Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,140
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
They can increase production capacity easily, even triple it. Problem is, we lack on employee.

They need to focus on training enough people then. Production jobs does not require rocket scientists. Also possible to import qualified workers from Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh etc.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any specifications ?

Azab T150 has a wingspan of 150 centimeters and a length of 110 centimeters. With a maximum take-off weight of 7.3 kilograms, Azab T150 can stay in the air for 120 minutes and reach a range of 150 kilometers. The kamikaze UAV, with a payload of 3 kilograms, can fly day and night at a communication range of 150 meters and reach an operational altitude of 2000 meters.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 221
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have been wondering if it is 12 ANKA systems or 12 ANKA aircrafts only.

For example, each MQ-1 Predator system (similar in class to ANKA) cost around 30 millions per system (four aircraft, sensors and the ground control station)
@Gary

MQ-1C is the relative and comparable one in my opinion. Both technical and business level. MQ-1B is no longer running deals afaik.

More or less, even an alone Tb-2 would cost that much (edit: for mentioned 7 million figure, wording wasn't much clear from my side, sorry).

Last edited:

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 987
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI seriously need to increase production capacity. They have a huge pipeline entering mass production as we speak and they need to adapt as an organization. They cannot continue as an research/prototype organization.

They can increase production capacity easily, even triple it. Problem is, we lack on employee.

They need to focus on training enough people then. Production jobs does not require rocket scientists. Also possible to import qualified workers from Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh etc.

Tai knows what is best for their company and Turkish defense industry. 2 year is quite a short cycle for military aviation. When Countries decides to buy Aircraft, They expect it delivered in the mid to long term. Not in a few weeks or months. And They allocate their budget accordingly. There isnt any company that will work with such schedule in this industry. It is important to remember that if TAI increase their production capacity too much They will fullfill all their order before they get new ones. That means They have to decide to retool, close or keep the line open without sales. All of these will cost even more money on top of initial investment to increase the capacity. TAI needs to keep balance between investment for manufacturing lines and R&D, So they can profit more from their manufacturing to invest more into R&D in the long term.

LIbyan Soldier

Libya Correspondent
Reactions
5 247
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya
Azab T150 has a wingspan of 150 centimeters and a length of 110 centimeters. With a maximum take-off weight of 7.3 kilograms, Azab T150 can stay in the air for 120 minutes and reach a range of 150 kilometers. The kamikaze UAV, with a payload of 3 kilograms, can fly day and night at a communication range of 150 meters and reach an operational altitude of 2000 meters.
Nice but i think it should have more powerful warhead

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,672
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is important to remember that if TAI increase their production capacity too much They will fullfill all their order before they get new ones. That means They have to decide to retool, close or keep the line open without sales.
Considering the hellfire surrounding us we should seriously consider making and mothballing excess military equipment.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Will Turkiye catch up with Western aircraft manufacturers? Video from Até Chuet :

LA TURQUIE VA-T-ELLE RATTRAPER LES CONSTRUCTEURS D'AERONEFS "OCCIDENTAUX" ? - YouTube

Transcript:
(00:00) so here we are at Le Bourget and you recognized well it's Turkish aerospaceine du Street which is celebrating its 50th anniversary which has been talked about a lot lately why it has me quite simply because Turkey is really putting full loads as we say nothing guarantee in the development and good of its aviation and not that so there behind us we have a little novelty the t925 it still makes 115 think Super Frelon and when we get a little closer already like is it that you would tell us in the comments what is the point of that we
(00:34) will see if you know put in the comments we are therefore on an absolutely massive helicopter which allows in this situation there and well to transport passengers but necessarily you doubt that we will be able to transport loads transport troops transported from the world or do a lot of relief and it is a kind of new version and a lot of the Super Hornet which no longer exists in our armed forces at the present time we do not have heavy helicopter in France moreover a problem and it is a problem and although the Turks
(01:03) have intellectualized on which they work but not that as you know I rather prefer fighter planes and what 'we have right next to us the famous emergency that we talked about on the channel why because he made his first flight 259 max because he had the gear out what tries they have a very safe approach so you have a small training plane with supersonic capacity which can exceed the sound barrier roughly speaking of the machine 4 which is two-seater in tandem instructor with also and well the pilot in front who will allow
(01:37) training a little bit like on the t28 one a bit like on the Alphajets too but which can if necessary be equipped to do ground attack so it allows you at the level of the nation at the level of the country and well to have a reserve of skills with the hunter so if you have an airplane and they are working on it very expensive you cannot have hundreds of them however this type of aircraft you can have 60-80 and maintain a multitude of pilots and therefore if necessary and one day increase quickly reduce the
(02:11) RH inertia and that's why this type of aircraft is very clever so we're going to do the little trick anyway what do we see of the air intakes which are very high an undercarriage which is very light necessarily it is a rather armed aircraft you see the air intakes are very high very spaced out from the ground compared to the F16 we talked a lot about it on the channel it's obvious to pick up everything what drags nevertheless it is not at all a plane which was thought out to make to make
(02:35) flight on summary tracks it is a training plane but which can be one day we do not know to have the fight in all the case the last us it's a model it has already flown for real and in terms of performance it is sold to climb to 45000 feet because it is more than enough and still collect 8g so for all that is training in air combat to approach it is more than enough so we will follow its evolution I think that in the next few years it will be fine it will take two directions the first direction is really all that is development of the structure and there they have the look good they
(03:07) want the second direction is development of the powertrain all that is reactor leave well the dependence vis-à-vis an engine manufacturer and be able to move towards national manufacturing that will take time but there are 15,000 at the moment at you are working on it and they have a lot of very promising young engineers there behind us we have the same a little bit in the French Navy what is it is drone and helicopter mode which will make it possible to carry cargo so here we are on a maximum mass of around 250
(03:39) kg 275 to be precise and we will be able to take 80 kilos roughly my weight in cargo the desired final state what is it is to be able to simply lug equipment from one boat to another from Earth to a short boat without consuming human potentials to be able to move material and important imagine you have special forces which are hampered in a territory or other even if its duck from everywhere possibly sending a drone which brings ammunition which brings what saving old people from the mediac things like that and well it is possible without risking other
(04:17) human lives with this helicopter player I remind you that we in Vietnam are in many other unfortunately war zones we have already had times engaged ground troops who could not be rescued because the risk was too high so having this kind of helicopter can allow you to go and support the men to go and support the women in contact even if you don't want to risk d 'other lives by its situation is too hot so that's the Rotary wing cargo we talked about and the little point all the same you will ask me so I'll talk to you about it right away in terms of range when you
(04:48) see los it's line ofight is therefore to say that in fact it can be controlled over this distance and well line ofide it is if you put it in pre-recorded or automatic mode necessarily if you have turned on the TV in the last two years you have heard talk about Turkish drones so there it is not by rattle we are on IT but you see that they have this culture it looks quite similar to the drone that we can know in the West and which is very interesting little novelty at the show and well that's it and if you
(05:18) ask what it is and well think badly he's sick we've seen it recently in Ukraine quite simply it's you see it as a kind of modular intelligent drone or missiles why modular and good because in fact it can simulate radar waves and many of an aircraft it can provide intelligence it can collect data it can also make it possible to make radio relays vis-à-vis other drones in short it's a multitude of possibilities and there you can see it by the shape clearly the air inlets we are on a version which will be quite fast if not very fast and which can also
(05:53) simulate a jet or whatever now put a warhead on it and it's like a missile missile and it's marked in the brochure they intellectualized it which can be used in RR but also in airground or in Cid or in guide you know the abilities on which we have currently fallen behind in France but which we intend to work on in the next 5 to 10 years is the ability to destroy enemy solar defenses approach with a drone send this type of missile you recorded it scheduled for let him hit radar radar is the sinews of war in all air defense and you can, without risking
(06:30) human life, prevent the adversary from defending himself in an air corridor and then you can send if need the men to do the mission so that really we see that it is a husky which they have thought about if you can get closer if there is no solar threat close to you because there you are still on aircraft that can be engaged can be detected are not stealthy but you can get close make rain like the Americans have been doing for decades now in the gulf or like France has been doing for a few years with the
(06:57) predator and you are going to be able to impact battlefields destroy a jeep destroy a tank allow your special forces to disengage thanks to this type of ammunition in any case its box of drones it works a little like planes there is no secret you have everything that is taken spito this which will allow you to know your speed your altitude and very important your eye the eye it will allow you to see what is happening on the ground there it is optical you can also sometimes work in near infrared possibly guide laser whether it's your rockets whether it's bombs and it
(07:33) will allow you to have this awareness of the situation but I will never repeat it enough the repercussion of all that what is it that it tends to lead you to zoom in on the battlefield and you regularly have to be disciplined to gain height because what you see in the corner of a street is not necessarily representative of the whole situation and it is true with the media also beware we have already spoken about it in any case there now we are on much more classic armament it looks like a nose roughly speaking 125 kg bomb
(07:58) if that i would say it has GPS capability also GPS capability what will it give you it will give you all weather capability even if there are clouds you can type the target the counterpart what is it you need to have the GPS or GNSS coordinates of the coordinates of the place you want to type it can be extracted with the designation pod or with special forces which are under the clouds and well they will be able to tell you put the bomb in such a place and you will be able either to deflect the lasers we talked about it or to send them
(08:28) with GPS then and well you have we see this desire for modularity on electronic warfare capabilities electronic warfare which will be increasingly important, especially in the air, drones possibly to prevent the presence of small drones on the battlefield because there we are clearly on the drone hotel altitude or medium altitude which will be able to have endurance numbers but as we have seen and well there are also all the low altitude drones with in particular the rodeuses ammunition and one of the means to prevent them from operating in an
(08:56) effective way it is the electronic war which develops and which is more and more developed if you ask the question why are the wings so big it's like a glider the lift it allows you to fly it allows you to take on a load and it also allows you to have autonomy at high altitude easy for the transition of the very small wings of the reactor there we are a bit like earlier on this logic of mald which can therefore make strikes make intelligence make deception and if for example you want to go to an area with fighter planes you send about ten and fifteen of these small
(09:30) systems upstream and that risks triggering the solar defenses which means that behind them well they may have more ammunition or they have given their position which will allow us to deal with them in short it is very difficult at present for a defense CM to know if that is what is happening or a Sukhoi or a helic finally the speed is for them that it is not a helicopter but it is therefore to say to the disappointment and it is air transportable as you can see with the hooks it can be taken there are different versions but under the drones on the other hand there we
(09:58) are on the reactor you will need a certain minimum speed to be able to send it and then you go quickly generally push for autonomy and there we have another version so you see they are really thinking about different versions and here we are on a drone which is a bit like the other but the propulsion is not the same there we are we are on a rear-wheel drive and we are on a concept I want to say slightly different in terms of mass with a payload but a use we will say slightly slightly different there it
(10:27) still does not look like badly with what we know in terms of predators you will have understood that it goes in the direction of having a sovereign capacity to impact the battlefield from A to Z from the transport of troops to the multi-function multi-mission helicopter who next to us at the ground attack helicopter that we are going to see who has already made his first flights also in dronification and all that what is creating is creating in the Turks a military culture a culture of innovation and a spiral that goes up
(11:01) in the right direction from a point of creation of intellectual value and I honestly think that we have to take inspiration from this in Europe because I was able to discuss with the representative in France and he told me something very inspiring he actually told me their model in a way it's Kelly Johnson the famous maker of the Kiss concept who stings simple and stupid and actually what we were told it's that currently in Turkey in their aeronautical industry it's a bit like here in Europe in the 1960s there
(11:28) is perhaps a lot of inflation but there was a lot of creation lots of ideas people dare to test dare to test tend learn and there we can clearly see that they are in this state of mind of value creation if we go there we test we see we assess we debrief if necessary behind and we improve the process and they are in this virtuous circle which means that almost every month at the moment we come out with a new prototype a new idea and it's really a state of mind I want to tell you who who reminds of the motto
(11:54) of the British SAS who dares wins and it will be very interesting to follow the evolution because once again I insist yes there they are models but they have already flown and it goes much faster than this that many experts or observers of which I am a part had anticipated because they manage to adapt in a very agile way [Music] and in truth Pierre-Henri the 12th study is reflected after finally it bounces on the interview of the French that makes them want it kinda gives them the niaque back because in fact what we saw in France I grew up entirely in
(12:46) France if you want everything has already been done the TGV is already behind the TGV Atlantique 500 km/h the planes well here is the 3,800 to the passengers of the magnificent engines the M88 plateau and there everything depends on your resilience and you are in this phase of acceleration but precisely what brings me to my question after that is what is your desired end state is to develop equipment that is intended to remain, we will say, internal to Turkey for its deterrence for its sovereignty for its autonomy or do you want to
(13:30) conquer different market shares go I don't know maybe in Southeast Asia finally you see going to look for the export market in fact the Turks there he was still saying the CEO yesterday well now we have carried out all these processes now it's time to sell them it's that is to say, we are very open, open in the belly, that is to say today the French if they bought yorkout and the plane and even good luck the Turks immediately down there in fact there is no targeted there is no resistance to export in fact we have another
(14:05) mentality in fact a mentality rather open to the world in fact the Turks so to follow all that maybe one day we don't know we will have the opportunity to fly in it, we'll see in any case, I think, and it was one of my big goals for the show to come and see, to come and chat with them to try to gauge the state of mind a little bit and I confess that I am amazed and surprised in a good way, especially for the little security approach they have, which leads us to think that things will continue in the right direction, go do this [Music]

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Since most people here don't speak French I wanted an auto transcribed & translated video. I used an chrome extension. Not perfect but gives a basic idea and also saves you from watching the long videos & helps you consume media faster.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,841
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The comments under the video are as interesting as the video itself. It is once again evident that European defense and aerospace enthusiasts in particular have a very low awareness of industrial relations in the international arena. The Turkish aerospace industry, and more specifically the flagship companies such as TAI, Havelsan, etc., have been an extension of western aviation for a very long time, and their production capabilities and institutional know-how are essentially the same as the standards in their home countries.

But recently, when the Turkish industry has started to focus on indigenous products, they are surprised as if all this has come from nowhere. In fact, one of the main motives that pushed the Turks to do this was the use of their country's defense and aerospace industries as a political lever and a method of power acquisition. There are still many who continue their mistakes with subsystem embargoes and embargoes-like barriers.

Another thing they point to is the momentum gained, which is also one of the grounds on which they criticize the slowdown in their own countries. I think it is an important anecdote when the presenter compares the aviation industry in Turkiye to Europe (imo he means big 3) in the 60s. There is high inflation and many other problems, but there is also a much more enthusiastic and courageous attitude to developing projects and creating syntheses than in Europe. With this statement, the presenter indirectly implied that the gap between TR and FR in terms of aerospace industrial capacities cannot be maintained at the same rate for many years to come.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Let me predict something.
In 15 years, there won't be any qualitative gap between Dassault Aviation and TUSAS.
(quantitatively speaking, TAI already has the most active projects running in EUROPE)

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let me predict something.
In 15 years, there won't be any qualitative gap between Dassault Aviation and TUSAS.
(quantitatively speaking, TAI already has the most active projects running in EUROPE)
In 10 years, not 15.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
PD-170 is good for higher altitute-over 20000 feet-,PD-222 is not good for it but other than that PD-222 is better

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The question is, is TEI manufacturing them domestically now or the casting is still sourced from aboard.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom