Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,295
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well Akıncı still has some gaps around panels. It doesn't mean it's built poorly but it is obvious that they are trying to lower the costs. Baykar uses a "softer and more flexible" composite it seems. They also don't use any steel framing at all. A fully composite body has more flex than a steel/aluminum strenghtened one. MQ-9 however looks more "rigid" but it has VERY high cost compared to Akıncı. What is Baykar doing is not wrong thats just the way they do it. https://www.gannett-cdn.com/authori...3e8-1603-6b00-e053-0100007fa974-49203a99.jpeg View attachment 51407
I've noticed similar gaps on Anka and Aksungur. Will upload pics when I find them.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,701
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just needs illumination of target by another uav,sida,platform or one person with laser pointer like aselsan engerek.Akıncı can be more in safe now..
No, this missile doesn't need illumination. It is the air-launched version of the TRG-230. You can fire it to any known GPS coordinate (Well you can also fire TRLG-230 like that but it is a waste.). BTW there is also an air-launched version of TRLG-230.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
1671196846797.jpeg

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It would be really nice if you shared a link

Here is the link:

It seems it is video record of a talk.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just needs illumination of target by another uav,sida,platform or one person with laser pointer like aselsan engerek.Akıncı can be more in safe now..
TRG-230 guidance is: GPS / GLONASS / INS no illumination needed, just coordinates

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I think you have to look at their counterparts in the US to get an idea. It gives an idea if not the same. :p
I know that its little over the double the range of ground fired missile version. But i dont know what was their range that fired from vehicle, most probably its not secret

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The integration of TRG-230 into AKINCI is a great achievement in every respect. It also opens to way forward that going to ALBM capability next years. AKINCI continues to be a game changer.

Last edited:

Boykaz

Reactions
1 121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it would be very nice if the trg300 Kaplan version of this came into existence in a cost-effective system.
If the trg230 is launched from land, it is 70km from Akıncı, it is 100-150 km, if our tiger trg300 is 120 km effective from land, it will be at least 200km+ if it is launched from the air, its weight is 585 kg Akıncı can carry 2 very easily

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I think it would be very nice if the trg300 Kaplan version of this came into existence in a cost-effective system.
If the trg230 is launched from land, it is 70km from Akıncı, it is 100-150 km, if our tiger trg300 is 120 km effective from land, it will be at least 200km+ if it is launched from the air, its weight is 585 kg Akıncı can carry 2 very easily

it is not easy as you make it sound. The question is whether the hard points can carry the load. I think only the hard point under the belly of the aircraft is designed for such a load. Then the question is whether or not it would be too clumsy so have under the belly

Boykaz

Reactions
1 121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
it is not easy as you make it sound. The question is whether the hard points can carry the load. I think only the hard point under the belly of the aircraft is designed for such a load. Then the question is whether or not it would be too clumsy so have under the belly
I think this place carries trg-300 very easily

IMG_20221217_104907.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom