uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,192
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the longest range munition TB3 could carry? I think it's fair to say TB2's offensive capabilities became less relevant as war in Ukraine goes on, and the ISR capabilities are more relevant. If it could also fire some of the larger kuzgun variants that would be actually useful for navy. There are reports that Spain will get F35 after all, but if it isn't final they would be a prime candidate for TB3 export.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nigeria's Ambassador to Türkiye, İsmail Yusuf Abba has revealed that the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ) offered to establish Anka UAV production facility in Nigeria.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the longest range munition TB3 could carry?
Off the top of my head, Mam-T? That should have about twice the range of Mam-L, iirc. Or, probably Alpagut if TB3 can fire that? Not sure about the range or weight of others like Kuzgun, but Baykar's website claims it'll have 280 kgs of payload capacity, which limits the options.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We've been hearing about the possible Japan-Baykar relationship for almost 2 years now. There must be something, but still nothing. Weird.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the longest range munition TB3 could carry? I think it's fair to say TB2's offensive capabilities became less relevant as war in Ukraine goes on, and the ISR capabilities are more relevant. If it could also fire some of the larger kuzgun variants that would be actually useful for navy. There are reports that Spain will get F35 after all, but if it isn't final they would be a prime candidate for TB3 export.
The typical load for TB3 might be 2x Kuzgun+2xKayı-50(50kg) or 2x Kuzgun+4x MAM-L.
This question was previously answered.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,394
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Nigeria's Ambassador to Türkiye, İsmail Yusuf Abba has revealed that the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ) offered to establish Anka UAV production facility in Nigeria.

It feels like Turkey is almost trying to force countries to become partners, from Indo-pacific, Central Asia to Africa.

Establishment of Anka production line in Kazakhtsan, previous offer to Malaysia for local assembly of Hurjet and now this.

I would consider these initiatives as relatively generous. Clearly Turkey has some big Geopolitical ambitions attached to it.

Lets see how far this can go.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
It feels like Turkey is almost trying to force countries to become partners, from Indo-pacific, Central Asia to Africa.

Establishment of Anka production line in Kazakhtsan, previous offer to Malaysia for local assembly of Hurjet and now this.

I would consider these initiatives as relatively generous. Clearly Turkey has some big Geopolitical ambitions attached to it.

Lets see how far this can go.
A really interesting development is taking place, these kinds of deals are very rare to witness. I would understand if it would be strategic countries for Turkey such as Azerbaijan, and Pakistan. But let's not forget what the article is stating:

" According to the news of TurDef; Abba stated that there are many ongoing defense industry issues between the two countries because they understand each other. He stated that most of them cannot be mentioned because they are military secrets. Abba said"

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,394
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
A really interesting development is taking place, these kinds of deals are very rare to witness. I would understand if it would be strategic countries for Turkey such as Azerbaijan, and Pakistan. But let's not forget what the article is stating:

" According to the news of TurDef; Abba stated that there are many ongoing defense industry issues between the two countries because they understand each other. He stated that most of them cannot be mentioned because they are military secrets. Abba said"
I don't think previously established strategic relationship is a pre-condition for such deals.

Turkey also offered BD for joint production of military hardware when Turkish foreign minister visited in 2021.

I think we will going to see more and more of these offers.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I don't think previously established strategic relationship is a pre-condition for such deals.

Turkey also offered BD for joint production of military hardware when Turkish foreign minister visited in 2021.

I think we will going to see more and more of these offers.
Will be interesting to follow.. Good business for Turkey as well as getting the opportunity to strengthen its ties with other states. At the end of the day Nigeria is the gateway to west Africa.. You also find a power struggle between the French, Chinese, and Turks in Africa.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nigeria is getting an Anka assembly line. BTW Nigeria is a big Turkish defense industry customer so it is normal for them to get good deals.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
TB2 sales will likely explode for a 2nd time.

Burkina Faso is using their TB2s to obliterate foreign sponsored terrorist not only in their own country but also neighbouring countries.

African states suffering from French neocolonialism will be showing up at Baykar to get help with kicking the French out.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB2 sales will likely explode for a 2nd time.

Burkina Faso is using their TB2s to obliterate foreign sponsored terrorist not only in their own country but also neighbouring countries.

African states suffering from French neocolonialism will be showing up at Baykar to get help with kicking the French out.
TB-2 continues to work day and night on 3 continents.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom