YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,291
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not questioning BAYKAR's abilities. I doubt if Tusaş has more capabilities than Baykar in that regard. What i'm trying to convey is the sheer magnitude of the problem and buying into the hype often the companies or the media pump for various reasons. I'm not singling out Baykar. In my reasoning, american companies are equally incapable of delivering such software in the next decade. We'll see if this opinion will age well in time.
Atually, I'm pretty optimistic on the chances of Baykar pulling this off. Especially with regards to simpler commands. "Patrol that perimeter and warn controller if any trespassers are detected" or "shoot BVRs at everything that enters this zone". These can absolutely be achieved. Will it be hard? Yes. Will it be complicated and prone to bugging out? Also yes, at least initially. But by the 2030, we will be seeing these babies replacing about 90% of tasks performed by F-16s. By 2040s, we should be seeing swarms of these executing complex operations; like "do SEAD in this area".

I'm not an expert on these issues by any stretch of the imagination. I just read about this a lot. I just don't get the "it can't be done" attitude. Most of the times, it can be done. Just not in the way that people thinks. KE will probably require extensive support from other units. They will definitely need AWACS or hava SOJ for example, like how most TB2 operations go with KORAL. My prediction is KE will require a human-in-the-loop operations concept, but it's level of automation will be advanced enough to use it en masse.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine

IT's really hard to tell what type of engine tb-3 have , but it guess from the picture below it's PD 222 . in the tb-3 engine picture there is a small white tank above the yellow starter dynamo , the PD 222 have a space for that tank while in PD 170 there is horizontal rod preventing from having such a space for the tank .

This is PD 222

PD222_TEKNOFEST.jpeg

and this is PD 170

PD170.jpg

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1:52 Kızılelma engine nozzle cowling first appearance.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom