UAE Foreign Minister : "UAE is Turkey’s number one trade partner in the Middle East”

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It's not a Western point, the Eastern block believed in those things and it was anti Western.
You may sing praises to the Saudis but they're still an opressive regime who discriminates on their citizens based on gender and religious affiliation and whose sharia law throughout the country is downright appalling.
What kind of religous discrimination? Non promotion of lgbt is not bad thing, i dont see that as social progress. Well, some aspects of their version of sharia laws are certainly hard to understand for non muslims and maybe even wrong from islamic point of view, but still you could learn some of it and apply it in solving high criiminal rates.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
What kind of religous discrimination? Non promotion of lgbt is not bad thing, i dont see that as social progress. Well, some aspects of their version of sharia laws are certainly hard to understand for non muslims and maybe even wrong from islamic point of view, but still you could learn some of it and apply it in solving high criiminal rates.
Sry, I doubt I'll ever learn anything by applying 7th century laws in the 21st century...thank you

Akkor

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Wise move by UAE Biden effect i suppose. They need to work closely with Turkey especially on defence just like Tunisia.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Apologies, a string of Muslim Brotherhood dominated countries from Northern Africa to the Persian Gulf. It was only natural that Arab monarchies, Egypt would react, and I don't blame them.
With all its faults, I quite admire the Emiratis, they're quite emancipated (for Gulf Arab standards) and they're a pillar of stability against radicalisation and reactionary movements.

Funny how people think they know so much can come off so wrong.

Muslim brotherhood is a product of modernity and tradition they have no plans for a caliphate. Only caliphate they fit to support was the Ottoman Caliphate.

Muslim brotherhood is a social movement their whole goal is how much Islam should dominate the country more like conservatives of the today. They believe in having a Modern Muslim state where at least Islam plays a role in the country.

Their whole movement contradicts a sultanate or an empire because they believe God is the absolute ruler.

By the way Muslim brotherhood is not a single group you have many branches and spin offs.

Most radicals eapecially al qaeda and isis hate the brotherhood because they are not radical enough or dont see having a caliphate a priority. Not to mention how most Egyptians even the founder Hasan Al Banna was against terrorism how it is seen as counterproductive.

Europeans fail to grasp any sort of politics of the Islamic World because of your bullshit orientalism even today with all your phds still fail hard to grasp the dynamics of the region from Morocco to Indonesia.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Apologies, a string of Muslim Brotherhood dominated countries from Northern Africa to the Persian Gulf. It was only natural that Arab monarchies, Egypt would react, and I don't blame them.
With all its faults, I quite admire the Emiratis, they're quite emancipated (for Gulf Arab standards) and they're a pillar of stability against radicalisation and reactionary movements.
Lol, you gotta be joking, countries like UAE are the reason why ME is what it is.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
They can take in all the Kurds if they want to make peace with us.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
He said nothing new or extraordinary. He's also right, Erdoğan s caliphate dreams brought him on this collision path with some Gulf monarchies.

There is no such thing as a Caliphate dream or even something stupid as "Neo-Ottomanism", i dont like to defend Erdogan but this false narrative haunts the mind of Europeuns and Americans alike for whatever reason. This is simply Turkey naturally and organically projecting power by its very nature from a highly strategic geographic position. If Erdogan/AKP falls today then nothinh is going to chance about our foreign policy.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is no such thing as a Caliphate dream or even something stupid as "Neo-Ottomanism", i dont like to defend Erdogan but this false narrative haunts the mind of Europeuns and Americans alike for whatever reason. This is simply Turkey naturally and organically projecting power by its very nature from a highly strategic geographic position. If Erdogan/AKP falls today then nothinh is going to chance about our foreign policy.

When Turkey defends its interests it becomes neo ottomanism to them. Because its simple they dont like competition.

A

adenl

If Erdogan/AKP falls today then nothing is going to chance about our foreign policy.
Oh I bet it will change. The only parties that are able to dislodge AKP from power are going to be subservient to the US and EU.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oh I bet it will change. The only parties that are able to dislodge AKP from power are going to be subservient to the US and EU.

Libya wont change, Syria wont change, EastMed wont change, Azerbaijan wont change. Name one thing that is going to change that is not entirely speculation from your side?

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
When Turkey defends its interests it becomes neo ottomanism to them. Because its simple they dont like competition.
Nobody likes competition so it's only natural for others to try to protect their interests.

A

adenl

Libya wont change, Syria wont change, EastMed wont change, Azerbaijan wont change. Name one thing that is going to change that is not entirely speculation from your side?
This isn't speculation, it is reality. Only the CHP has the power to dislodge the AKP and they are weak in the geo-political game. Whatever Turkey has gained geo-politically, they will have a hard time to maintain and you can forget any extension in the geo-political area. And ex-AKP are basically going to do the US/EU bidding (Davutoglu, Gul, Babacan) and the rest isn't a threat to AKP.

And neither of them have the personality and standing of Erdogan on the international stage. They are going to be waltzed over by others.

Last edited by a moderator:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This isn't speculation, it is reality. Only the CHP has the power to dislodge the AKP and they are weak in the geo-political game. Whatever Turkey has gained geo-politically, they will have a hard time to maintain and you can forget any extension in the geo-political area. And Ex-AKP are basically going to do the US/EU bid (Davutoglu, Gul, Babacan) and the rest isn't a threat to AKP.

And neither of them have the personality and standing of Erdogan on the international stage. They are going to be waltzed over by others.
Like a party in the opposition can somehow prove themselves on international stage. You're making it pretty easy for yourself.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you guys believe that Erdogan took all decisions by himself? Turkey getting active in FP is not only Erdogans legacy, it was active in the past (Cyprus, kardak, Bosnia, Kosovo etc.) and will be in the future too without Erdogan.
There are tonns of Generals, political analyst, intelligence organisations that contribute to the long term strategies of the country, Turkey wont magically retreat when Erdogan goes one day.
But we can expect a better diplomacy for sure.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like a party in the opposition can somehow prove themselves on international stage. You're making it pretty easy for yourself.

He's right in my opinion. Can you seriously imagine Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu resisting US or EU pressure let alone Russian threats? I can't and I am trying really hard. I'm not saying that the Turkish opposition is not capable of producing an "Erdoğan-like" figure who is able to withstand all the Western pressure but CHP, MHP, IYI are all parties with zero competency in the field of foreign policy. This is sad because we urgently need competition in Turkey.

A

adenl

The statements they've dropped over the years on international politics is enough for me to draw the conclusion that CHP is going to be weaker than the AKP vis-a-vis geo-politics.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
He's right in my opinion. Can you seriously imagine Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu resisting US or EU pressure let alone Russian threats? I can't and I am trying really hard. I'm not saying that the Turkish opposition is not capable of producing an "Erdoğan-like" figure who is able to withstand all the Western

The statements they've dropped over the years on international politics is enough for me to draw the conclusion that CHP is going to be weaker than the AKP vis-a-vis geo-politics.
I will be blunt, that party can offer nothing to the countries with muslim population.

Top Bottom