Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
This being the first prototype, its landing gears is not rectractable. They will add For second or third one for sure. Akinci's first prototype also had non-retractable landing gears.
Landing gear being not retracted is general practice for first flights but that does not mean first prototypes are not able to retract the gear.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Does anyone know why does landing gear door are being closed even when gear is extended?

we are having these same useless discussions over and over again. When Akinci flew for the first time, people claimed that landing gear wasn’t retractable because they were not retracted during the test flight.

the fact is that many early test flights around the world are at low speed and altitude and without retracting the landing gear.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
we are having these same useless discussions over and over again. When Akinci flew for the first time, people claimed that landing gear wasn’t retractable because they were not retracted during the test flight.

the fact is that many early test flights around the world are at low speed and altitude and without retracting the landing gear.
My question was not, "why landing gears are not retracted" but "why was the landing gear's DOOR closed."

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
KE will win with BVR engagement, first of all it is made of composite materials not metal, second it is stealthy. Should see it like F35 against F16, when the F16 see it thats to late. KE would all fired his missile and F16 would have to defence.

I play Ace Combat 7 i know its fiction.

But shooting down Jet powered drones is a such a fcking pain in the ass in the game led to me raging with fustration especially the game has a stupid timer on.

They are smaller than a normal jet fighter and hard to spot while pulling all these moves also too many of them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pilots will be trained and prepared for the future which they will face unmanned targets.

Human body can only go through so much.

If unmanned jet powered drones come to the point in doing manuevers where pilots cant even think of doing.

Humans are also not made to stay in the sky forever.

Materials are advancing so dont be surprised if these drones reach the outer space. That place where humans would die and their planes destroyed with ease.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,278
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
How does something like this compare with a modern F16? If both were up in the air what would the likely outcome be?
KE will win with BVR engagement, first of all it is made of composite materials not metal, second it is stealthy. Should see it like F35 against F16, when the F16 see it thats to late. KE would all fired his missile and F16 would have to defence.
MIUS is still a lighter plane than the F-16, although one should consider there are no pilot related equipments on MIUS. We don't exactly know the size of the radome, but probably smaller than the F-16 as well. I know MIUS will use MURAD but it probably is a scaled version. Overall F-16 will have a bigger radar aperture, an integrated EW suite and add to that better supersonic performance.

Anyways, a usefulness of a drone like MIUS really comes to light when operated alongside a manned fighter jet. MIUS doesn't need to shoot down enemy fighter jets themselves. Instead, with their low RCS they could get closer to the NEZ range of the missiles it carry, bleed out as much energy as it can from enemy fighters, saturate their engagement capability. Özgur and in the future, MMU could finish what's left.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,278
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
Is this the first time we(indigenously) flew an unstable airframe?

If you mean relaxed stability by "unstable", then yes, MIUS is the first aircraft from Turkey with such design, at least from what I know.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you mean relaxed stability by "unstable", then yes, MIUS is the first aircraft from Turkey with such design, at least from what I know.
Not first one my friend not first one.. with respect to our ancestors .
Source https://www.kokpitteyiz.com/thk-13/
Screenshot_20221215-124736_Chrome.jpg

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,855
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Congratulations
Their solution is to fcking buy?

Buy and buy?

What good will normal uavs do against Jet Powered UAVs or UCAVs?
Buy jet powered UCAV too. Boeing Ghost Bat perhaps?

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
I was relieved when the Anka-3 and TAI stealth fighter news came out . Baykar KE fast development is really concerning and unrealistic . TAI will beat and destroy Baykar if the airforce made a competition . I would choose a company with aviation experience than a company with drone experience for the stealth fighter .

TAI fighter or new projects will be based on the experience of a real stealth Tf-x production and design process while Baykar KE is just Akinci just in other form .

Look how precise the Tf-x prototype

20221123_154220-jpg.50719

And then the KE , let's not mention the actuator and how they covered it

wlud9es6ejwphg3zslv3oiuvcradreiofbxccmj6g6djiz-mkdeurszyzciagp9ihan5v-vfa5zmv8qbbqvt2gfl.jpg

turkiye-1.jpg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I was relieved when the Anka-3 and TAI stealth fighter news came out . Baykar KE fast development is really concerning and unrealistic . TAI will beat and destroy Baykar if the airforce made a competition . I would choose a company with aviation experience than a company with drone experience for the stealth fighter .

TAI fighter or new projects will be based on the experience of a real stealth Tf-x production and design process while Baykar KE is just Akinci just in other form .

Look how precise the Tf-x prototype

20221123_154220-jpg.50719

And then the KE , let's not mention the actuator and how they covered it

wlud9es6ejwphg3zslv3oiuvcradreiofbxccmj6g6djiz-mkdeurszyzciagp9ihan5v-vfa5zmv8qbbqvt2gfl.jpg

turkiye-1.jpg
TAI has the world largest 3D printer, which was acquired for TFX.
and also TAI has its own advanced carbon composite fuselage facility, which was commissioned to produce f35s fuselage.
besides, TFX and KE isnt in the similar class. so this kind of preciseness measurement isnt fair.

and more importantly TAIs Anka 3 is a bomber, not a fighter like KE. they are not in competition with each other as they would be fulfilling two different role.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom