probably the most West crazed people you will ever meet. They lap up Western cultural artifacts and mores faster than a alcoholic guzzles a pint.

N

Null/Void

If I may, that will result in nothing much.

Then a new crop of both groups will emerge.

People are often a product of their environments, their genetic makeups and their upbringing.

When people with conflicting views of the world are put up next to each other, conflicts are only bound to occur.

I guess colonialism and subsequent globalization is the force that unleashed these conflicts of civilization if you think about it.

Most of the world has been very heavily Westernized. That includes China too.

Not just a handful of Western riffraffs, if you like, but quite a few intellectuals and policymakers believe in Western triumphalism. They believe after the end of the Cold War, the entire world should and even must mould their societies, their views of the world, their laws, culture, religion, customs, clothing and social order to fit the Western world view.

That prejudiced view more than anything is the cause of the conflict.

You might as well say that no other major global civilization except the Islamic civilization, broadly speaking, have put up any semblance of resistance to Western cultural dominance. And we see that Western culture has been absorbed to a great extent in a lot of Islamic majority societies too.

On top of that, widespread demonization of Muslims and Islam, Zionist control of American policymaking, and we know the USA is the defacto leader of the Western world for all intents and purposes, and invasions and subsequent massacres and oppression by the West in the wider Muslim world can not just be overlooked as insignificant factors.

My two cents.
You know as someone who is a mutt and non -white who often points out that two incompatible groups cant live together as prescribed by the western sham version of multiculturalism the only reason why the west and Europe open their borders was to have a source of cheap labor and fresh population growth cause their populace was not to be exploited no more or have kids to have positive growth yet I get criticized by white liberals for pointing that out and get called a waterboy for the "far right"
By all means and a very intelligent post even if I don't agree with all of it. May I ask are you of Turkish origin?

I was being facetious and not serious at all.

I entirely agree with you. Indeed not that many Pakistani's choose to accept this but most Chinese are probably the most West crazed people you will ever meet. They lap up Western cultural artifacts and mores faster than a alcoholic guzzles a pint.
Chinese and East Asians lapped more western influence lot more but with a East Asian twist

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Chinese and East Asians lapped more western influence lot more but with a East Asian twist
That is always the case. Westernism [if I can use that word] is expressed by every country with it's own "twist". You can see that in Germany, Italy, USA, Norway, Greece, Mexico, Spain, Argentina etc etc. Each twist on the same plot. And that applies to Japan, South Korea and now China also.

N

Null/Void

That is always the case. Westernism [if I can use that word] is expressed by every country with it's own "twist". You can see that in Germany, Italy, USA, Norway, Greece, Mexico, Spain, Argentina etc etc. Each twist on the same plot. And that applies to Japan, South Korea and now China also.

You might as well add Russia and Turkey into the mix as well Peter the Great took influence from the Swedes to build St.Petersburg and the Ottomans had their Tanzimat reforms

N

Null/Void

USA,Canada,Australia and NZ are "settler colonies" Natives were wiped out replaced by Euros, and with their enslaved Blacks who became a underclass

N

Null/Void

Its because of the very nature of their identity. Being an American by definiton means being an immigrant, therefore its easy to swallow up large groups of people into its patriotic state identity. Its not about your heritage or background but your allegiance to the state and the ideals its represents more often then not. Europe on the other hand draws clear distinction being ethnic, religious, cultural and linguistic groups as they are all nation-states. Not to mention the immigrants tend to become from countries that are a couple hours away with a flight, so their connection to their former homeland remains strong. Few countries actually completely embrace changing the nature of their identity to match its multi-cultural society, the Netherlands definitly being one of them.

French and British are far to arrogant and proud of their history to regard any immigrant as their fellow equal.
That may be true in normal times but I think its changing the US is becoming much more polarized on racial, and ethnic lines not seen since the Civil Rights era of the 60s could we bounce back maybe but I am doubting that for now

N

Null/Void

The difference being that most European countries caused 'getto' forming,crammed all the Immigrants together in cheap social housing projects where getting out or 'assimilating' is almost impossible.

The Western Euros just wanted cheap gaistenbaiter for cheap labor they intended that most of them would go back welp they wont

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
That may be true in normal times but I think its changing the US is becoming much more polarized on racial, and ethnic lines not seen since the Civil Rights era of the 60s could we bounce back maybe but I am doubting that for now
I think USA is and has always been far more segragated then UK.

VCheng

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan

Of course it is not perfect, but USA seems to have had the most success in amalgamating its population from a diverse range of sources. What country has a Diversity Visa Lottery program merely to ensure a diverse population?

That issue seems more economic than segregatory by intent.

USA,Canada,Australia and NZ are "settler colonies" Natives were wiped out replaced by Euros, and with their enslaved Blacks who became a underclass

Initially, perhaps, but not any longer. Canada and USA are now far more diverse than their origins would suggest.

Well America is very regional and varies by state

Such variations are based primarily on economics, and more than any other factors.

Top Bottom