Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
still feels like not enough, somehow...

It depends on the demand I guess. You want to keep production line open as long as possible but you also want to attract customers. If you increase the production rate you might finish your orders early and left out of job but if you decrease the production rate you might lose customers due to late delivery date. I guess 15 per month is the sweet spot for now. You neeed to keep a healthy backlog. Baykar can easily increase that number if there is a need.

For comparison Airbus was producing 60 Airbus A320 family aircraft per month before pandemic but they decreased that number to 40 during pandemic.(Because of the lower passenger demand, airline companies didn't want to add new aircraft to their fleets and asked to halt deliveries on ordered aircraft) Now they are planing to increse that rate to 64.

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
LHDs evolved from ww2 era aircraft carriers, so I don't think anybody is questioning if it is possible, rather if it is practical and safe considering a variety of factors. In the switch from propeller planes to jets shorter aircraft carriers and those without an angled landing deck were considered too risky because a faster aircraft landing is potentially far more catastrophic, whereas you can catch a slower plane like TB3 with a net if it fails to stop. Damaging the deck and bridge is a no no. Because there will be accidents, and if you have an appropriate deck structure the aircraft can try to takeoff again or just fall in the water instead of damaging the ship and leaving other craft grounded or worse flying without any place to land.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are there any historical or existing examples of the ships that have a non-angled deck, and arrester cable catching jet-powered planes?

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Essex class is an example. Essex and short hull and long hull Ticonderoga class aircraft carriers started with propeller planes. Then long versions were modified to fit jets and angled decks were added. Short ones were used as helicopter carriers. Later on wasp class started using VTOLs, so LHDs went back to being light carriers. I think they did have jets on straight decks for a while.

USS Saipan CVL48 I think is the oldest carrier with pure jet engine aircraft? It is similar to an LHD as well.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
SATCOM and SAR payloads added to Bayraktar site
1651249169907.png

1651249216899.png

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
They bought it for training purposes, we don`t know what made it attractive. maybe the prize.

$1.25mil for 5 aircraft, with follow-on order of 50 more in the pipeline - that's no pocket change. So, apart from your attempt at a belittiling schit post, I don't exactly know what you're on about.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
$1.25mil for 5 aircraft, with follow-on order of 50 more in the pipeline - that's no pocket change. So, apart from your attempt at a belittiling schit post, I don't exactly know what you're on about.
The design is bad but the deal may be good.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is an aerodynamically inefficient design. If you look for a similar design actually employed you will not find one.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is probably more to the plane than meets the eye like software with good automation or AI or something.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom