Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ismail Demir few hours ago said on NTV that TB-3 after successfully completing take-offs and landings from land based modelled flight deck of TCG Anadolu, take off from TCG Anadolu could happen by end of year.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil, CEO of TAI: "ANKA-3 will take off and land on TCG ANADOLU. For this, your engine must be powerful."

TCG Anadolu will become the butt of jokes at this rate. Turbofan requirement will become a state issue.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil, CEO of TAI: "ANKA-3 will take off and land on TCG ANADOLU. For this, your engine must be powerful."

TCG Anadolu will become the butt of jokes at this rate. Turbofan requirement will become a state issue.
If things are going in this way soon they will tell boing 747 will land and take off from Anadolu while the truth for now only helicopters can land and take off , perhaps tb3 in future but no other aircraft can take off from small Tcg Anadolu because its small and dont have space to keep all those aircrafts inside or on deck.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If things are going in this way soon they will tell boing 747 will land and take off from Anadolu while the truth for now only helicopters can land and take off , perhaps tb3 in future but no other aircraft can take off from small Tcg Anadolu because its small and dont have space to keep all those aircrafts inside or on deck.
Maybe take-off ok but landing is not possible for most of aircrafts.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe take-off ok but landing is not possible for most of aircrafts.
So they will have realized a miracle if they pull this off nicely. I will mark your words and maybe use them as compliments to our engineers if they make it happen.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
in practice who sees who first and whose air to air missile has the better range?

KE will be a fighter platform that will be largely made of advanced composite materials. It will use the same level coating at least, and ED systems even if scaled. The most important issue that we can consider as a disadvantage may be the power it can give to the systems, but when we think together with the advances here, this disadvantage may be something that can be balanced. If a certain level of success can be achieved in the radar cooling and exhaust thermal chemical signature management of this aircraft, I think the probability of success of Rafale or similar 4+ fighter jets will definitely be below KE. Because first of all it will have lower detectability, perhaps tens of times less. Even if the KE will be a front-line fighter as single engine variant, it will be backed up by much larger radar and command - control platforms. In fact, while the enemy aircraft is actually engaging a Turkish F-16, the Turkish aircraft can relay the position of the enemy aircraft to the KE wing with a different flight profile within the common tactical picture.

In the in-sight air combat manoeuvring scenario, even if they start from an advantageous position, they will not have much chance. If the same level of structural strength limits can be achieved as existing fighters. I still attach great importance to dogfight situations, because in such a war scenario, the main battlefield will be the Aegean Sea. There will be subsonic and low altidude flight and very congested airspaces.

In my opinion, the most important advantage against a neighbouring force will be the variety of platforms that form a common tactical picture, and moreover, the ability of these attack platforms to engage as a whole. The other side is far from this experience not only in terms of infrastructure and system capacity, but also tactically. For example, in the near future, we will be able to apply tactics such as directing ammunition from platform A to platform B, or controlling an unlocked ammunition fired from platform B from platform A with great competence. And the main components of this system, including the carrier platforms, will have a production function with logistic continuity. In the past, each individual surface-to-air or A-A missile inventory was a major potential weakness. In other words, you cannot act on the assumption that a war will end in so X days, it is always necessary to maintain the stock of ammunition at a certain rate, and domestic production gives us the chance to break this weakness.

Last edited:

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
in practice who sees who first and whose air to air missile has the better range?
I'm sure you are correct. However, my hunch is that it will be the decoy Super Simsek or similar super stealthy surveillance platforms which will see the target 200km ahead of any of our weapons platforms arrives. Rafeal or any other 4gen fighter will not know what launched the missile. For all we know, the missile could have been launched from a fleet of unmanned surface/subsurface drones with medium-range AA strategically placed.

War tactics are changing at tremendous speed and Turkey is one of the driving countries.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

If looked in detail this plane can take off from a strip that is 122m long when it is empty. But it needs a runway of 152m to land.
If it has payload when landing it will need a much longer landing strip.
If it has full payload it needs a runway of 304m for take off, and if it has fuel for long endurance flight, it needs an air strip of 488m long.
There is the sea state conditions and the wobbly runway that needs to be considered as well. So as a reconnaissance plane and/or with limited payload it can still prove to be quite useful from many a western aircraft carrier. Albeit with some constraints.
1684572627222.png

Now if we look at our TCG Anadolu;

1684573672758.jpeg

We have a recess at the back of the ship which detracts from the overall quoted length of 232m. There is also a huge lift at the back which further reduces the usable airstrip length. Then there is the ski-lift that can only be used in take-off. It has to be deducted from the usable length during landing. That will leave a usable landing runway of under 150m if one has to be safe.
I really look forward to seeing TB3 taking off and most importantly , landing on this ship. Because if we can muster it, it will be a huge force multiplier for it.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ski jump can possibly be used to slow down planes without even having to use a cable to catch the plane, uphill climb will help slow down. Given that the runway is emptied for landing of course.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you thing about a conveyer belt like system to slow down the vehicle?

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If looked in detail this plane can take off from a strip that is 122m long when it is empty. But it needs a runway of 152m to land.
If it has payload when landing it will need a much longer landing strip.
If it has full payload it needs a runway of 304m for take off, and if it has fuel for long endurance flight, it needs an air strip of 488m long.
There is the sea state conditions and the wobbly runway that needs to be considered as well. So as a reconnaissance plane and/or with limited payload it can still prove to be quite useful from many a western aircraft carrier. Albeit with some constraints.
View attachment 57542
Now if we look at our TCG Anadolu;

View attachment 57543
We have a recess at the back of the ship which detracts from the overall quoted length of 232m. There is also a huge lift at the back which further reduces the usable airstrip length. Then there is the ski-lift that can only be used in take-off. It has to be deducted from the usable length during landing. That will leave a usable landing runway of under 150m if one has to be safe.
I really look forward to seeing TB3 taking off and most importantly , landing on this ship. Because if we can muster it, it will be a huge force multiplier for it.
It can be with a powerful landing gear and braking system, with a powerful engine for short take-off. I don't see much of a problem for automatic landing.

We say it as if it is very simple, but of course it is not.:D :(

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,015
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I'm sure you are correct. However, my hunch is that it will be the decoy Super Simsek or similar super stealthy surveillance platforms which will see the target 200km ahead of any of our weapons platforms arrives. Rafeal or any other 4gen fighter will not know what launched the missile. For all we know, the missile could have been launched from a fleet of unmanned surface/subsurface drones with medium-range AA strategically placed.

War tactics are changing at tremendous speed and Turkey is one of the driving countries.

I wonder if Turkiye conducts all sorts of wargames to see what works and what doesn't. I've got to imagine that before the idlib blitz the Turkish army must have practiced that style of warfare to see if it works or not.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom