Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,730
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please correct me if I am wrong but Sinsi IHA will be a bigger aircraft. I referring subcloud and much smaller UAV, like this demonstrator. It is already in the air, that means a proven concept, why not develop something very useful out of it?
I think you are right, I took a look at the document from 2011, as the Sneaky UAV concept, 8-12 metres wingspan and 7-9 metres length are stated. The maximum take-off weight is given as <6000kg. Therefore, the IHA-7 SİNSİ İHA concept must basically refer to the existing Anka-3 prototype model.

(p.135 http://ercancinar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/SSM_İHA_Sistemleri_Yol_Haritası_2012.pdf)

Edit: Also, as reaffirmed in today's ANKA-3 interview of Mehmet Fatih Küçük from Defence Turk, who did a great job as usual, both smaller and much larger scale variants of the current model are also in the planning for future. So I guess we can say that the current aircraft is essentially a technological demonstration and proof of concept. In other words, in addition to the flying wings for more reconnaissance-surveillance and EW purposes in the style you mentioned, we will probably see huge aerial refuelling/penetrator bomber drones with dual 6000 lbs engines in the future.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
ANKA-3 via TRT

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 21.03.44.png

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Kotil: "Turkish UAVs and unmanned fighter aircrafts will do their missions without any connection (from ground stations) under heavy jamming conditions and return base"

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,806
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Defenceturk did blur these parts, and yet they dont. WTF?

When there is people which are kissing each other TRT do apply blur.
When come to Critical High Tech then TRT do not blur.
Typical behavior, this happened when there are toxic, stupid people which managing this kind of reports

Last edited by a moderator:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,730
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
OK, let's not talk about nuclear (lol), but he is now talking about passenger / cargo aircraft.

Kotil: We will start 4-seater training aircraft, followed by civilian passenger aircraft. In the first stage, we will not enter the field of Boeing and Airbus and go to war with them, but we will enter narrow-body passenger aircraft.

He is talking about an aircraft with a capacity of around 60 seats with a turbofan engine that will include state-of-art material technology.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,730
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kotil: Baykar alone, has an order book of $5-6 billion, full for years. If you add TAI's different production activities, the picture changes considerably. There is a huge demand that far exceeds Turkiye's current production. When we are able to meet this demand as soon as it arrives, Turkiye will become a giant player in 5-10 years.

E

Era_shield

When there is people which are kissing each other TRT do apply blur.
When come to Critical High Tech then TRT do not blur.
Typical Arab kind of behavior, this happened when there are toxic, stupid people which managing this kind of reports
TAI would never have allowed secret parts to be filmed in the first place. Stop bringing your delusional politics into every thread.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
OK, let's not talk about nuclear (lol), but he is now talking about passenger / cargo aircraft.

Kotil: We will start 4-seater training aircraft, followed by civilian passenger aircraft. In the first stage, we will not enter the field of Boeing and Airbus and go to war with them, but we will enter narrow-body passenger aircraft.

He is talking about an aircraft with a capacity of around 60 seats with a turbofan engine that will include state-of-art material technology.
The design stages of many of the existing development work of TAI will have been completed in a few short years and the engineers will need to be fed new design work to keep them productive. A single aisle/narrow body passenger plane which is like a slightly larger bus in the sky will keep engineers engaged for quite some time. It is a natural follower to current work of TAI but I would ask for a clean new design rather than a work on modernizing some old design.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a natural follower to current work of TAI but I would ask for a clean new design rather than a work on modernizing some old design.
Yea. US is working on stealth tanker and AWACS aircraft designs. I reckon they should give it a go

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yea. US is working on stealth tanker and AWACS aircraft designs. I reckon they should give it a go
TAI need products that they can sell in good numbers. If they can make a product that they can convert to other types with a relatively small effort they can create a range that sells. If it is a 60 seat aircraft it can possibly be converted to an AWACS easily, probably to a tanker too. If they can use a TEI core engine to convert to a high bypass turbofan engine and use it on such a plane it would be fantastic.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI need products that they can sell in good numbers. If they can make a product that they can convert to other types with a relatively small effort they can create a range that sells. If it is a 60 seat aircraft it can possibly be converted to an AWACS easily, probably to a tanker too. If they can use a TEI core engine to convert to a high bypass turbofan engine and use it on such a plane it would be fantastic.
Japanese Space jet fail last year.

If we success, that wıll be another miracle for us

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Japanese Space jet fail last year.

If we success, that wıll be another miracle for us
It would be fantastic if we can take the space left unclaimed by the MHI in the market. MHI planes were largely made of aluminium and it is probably one of the technical reasons they failed. As Mr Temel Kotil is a big fan of thermoplastic composites he can make a difference there. If he also brings the vision of hybridization or future electrification of the propulsion into the equation he can make a big difference and may be a winning maker.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom