TR U.S. says potential F-16 sale to Turkey would serve U.S. interests, NATO - letter

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
because of your weeb signature....i can't take u for real with such a cringe signature,every time i see it i see a guy in a maiden costume, holding two fingers at his eye and givin a smile......
thx a lot for deleting it
I liked his signature tbh. Especially the Ataturk part.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
because of your weeb signature....i can't take u for real with such a cringe signature,every time i see it i see a guy in a maiden costume, holding two fingers at his eye and givin a smile......
thx a lot for deleting it
Try again with my new signature.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In addition to the F-16 upgrades that the Biden administration notified Congress of last week, Erdogan has also sought to buy 40 Block 70 F-16 fighter jets. He has framed the roughly $6 billion purchase as compensation for Turkey’s financial losses in the F-35 program.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We shouldn't tie ourselves with this deal. This is a very risky deal from the start. Let's buy the 400 million missile+radar deal if possible and get the fuck out of that place.

I would rather spend 6 billion on a nationalized Eurofighter(if this is possible) rather than an F-16+F-16 upgrade package. If this is not possible we should look at air warfare on a wider scope and we should spend 6 billion on multiple projects that will contribute to air superiority.

M

Manomed

We shouldn't tie ourselves with this deal. This is a very risky deal from the start. Let's buy the 400 million missile+radar deal if possible and get the fuck out of that place.

I would rather spend 6 billion on a nationalized Eurofighter(if this is possible) rather than an F-16+F-16 upgrade package. If this is not possible we should look at air warfare on a wider scope and we should spend 6 billion on multiple projects that will contribute to air superiority.
You are right Eurofighter will be much better than F16s we can use those as Interceptors.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are right Eurofighter will be much better than F16s we can use those as Interceptors.
We don't know anything about Eurofighters. We don't know exactly if any deal can be worked with the UK that satisfies our terms without the intervention of other countries like Germany. But if it can be done it will greatly contribute to TuAF now and in the future.

Second-hand Eurofighters can be directly transferred to the Turkish Airforce and training can start immediately in the UK.
BAE and Turkish institutions/companies can prepare a Turkish upgrade package for the second-hand Eurofighters with the maximum Turkish contribution. This will be easy with the BAE on board.
RR and RR&KALE joint venture TAEC can set up an infrastructure to maintain EJ-200 and produce spare parts for the EJ-200 in Turkiye. Moreover, RR and TAEC can upgrade EJ-200 to EJ-200 stage 1 with %20 more dry thrust. This will prepare TAEC for the upcoming TFX engine project. Stage 1 upgrade is a low-hanging fruit that won't be a problem for RR. A Eurofighter with %20 more thrust will be a beast.

Turkish Airforce can immediately retire F-4s. Eurofighters can be used as bomb trucks with their 13 hardpoints as well as air superiority fighters/intercepters. The US will keep F-15s beside F-35s as F-15s have a lot of capability that the F-35 lacks.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,785
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Keep lying yourself about usa that is you Ally.....

Usa officials really like to keep TALK (Bla BLa Bla) at meetings with Turkiye.
Like......
Turkiye is our Ally,
Turkiye is our Security Partner,
Turkiye our team partner
...Lies for Naive people............. as we know there are so many Naive people............they keep lying themself, usa said, promise that they will GIVE US :) :) :)
............keep lying yourself

U.S. House backs measure that would Restrict sale of F-16s to Turkey

The House approved the measure, offered by Democratic Representatives Frank Pallone and Chris Pappas, as an amendment to the annual National Defense Authorization Act, by 244 to 179.

It is the latest effort by members of Congress to exert control over the sale of the Lockheed Martin aircraft to NATO ally Turkiye.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should look for alternatives and put them in motion. No need to waste time with the US.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,359
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This F-16 is a waste of time, too many anti Turkish lobby in the house. Those money better spend on Eurofighters, especially the tranche 3 while accelerate the development on TFX

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Keep lying yourself about usa that is you Ally.....

Usa officials really like to keep TALK (Bla BLa Bla) at meetings with Turkiye.
Like......
Turkiye is our Ally,
Turkiye is our Security Partner,
Turkiye our team partner
...Lies for Naive people............. as we know there are so many Naive people............they keep lying themself, usa said, promise that they will GIVE US :) :) :)
............keep lying yourself

U.S. House backs measure that would Restrict sale of F-16s to Turkey

The House approved the measure, offered by Democratic Representatives Frank Pallone and Chris Pappas, as an amendment to the annual National Defense Authorization Act, by 244 to 179.

It is the latest effort by members of Congress to exert control over the sale of the Lockheed Martin aircraft to NATO ally Turkiye.

Very likely that Biden is gonna overrule and have the F-16s delivered anyway but yeah, disappointing.

Every day I agree more and more with Ilhan Omar's old statement that lobbying in the US should be banned. Anti-Turkish interests in the US would lose their power virtually overnight.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
How come lockheed martin is not doing anything about this?

I thought they were the most powerful when it comes to lobbying.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eurofighter thing is starting to get shaped. We can hear some news about it a while later.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very likely that Biden is gonna overrule and have the F-16s delivered anyway but yeah, disappointing.

Every day I agree more and more with Ilhan Omar's old statement that lobbying in the US should be banned. Anti-Turkish interests in the US would lose their power virtually overnight.
Lobbying will never be banned in the US. That is like expecting a dog to limit the amount of food it eats when it has an endless supply. There is a reason why owners measure the amount of food given to their dog because if you just let the dog have the whole bag it will eat until it stomach tears. And the same we are seeing happen with the US, it is slow but it is there.

Lobbying is the main reason for the decline we see the US is undergoing and Lobbying will be its death.

Politicians in the US for decades now don't serve the interest of the American people or even the interests of the US. They serve who ever makes them rich. The armenians and greeks do not have "friends" as much as they like to call those who do their bidding in the Senate and House, they are in essence prostitutes.

Mendenez as an example who is corrupt, has been even found guilty on charges of corruption. But this knuckledhead thinks it can lecture Turkey on laws and human rights. Meanwhile the Armenians sold him a wife to buy his loyalty. This is the US we are speaking of and you have a Rep. being bought with women. Not only that this man sits on one of the most important committees and has been charged and found guilty on corruption by US courts.

The Amendment slipped in the Defense Spending bill by a bought prostitute actively hurts the Americans own interest. I'm not even talking about the F-16, I'm talking about the fact that this idiot tries to have the US Government recognize the baseless claim made by the greeks that Turkish jets violate its airspace.

Which it doesn't, Turkish jets are flying outside the official 6nm but Greece thinks it can as the only nation on earth and in an illegal manner decide that its airspace can exceed its territorial waters. Meaning Greece thinks it can apply a 10nm Airspace around Island which possess 6nm of territorial waters. This has already been condemned by the US government in 2019. As it isn't based on any given laws nor is it sensible or can be found anywhere else on the planet. But Greece thinks it is special so it can do what ever it wants to do.

While Greece repeatedly flies over Turkish town on the eastern coast balantly violating our airspace by going miles into it and trying to threaten civilians by flying over towns.

Which means the US would have to official acknowledge the 10nm of Airspace playing fully into the Chinese hands who know can determine how large their Airspace is and the US will be fully bound at the hands and won't be able to push back as it officially has recognized the same for greece and even supported it in the House and possibly in the Senate and if Biden sign it with this amendment still in so will the WH support it.

Also lets not act as if this is a big win for Greece. The greek lobby was forced to water down its demands by a ten fold after getting a scolding behind closed doors. This amendment will be vetoed by Biden most likely as it also has negative long term impacts on the US itself and they don't have the votes needed to push it through even if Biden vetoes it (need 2/3 majority).

Even with this incompetent government we have the greek lobby is still pathetic at what it does. If we even had a couple competent diplomats we would be crushing them inside the EU and in the US, alas we don't.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eurofighter thing is starting to get shaped. We can hear some news about it a while later.

Eurofighter as American parts for which Britain would need approval. Also Germany is always a factor, Germany who gladly sells ships and fighters to a real dictatorship in egypt which has killed and tortured countless but won't even send spare parts for our tanks to it NATO Ally.

Eurofighter is a dream, if it is doable I would drop the F-16V in second and order Tranche 4 Eurofighters. But alas the circumstances aren't better then those in the US.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eurofighter as American parts for which Britain would need approval. Also Germany is always a factor, Germany who gladly sells ships and fighters to a real dictatorship in egypt which has killed and tortured countless but won't even send spare parts for our tanks to it NATO Ally.

Eurofighter is a dream, if it is doable I would drop the F-16V in second and order Tranche 4 Eurofighters. But alas the circumstances aren't better then those in the US.
As I heard they are OK for a second hand Tranche 1 and Tranche 3 sale. If Brits want to sell us these jets they can convince Germans.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
None of The options are realistic. Time for Turkey to double down on MIUS and the stealth UCAV TAI is developing

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Germany sold tanks they said you cant use it against pkk.

What did they want us to do with the tanks park them in a fcking garage?

Even in the war against isis the Germans still slapped an embargo on us.

Fck them!!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom