Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 21.49.19.png

Oh dear god... She'll most likely be used on load tests. This ain't flying with those dents in the fuselage.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our warriors are waiting for having a weapon no one else has. Will this be a first?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
FU6JeHYXEAA0Ggf.jpg

FO55hGXXwAMsDwI.jpeg

There are changes to the shape of the wings. Canards might've gotten a little larger too, not really sure. Probably a perspective thingy.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
think of the rear-wheel steering systems on the big luxury SUVs. the wings will move a little to help with the maneuverability.
You misunderstood. Or perhaps I misunderstood the original comment. I know how a canard works man :)

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Or perhaps I misunderstood the original comment
i think you misunderstood. luckily i wrote my theory about this before. here👇

it makes SO MUCH sense.
  • KIZILELMA doesn't have a pilot in it, so as long as the airframe is up to the task, 20-30 G's could be achievable and beneficial.
  • KIZILELMA is designed to be STOBAR compliant, that means aircraft launching on its on power, with only the ship's speed assisting take-off. having the entire wing actuated is bound to help with lift. Might also help with landing.
Honestly the wings doesnt even have to move that much. Rear-wheel steering racks in modern cars turn 5 degrees at most and the difference it makes is STAGGERING.
I hope BAYKAR patented this. its a really innovative approach to making planes and the potential makes me drool.🤤

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
i think you misunderstood. luckily i wrote my theory about this before. here👇
But in official renderings we saw Kizilelma with a conventional configuration. Your theory is dope as heck, but I dunno. We will have to wait and see.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not the real prototype. It's for reviewing the aircrafts shape and probably will be used as a mockup for decoration.
It is a real prototype. It might be used as a decoration later but it is a real prototype

The first flight of the MIUS will be done in the first half of 2023. There is less than a year left. Probably around 10 months or so. I expect the first flight to happen in March, April, or May before the elections.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a real prototype. It might be used as a decoration later but it is a real prototype

The first flight of the MIUS will be done in the first half of 2023. There is less than a year left. Probably around 10 months or so. I expect the first flight to happen in March, April, or May before the elections.
Then why it doesn't have any structural parts? Wings are sticked there with adhesive material, you can see it in older photos.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

where's TB3? we have heard nothing about it for a while now

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then why it doesn't have any structural parts? Wings are sticked there with adhesive material, you can see it in older photos.
It is like the shell of a bug, the skin holds the plane together. The body is the main structural part. Landing gear is the second most important structural part and it will be integrated when it is ready, like all other parts. I think.

It will be amazing if they can make it fly well at the first attempt as if they made such a plane before. If they can make development cycles this short it will be the cutting edge of development processes.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom