31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Rear section of Kizilelma prototype
View attachment 42034
View attachment 42035
I mean why do we keep calling it a prototype? It's obviously a mock-up. The engine is not installed, no panels, fuselage joints are non existent. There are huge gaps between the central fuselage and the wings that got installed recently. You could call it a "prototype development model". It isn't a prototype, I'm 90% positive on that one. Baykar followed the exact same path with the Akinci. Please enlighten me... Could we please clarify what is a prototype and what isn't? Because I'm getting lost here :D

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
They use this prototype for some tests like wind tunnel tests
I mean why do we keep calling it a prototype? It's obviously a mock-up. The engine is not installed, no panels, fuselage joints are non existent. There are huge gaps between the central fuselage and the wings that got installed recently. You could call it a "prototype development model". It isn't a prototype, I'm 90% positive on that one. Baykar followed the exact same path with the Akinci. Please enlighten me... Could we please clarify what is a prototype and what isn't? Because I'm getting lost here :D

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
They use this prototype for some tests like wind tunnel tests
Interesting. I assume a fairly large wind tunnel would be needed. You know, in order to accommodate this massive thing.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
22 8,466
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not every prototype has to be a flying prototype.
Prototypes can have limited functions in order to test whether that particular design/instrumental configuration works under specific conditions. which would bring enough data to adjust, change or enhance particular features either aerodynamically or otherwise.

Although prototype generally means functioning one, this particular one may or may not be a fully functioning one hence the speed it's being shown in.
We simply just have to wait and see for ourselves.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not even a functional prototype. They'll assemble this mockup (It's not even a mockup actually has so little detail) and review the designing process. They'll look to see if the design is proper; wings, canards etc. is not looking absurd. So better call it a development model than a prototype.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The most obvious reason for it being a prototype is the rear section, awaiting engine installation - there's even an hint of the yellow Zinc-Chromate primer top-side of that black tarp. I can go on about other things, previous history on how Akinci PT1 came about and how HizilElma is following suite (@TheInsider explained it already) in the same developmental style, but I'm sure it would just skim over certain individuals heads. Either way, not long left till we see this prototype start to do ground tests. :)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,056
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The most obvious reason for it being a prototype is the rear section, awaiting engine installation - there's even an hint of the yellow Zinc-Chromate primer top-side of that black tarp. I can go on about other things, previous history on how Akinci PT1 came about and how HizilElma is following suite (@TheInsider explained it already) in the same developmental style, but I'm sure it would just skim over certain individuals heads. Either way, not long left till we see this prototype start to do ground tests. :)
Wings are glued. I guess there is nothing to say more

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,230
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Concept is more of the approriate thing to be honest.

Lots of car concept cars despite being real are barely driven if not many dont even have a engine or even basic stuff found in a car due to them being a showcase.

Concept then it will become a prototype. It will go through lots of phases until we see the final outcome.

I cant wait to see how the MIUS KE will turn out in the end. Really excited.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
schit posting is very much your calling isn't it ?
And whats yours? Name calling members for different opinion? Whats the point of a forum when you can not accept the fact that not everyone agrees with you?

There is a good reason to believe that this is either a mock up or a test model for wind tunnel but no way a working prototype.
Except you tell me that Bayraktar wants to build a drone made of composit materials thats traveling mach 1.
The tail section that you mentioned where the engine will be fit in would not be made of a thin composit.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
And whats yours? Name calling members for different opinion? Whats the point of a forum when you can not accept the fact that not everyone agrees with you?

There is a good reason to believe that this is either a mock up or a test model for wind tunnel but no way a working prototype.
Except you tell me that Bayraktar wants to build a drone made of composit materials thats traveling mach 1.
The tail section that you mentioned where the engine will be fit in would not be made of a thin composit.

Writes the person who quoted another member coined the term 'Fetocu' to pass it off as plausible reason to have differing views, what were you expecting to achieve - side-line me to some sort of AKP-Troll ?

There's plenty of real world examples of composite aircraft flying at mach speeds, suggest you look into it.

Rear section of F-35, guess what material that thin strip above the spars is made out of.
1648980405626.png

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Writes the person who quoted another member coined the term 'Fetocu' to pass it off as plausible reason to have differing views, what were you expecting to achieve - side-line me to some sort of AKP-Troll ?
Then dont act like one.

There's plenty of real world examples of composite aircraft flying at mach speeds, suggest you look into it.
And how many real world exsamples work without any flaps?

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This one is probably for Teknofest in Azerbaijan. You can ask many engineers they will also say its not a real prototype..

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then dont act like one.

Act like one how ?

And how many real world exsamples work without any flaps?

What you are seeing is a method BaykarTech uses to make aircrafts, they fully encapsulate mouldings with carbon-fibre with the underpinnings aluminium/steel structure, wait for the mould to set then go back and cut out sections for access panels and necessary ports for spars to slot through. We've seen this method with TB2, Akinci and here with Kizilelma.

It's actually very clever method in which to make composite aircraft, less screws and panels involved - but a lot of accurate slicing involved.

This PT-1
1200x627-baykars-latest-armed-drone-completes-its-first-engine-test-1567358519263.jpg

Became this
1648982025093.png

Selcuk Bayraktar even included Akinci PT-1 in his Kizilelma Twitter Post.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom