TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is assembley flaws on Akıncı as well but it is slow can be tolerated but on kızılelma it should not be,other than that it reduces stealth character also. I am on mix feeling

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
There is assembley flaws on Akıncı as well but it is slow can be tolerated but on kızılelma it should not be,other than that it reduces stealth character also. I am on mix feeling
Please don't worry, this is the first prototype, remember Akıncı PT01?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,974
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
It is a prototype :D

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

“If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.”​

A few flaws here and there is the price of moving fast.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't want to bring here pictures of some aircraft prototypes with uneven rivet alignments or even burn stains. IMO, KE has a very good assembly cleanliness compared to many prototype. It is natural that we will also see many differences in subsequent aircrafts. This is part of the development process.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,974
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Man I am worried now about TF-X prototype, even though it is better than Kızılelma someone will find a small flaw or whine about some testing equipment later on...
I get that people are nervous when something is not fitted correctly or if a piece is dangling off the fuselage. But many often forget that there is a huge engineering team behind all of this. And like it or not they know these things better than all of us here. So complaining about pieces that don't fit properly, is illogical in my opinion.

Many also forget this... What if the radome is engineered to look like that? Baykar can surely produce radomes that fit. What makes KE so special? These are possibilities as well. Only time will tell, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
and a few assembly flaws. and too many removable parts for a fast jet. I would have expected a smoother body

View attachment 50616

Turks should know better, no other nations military developments are scrutinised and criticised as much as Turkish ones. Yep its a prototype and like prototypes of TB2 and Akinci before it there will be minor issues with prototype models, however why give the global critics of Turkey the opportunity?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
FiAjUbzXoAA_Zo0

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
my guess is an auxiliary air intake for high AoA manuevers in which normal intakes would not be able to supply air into the engine and would lead into stall, thus allowing aircraft to perform much tighter maneuvers

if not these, it could be an APU exhaust

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,974
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Maybe its my penchant for perfectionism, but all these screws and rivets maks my sick.
Kızılelma doesn't have that many rivets and screws. They're all just visible to the naked eye that's all lmao

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
US, Russian, Ukrainian and Azerbaijani sources are already started to cover this news,

Unmanned fighter jet Baykar Kızılelma running tests to prepare for the first flight​

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not for comparison, but in terms of how much the landing gear will change in the next(carrier capable) variants:

rear gear.PNG

T-45 Goshawk - 80s/90s era
(2 seat carrier-capable trainer aircraft with 5,500 lbf engine and 13,000 lb MTOW)
goshawk_06.jpg

MQ-25A Stingray (state-of art)
(Carrier-Based Unmanned Aerial-Refueling System with 10,000 lbf engine and over 40,000 lbs MTOW)
sss.png

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Not for comparison, but in terms of how much the landing gear will change in the next veriants:

View attachment 50625

T-45 Goshawk - 80s/90s era
(2 seat carrier-capable trainer aircraft with 5,500 lbf engine and 13,000 lb MTOW)
View attachment 50626

MQ-25A Stingray Carrier-Based Aerial-Refueling System
View attachment 50627
I do not believe all versions of KE will be carrier capable. Especially not the initial prototypes.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom