Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar CEO "The value of the Bayraktar TB2's engine in the aircraft is not even 3 per thousand."

The Engine is clearly Rotax 912is

Rotax Website with Details

1646424638035.png

Lets make a rough cost estimate based on the 3/1000 statement with prices on the internet

1646426055917.png

The Price is 23754 USD

Thus the Cost for a Single TB2 could be 7.918.000 USD

1646425741123.png

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar CEO "The value of the Bayraktar TB2's engine in the aircraft is not even 3 per thousand."

The Engine is clearly Rotax 912is

Rotax Website with Details

View attachment 40538

Lets make a rough cost estimate based on the 3/1000 statement with prices on the internet

View attachment 40544

The Price is 23754 USD

Thus the Cost for a Single TB2 could be 7.918.000 USD

View attachment 40543
"%0.3 bile değil" means not even %0.3 so it should be something between %0.2-0.3 (closer to %0.3 and probably just slightly under %0.3) and it is the export price of TB2. The price for Turkish armed forces is different.

BTW fuel pumps and some accessories of the engine are not bought from ROTAX i think.

Last edited:

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rotax engines are commercially available. He is right on that truth to be told. Many other well known UCAVs from other countries also prefer Rotax engines.

Though his drones still take the credit of the whole success puzzle despite only being a piece of that puzzle. Roketsans MAM series, Aselsans imaging system CATS and usage of electronic warfare systems such as KORAL are also parts of this success but they dont get the equal representing in the media for obvious reasons.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
IsmailDemir: "Sufficient number of engines were supplied for Akıncı. Our domestic engine to be used in Akıncı is about to finish."
That must be the AI-450 engines with 2 x 450HP power, he is talking about, regarding sufficient being supplied.
Also the domestic one that is about to be finished, is most likely the PD222 engine of TEI.
The 2 x 750HP engine, looks like, is going to come from Canada, if they can overcome the embargo situation.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,792
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It still pisses me off how we don’t use a domestic developed engine for these projects.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It still pisses me off how we don’t use a domestic developed engine for these projects.
It is because it takes time to build an eco-system to produce a “turbofan - turbojet - turboprop - turbo shaft“ family of engines.
Unfortunately, Ukraine/Ivchenko/Motor Sich had such an eco system that allowed them to produce such engines even though they were so much older and outdated in tech and design.
If and when we break our shell of “parts production only” and start investing in building an ecosystem to produce these engines in their entirety, we will succeed.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,734
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
İsmail Demir: At least 50 UAVs will be deployed to TCG ANADOLU. This number can go up to 110 depending on the configuration
I know many will hate me for this but I am so happy that Turkey was kicked out of the F35

Thx to Turkey getting kicked out, the TSK & Govt & SSB & Turkish defence companies had to be creative to find a solution
Now the TCG anadolu will not only carry flying drones but rumors indicate that it can also carry ULAQ drones for safe long distance sea-warfare

Above all of that, TCG Anadolu can also carry tanks, landing troops, helicopters along with few air defense systems like Phalanx-like air defence systems and rockets. That is ofcourse if it is alone and isnt along with 3 or more frigates at least

Therefore, the TCG Anadolu transformed from a semi aircraft carrier with the F35, to a fqing MOBILE MILITARY BASE using air & naval drones and landing troops including tanks

Fqing insane tbh

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
so there will be multiple, not just mius?
Of course. Main drones: MİUS, TB3, Kamikaze drones and ULAQ. TCG Anadolu and her sister ship TCG Trakya also will carry many mini drones. It is necessary to create an all-round sensor network. TCG Anadolu and TCG Trakya will become fully mobile military bases on their own. They will be able to protect themselves unaided. Even if we do not count the navy to accompany them, they will have a considerable firepower, namely attack power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Italians are talking about putting AESA rada with arange of 200km on TB2 for Poland. What kind project do we have for the TB2 and TB3? Imagine a mini AWACS from TB3, you can put 5 in the sky together TCG Anadolu.

Last edited:

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Of course. Main drones: MİUS, TB3, Kamikaze drones and ULAQ. TCG Anadolu and she's sister ship TCG Trakya also will carry many mini drones. It is necessary to create an all-round sensor network. TCG Anadolu and TCG Trakya will become fully mobile military bases on their own. They will be able to protect themselves unaided. Even if we do not count the navy to accompany them, they will have a considerable firepower, namely attack power.

I mean jet powered uavs, will there be more releases next year besides mius (+göksungur)?

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know many will hate me for this but I am so happy that Turkey was kicked out of the F35

Thx to Turkey getting kicked out, the TSK & Govt & SSB & Turkish defence companies had to be creative to find a solution
Now the TCG anadolu will not only carry flying drones but rumors indicate that it can also carry ULAQ drones for safe long distance sea-warfare

Above all of that, TCG Anadolu can also carry tanks, landing troops, helicopters along with few air defense systems like Phalanx-like air defence systems and rockets. That is ofcourse if it is alone and isnt along with 3 or more frigates at least

Therefore, the TCG Anadolu transformed from a semi aircraft carrier with the F35, to a fqing MOBILE MILITARY BASE using air & naval drones and landing troops including tanks

Fqing insane tbh
I agree with that yet the infrastucture we have gained through F35 programme is invaluable. lots of foreign critics of MMU that we see in defence forums is either not aware or neglecting the fact that Turkey is a country which is/was manufacturing critical parts including engine parts for a 5 gen fighter aircraft.

TCG Anadolu will change the millitary terminology in the whole world. TCG Anadolu is not a LHD anymore but as the first of its kind ''A MOTHER SHIP'':devilish:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean jet powered uavs, will there be more releases next year besides mius (+göksungur)?
I don't think there will be jet drones except MIUS. In addition, MIUS will have A and B models, so there is no need for another jet combat drone.

Göksungur, according to my estimation, derived from target plane Şimşek. It will be something of a decoy+kamikaze+EW drone mix. We can assume it is in the kamikaze drone class.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom