Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree with that yet the infrastucture we have gained through F35 programme is invaluable. lots of foreign critics of MMU that we see in defence forums is either not aware or neglecting the fact that Turkey is a country which is/was manufacturing critical parts including engine parts for a 5 gen fighter aircraft.

TCG Anadolu will change the millitary terminology in the whole world. TCG Anadolu is not a LHD anymore but as the first of its kind ''A MOTHER SHIP'':devilish:
Definitely
TCG ANADOLU will be a DRONE MOTHERSHIP

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the introduction of jet-powered uavs into service, we need jet-powered uav tanker aircraft for air refueling. The other two of our greatest needs are; uav carrying high-tonnage cargo and high-altitude radar listening uav that can stay in the air for long periods of time.

Our priority should be uav that can refuel in the air. Realizing these 3 projects as soon as possible will increase the power factor of the UAVs. these projects can achieve huge sales ..

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
589CC74C-8FB4-4D91-BEB3-93670D641B88.jpeg

5 hrs of endurance and 735 km/h cruising speed matched with 500 km duty radius!!!

Last edited:

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
500 nm (nautical mile). It is not km. 500 nm is equal to 926 km. BTW this infograph shows the specs of MIUS-A which will be powered by AI-25TLT. 0.6 Mach cruising speed and 0.8+ Mach maximum speed.
My faulty. Thank you. 500 km was looked absurd

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,903
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we had engines sadly. Finding an alternative will be difficult. Maybe F124 and F125 engines can be alternatives.
Or, if we are to work with RR , their Turbomeca Adour engine with 6000lbf dry thrust for subsonic use and the 8400lbf version with afterburner for supersonic flight, could be considered.
1646564793238.jpeg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,903
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I also consider it as an alternative but its very old actually. It needs serious revisions.
If RR is to become a partner like BAE Systems in TFX, I am sure they will update the engine with necessary revisions, if we decide to go for it. Besides it can’t be any older/low-tech than the Motor-Sich engine we were ready to settle for! Also if the quantities are large enough it would be produced in Turkey.
F124/125 engine is a good engine too. But it is also fairly old in the tooth. It was developed in late 1970s in Taiwan and first used in 1979 For Taiwanese airforce.
Adour Turbomeca is only 10 years older. It has been updated many times to bring it in line with current technologies. US designation of the engine is F405-RR401. It currently powers US trainer jets T-45Goshawk.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If RR is to become a partner like BAE Systems in TFX, I am sure they will update the engine with necessary revisions, if we decide to go for it. Besides it can’t be any older/low-tech than the Motor-Sich engine we were ready to settle for! Also if the quantities are large enough it would be produced in Turkey.
F124/125 engine is a good engine too. But it is also fairly old in the tooth. It was developed in late 1970s in Taiwan and first used in 1979 For Taiwanese airforce.
Adour Turbomeca is only 10 years older. It has been updated many times to bring it in line with current technologies. US designation of the engine is F405-RR401. It currently powers US trainer jets T-45Goshawk.
Only F136 is suitable

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In order for such a thing to happen, England must want to buy MIUS in meaningful numbers. England chose Japan as a partner and excluded Turkey from the Tempest project, why would it want to buy MİUS? Likewise, they partner with the Japanese for a drone like MIUS.

I don't think it will work.

I think the TF-6000 developed by our folks is an Adour Turbomeca-like or even a copy of it. I think we will wait for TF-6000.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,903
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In order for such a thing to happen, England must want to buy MIUS in meaningful numbers. England chose Japan as a partner and excluded Turkey from the Tempest project, why would it want to buy MİUS? Likewise, they partner with the Japanese for a drone like MIUS.

I don't think it will work.

I think the TF-6000 developed by our folks is an Adour Turbomeca-like or even a copy of it. I think we will wait for TF-6000.
I agree that if we can provide TF-6000 in time , it is the correct choice. No doubt about that.
However, I did put 2 “IF”s in my post; “If” we decide to go for it and “If” BAE Systems becomes a production partner in TFX.
If that happens then there is a possibility to produce this engine in Turkey, irrespective of whether UK wants to buy MIUS or not; Even if we buy a limited number of engines for prototypes and for first serial production run, it would serve it’s purpose.
Same goes for the F124 (standard) and F125 (With afterburner) engines of Honeywell. We are manufacturing the CTS-800 under license anyway. So these two engines can go through the same channels.
But with RR we can have full control over engines with respect to selling to third parties short of IP rights. For that we need TF-6000. And that would and could come in at a later date.
It is important to produce a turbofan engine in house with local supply base. So to let RR to produce it under the umbrella of TAEC (51%Kale-49%RR partnership) would prepare our turbofan ecosystem. Same as T-700 and CTS-800 being produced in TEI leading us to our TS-1400. That would too, lead to our own turbofan engines. This is the short cut. Otherwise we would be struggling over simple details for months.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why those 6000lbf engines are around 800kgs. Snecma m88-2 is 100kgs heavier and making 11000lbf.
Are those engines could be made 100 to 200 kgs lighter. Is it because cost factors due to r&d process ?

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why those 6000lbf engines are around 800kgs. Snecma m88-2 is 100kgs heavier and making 11000lbf.
Are those engines could be made 100 to 200 kgs lighter. Is it because cost factors due to r&d process ?
Titanium is a very expensive metal (to make lighter)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
T
Titanium is a very expensive metal (to make lighter)
FYI titanium was way more expensive in the past than it is now.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom