TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Actuaally i like tb2 but considering the vast south china sea,i do believed the government will chose anka due to long range.I do believed they are running a tender with regard to drone purchase now

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The only major thing that Pakistan really has in terms of weapons that Turkey could want is nuke technology.

And that's the kind of thing that you make deals for under the table not above it.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,725
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actuaally i like tb2 but considering the vast south china sea,i do believed the government will chose anka due to long range.I do believed they are running a tender with regard to drone purchase now
Aksungur also should be considered with it’s long endurance and range.
It managed 60 hours nonstop flight in reconnaissance mode during fire fighting missions. It has around 6500 km range Depending on it’s load and altitude.

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
aksungur is a new product and also expensive.I read in malaysian defense blog,3 countries involved in the tender.Turk,chinese and US...

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,725
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
aksungur is a new product and also expensive.I read in malaysian defense blog,3 countries involved in the tender.Turk,chinese and US...
Aksungur is comparatively newer. But it was derived from Anka. In essence it is Anka with twin engines. This month it has gone over 1000 flight hours. A lot of customers who have placed Anka orders are in the process of converting all or some of their orders to Aksungur. As most subsystems are identical and with very little extra training, ground pilots of one can easily fly the other, or maintenance teams can be used on both. So it is a logical move.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

You goverment will take both, in terms of tactical chosen one will be TB2. TB2 is cheaper, you will aquire Anka as naval version. Maybe even AKSUNGUR will be Malaysian choose.

nakaFH

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Money? Respect? Influence? Brotherhood connections or all together?
We should not underestimate level of technology of Pakistan. They are manufacturing JF-17 Supersonic fighter Block I-II-III even with the help of China.
They will begin to use Aesa radar before us with Block III.
No need to say experience about nuclear technology and balistic missiles.
Sometimes exchanging critical know-how is valuable than money.
And also Pakistan is another special country for us. Endless ally...

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,725
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should not underestimate level of technology of Pakistan. They are manufacturing JF-17 Supersonic fighter Block I-II-III even with the help of China.
The JF-17 fighter is basically a Chinese plane. Designed and produced with Pakistan. 58% of the JF-17 airframe, including its front fuselage, wings, and vertical stablizer, is produced in Pakistan. But the rest comes from China. Engine is Russian Klimov RD93. Aesa radar too is Chinese. The whole set up is a bit like our T-129 project when it first started.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The JF-17 fighter is basically a Chinese plane. Designed and produced with Pakistan. 58% of the JF-17 airframe, including its front fuselage, wings, and vertical stablizer, is produced in Pakistan. But the rest comes from China. Engine is Russian Klimov RD93. Aesa radar too is Chinese. The whole set up is a bit like our T-129 project when it first started.
Nope, it looks like the TAI F-16 project.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Not a inch of underestimating their capablities, i look it in broader context military industry products selling and partnership is usually pretext for deeper connections in economy and diplomacy areas.
Those tot and possibly new onee will show true value once Pakistan stand up firmly on its feet economicaly.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I suppose another Spain like the country is worth having in the EU.
Yeah, a Baykar factory in Ukraine can be very dangerous and a valuable target 🎯. However, Poland and Ukraine have very good relations and both of them purchased Baykar products so even Ukraine can support that idea due to security concerns.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I like the idea of forming a block with all the eastern European countries based on their fear of Russia.

Everything ex Soviet is a potential partner in defense.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I like the idea of forming a block with all the eastern European countries based on their fear of Russia.

I think antagonising the Russians rn will be a great mistake
Especially, since according to rumors from turkish defense sites, a new deal for an extra batch of s400 is gonna be signed with Russia. What is interesting is that Russia will provide ToT for the missiles to be produced indiginously and that is a great milestone tbh. The main demerit in the S400 deal wasnt poor American sanctions but no ToT from Russia
Now that Turkey is gonna get the deal, why should we antagonise Russia too much. Seems redundant IMO
Lets sell baykar and make quick money but wait a bit on the idea of forming a block IMO

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

And u will also be the first one to defend them when the bear will make their moves on them- better not, sell eq to poland, I think they will be capable of defending their nation but the baltics are a no-no.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,725
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope, it looks like the TAI F-16 project.
You like contradicting everybody. You need to work on that. Also please read a bit carefully the fine nuances in the lines, before blurting out!
Turkish F16 project, “when started“, was an “assembly-line” project. The whole F16 plane was US designed, built, used and sold to many countries.
JF17 is not used by China. It was designed together with Pakistani engineers to suit their needs and Pakistan has the rights over this plane.
It has more similarities with our T-129 project “when it first started” than with our F-16 experience.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom