Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,539
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

I was at a loss where to post it, under land vehicles or uav :unsure:
I think this is the more suitable thread as it is dedicated to unmanned systems.

BTW these mini robots can make a lot of change on the battlefield. I am following what SOF and tactical response units are using in terms of unmanned ground systems and mini drones and I can say we are way behind in their implementation on the battlefield. I am very happy to see that our security forces are following the trends. This exact system have the potential to save many lives.

THE UGVS ARE READY FOR THE TASK!

Land Forces Command starting to use Unmanned Ground Vehicles. UGVs will be used for the secure entrance and reconnaissance in dangerous places in which the possibility for effective intervention is low in all kind of operation scenarios.

Capabilities:

Scout and Reconnaissance Operations

High Maneuverability

Capable of Passing Trough High Obstacles

Capable of Passing Stairs

Capable of Passing Trough Water Obstacles

Controlled From Distance

With the system in question it is aimed at minimizing personnel casualties, reconnaissance and surveillance operations to be conducted in dangerous/dirty places, tasks to be completed easier under enemy fire.

1632950776477.png

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
I think this is the more suitable thread as it is dedicated to unmanned systems.

BTW these mini robots can make a lot of change on the battlefield. I am following what SOF and tactical response units are using in terms of unmanned ground systems and mini drones and I can say we are way behind in their implementation on the battlefield. I am very happy to see that our security forces are following the trends. This exact system have the potential to save many lives.

THE UGVS ARE READY FOR THE TASK!

Land Forces Command starting to use Unmanned Ground Vehicles. UGVs will be used for the secure entrance and reconnaissance in dangerous places in which the possibility for effective intervention is low in all kind of operation scenarios.

Capabilities:

Scout and Reconnaissance Operations

High Maneuverability

Capable of Passing Trough High Obstacles

Capable of Passing Stairs

Capable of Passing Trough Water Obstacles

Controlled From Distance

With the system in question it is aimed at minimizing personnel casualties, reconnaissance and surveillance operations to be conducted in dangerous/dirty places, tasks to be completed easier under enemy fire.

View attachment 32515
What type of UGV is this in the photo? Towed howitzer UGV?
How does this particular weapon system work in terms of projectile loading?

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Thanks for the clarification.
However, in the first image it looks like a Towed howitzer UGV. It would not be a bad idea to develop such a weapon system. Only the British are developing, as far as i know, an unmanned Towed howitzer.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have been seeing the advertisements of such UGV systems for some time in internet media by now. So finally the military got its hands on them. Lets see if they will make any substantial change.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not to forget that it's already necessary to have Anti-drone weapons as well. IMO all vehicles should be equipped with automatic tracking and shooting.

Just one of many out there.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Otokar & Milrem Robotics Teaming To Develop Unmanned and Robotic Systems​

Otokar and Milrem Robotics signed a teaming agreement to explore opportunities for unmanned and remote controlled ground vehicles.

Turkey’s land systems manufacturer Otokar and the European leading robotics and autonomous systems developer Milrem Robotics signed a teaming agreement during the DSEI 2021 exhibition in London to merge know-how and resources for autonomy development and application for unmanned and robotic operations of military vehicles.

Otokar’s and Milrem Robotics’ cooperation will entail working with the existing fleet of vehicles of both companies and introducing new systems by developing intelligent functions, encryption, and safety features as well as environmental awareness and hybridization.

“We anticipate that the future battlefield will consist of a mix of unmanned and manned assets which are seamlessly connected into a well-functioning integrated system,” said Kuldar Väärsi, CEO of Milrem Robotics. “Combining the know-how and expertise of Milrem Robotics, the leading technology provider and systems house for not only autonomous and robotic systems, but also for optionally manned ground systems and Otokar, a strong and innovative land systems provider, will allow us to deliver our customers new capabilities in the land systems segment,” Väärsi added.

Regarding the agreement Otokar General Manager Serdar Görgüç said: “As the pioneer land systems company of Turkey, Otokar continues to introduce innovative solutions in land systems by taking into account the current and future requirements of modern armies and security forces. We consider the different needs and expectations of our users and provide customer oriented solutions. In this context we are delighted to announce our cooperation with Milrem Robotics. I’m confident the combination of Otokar’s combat proven know-how and unique R&D, engineering and testing capabilities in armored vehicles and the Milrem Robotics’ expertise and know-how in autonomy, artificial inteligence and remote control will lead to significant developments in unmanned and remote controlled land systems. This collaboration will enable us to go one step further to generate Otokar’s line of unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) in addition to our existing product range.”

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,539
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
What type of UGV is this in the photo? Towed howitzer UGV?
How does this particular weapon system work in terms of projectile loading?
As others mentioned it is a small one man deployable UGV which transmits images to the operator in case of entries into for example caves, buildings, trenches etc.

It would be interesting if we develop such a howitzer and I think all will come when we reach higher level in AI C2 decision support systems and autonomy. I think a big challenge would be the development of durable enough autoloader system because if the system is unmanned it is possible that it will work away from maintenance/engineer crew and every possible malfunction and especially in the loading mechanism can jeopardize an effective fire mission and reduce its effects.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
As others mentioned it is a small one man deployable UGV which transmits images to the operator in case of entries into for example caves, buildings, trenches etc.

It would be interesting if we develop such a howitzer and I think all will come when we reach higher level in AI C2 decision support systems and autonomy. I think a big challenge would be the development of durable enough autoloader system because if the system is unmanned it is possible that it will work away from maintenance/engineer crew and every possible malfunction and especially in the loading mechanism can jeopardize an effective fire mission and reduce its effects.
The autoloader system i think will be the most difficult part of development and design for an unmanned towed howitzer, Turkey may have taken steps to develop unmanned platforms (air, sea and ground) but here we are talking about an unmanned weapons system which no country still possesses technologically. It is a huge step for anyone who succeeds because it will dramatically reduce the human resources on the battlefield. The British towed howitzer called the Lightweight Fires Platform (LFP) will be developed in the coming years with the aim of putting into service in 2026 replacing the L118. Britain wants to spend 930,730,000 euros (800,000,000 pounds) on its development.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't remember ANKA having Cirit as one of it's armaments. Can anyone verify it's been used/launched ?

Also with the improvements and datalink it's combat range should be longer.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,539
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't remember ANKA having Cirit as one of it's armaments. Can anyone verify it's been used/launched ?

Also with the improvements and datalink it's combat range should be longer.
According to some sources ANKA-A have fired Cirit in 2013. Recently they were advertising ANKA-S with 4xCirit and 2xUMTAS.

1633093260416.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom