Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,437
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Spain 🇪🇸 announced a new military aid package for Ukraine, consisting of the following...

- Additional M113 APCs
- Additional "air defense" weapons
- Additional "naval defense" weapons

Spain is also currently hosting Ukrainian soldiers training to use NASAMS and Patriot air defense systems.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,437
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Don't be surprised if later this month France 🇫🇷 announces the transfer of Mirage 2000D fighter / bombers to Ukraine. Ukraine and France have been talking about the transfer of Mirage's for some time and sources indicate that a formal announcement might be coming soon.

France has approximately 20 surplus Mirage 2000D aircraft that they don't plan to upgrade further (55 others will receive a life cycle extension). Ukraine is in need of additional bomber aircraft to supplement its small remaining fleet of Su-24s. The Mirage 2000D is the ideal firing platform for SCALP-EG cruise missiles and Hammer bombs (French JDAMS). Initially, France would likely provide approximately 6 of the aircraft and existing, qualiefied, SU-24 crews would be trained to fly them in France, expediting the training time required. An additional 6 Mirage's could then be "in the pipe" for future delivery, likely in 2025.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Blablabla, dont fool the people.

Russia is not the sick man of Europe, all those Western intelligence reports are just so trustworthy like in the Iraq-invasion with their WMD-lies.

But hey, MaY tHe BeSt WiN!😁

--------------------------------------------

A lot higher than we expected’: Russian arms production worries Europe’s war planners​

Moscow has massively ramped up its industry, giving it advantages in Ukraine and leading to a redistribution of wealth

As Ukraine has scrambled to source ammunition, arms and equipment for its defence, Russia has presided over a massive ramping up of industrial production over the last two years that has outstripped what many western defence planners expected when Vladimir Putin launched his invasion.

contricusc

Reactions
1 520
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Russia is not the sick man of Europe, all those Western intelligence reports are just so trustworthy like in the Iraq-invasion with their WMD-lies.

Russia is now fully mobilized for war with its economy turned into a war economy. They consume all their resources on the war effort, and yet all they can show is some tiny advances on the battlefield.

The fact that even after they fully mobilized their industry for war they are unable to obtain significant gains shows that their potential is much lower than it was thought.

Now imagine if Europe mobilized its industry in the same way Russia did, what the balance of power would look like...

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russia is now fully mobilized for war with its economy turned into a war economy. They consume all their resources on the war effort, and yet all they can show is some tiny advances on the battlefield.

The fact that even after they fully mobilized their industry for war they are unable to obtain significant gains shows that their potential is much lower than it was thought.

Now imagine if Europe mobilized its industry in the same way Russia did, what the balance of power would look like...
I doubt europe could anymore. Maybe US?

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Europe has not the capacity right now to overproduce weaponry. The German industry and economy is shrinking and complaining about the high energy costs and harsh climate regulations. They are leaving Germany for Vietnam and India.

Almost 15% of the Dutch firms left the Netherlands already, because of the high energy costs and harsh CO2 regulations. New firms and new housing projects are still waiting to get connected to the electricity grid, because the Dutch network has no capacity more.

I didnt ever begun about the 5 million refugees coming to Europe yearly and join the unemployment, they dont work and only use resources from the West-European state programs.

West-Europe is dying with their increasing Afro-Asian workless immigrants, intern strubbles betweem right and left, increasing LGBT-population and declining fertility rates, high energy costs and inflation rates and harsh climate regulations sabotaging the economy.

Russia does not have these problems.

contricusc

Reactions
1 520
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Europe has not the capacity right now to overproduce weaponry. The German industry and economy is shrinking and complaining about the high energy costs and harsh climate regulations. They are leaving Germany for Vietnam and India.

Almost 15% of the Dutch firms left the Netherlands already, because of the high energy costs and harsh CO2 regulations. New firms and new housing projects are still waiting to get connected to the electricity grid, because the Dutch network has no capacity more.

The harsh CO2 regulations could be easily removed if Europe decided to move into a war footing. This is something self-imposed, and it is characteristic of a peace time economy. If Europe felt threatened in a real way, it would ramp up military production and suspend all the regulations that make manufacturing so expensive and difficult right now.

The fact that Europe is ramping up production even without turning into a war economy and removing regulations shows its economic power. It basically tries to contain Russia without making any real effort.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The harsh CO2 regulations could be easily removed if Europe decided to move into a war footing. This is something self-imposed, and it is characteristic of a peace time economy. If Europe felt threatened in a real way, it would ramp up military production and suspend all the regulations that make manufacturing so expensive and difficult right now.

The fact that Europe is ramping up production even without turning into a war economy and removing regulations shows its economic power. It basically tries to contain Russia without making any real effort.

If the CO2 regulations are removed, maybe.

But then you have the assymetric working population and high energy costs. In Germany and the Netherlands, there are to much people in state programs, refusing to work for years. 1 of the 5 citizens in Germany and the Netherlands are LGBT or a immigrant. I dont see them working in a weaponplant.

Russia doesnt have that. It's more homogeen, like East-Europe. I am giving examples only about Germany and the Netherlands because i lived there and in my eyes Germans and Dutch have the highest work-ethos of Western Europe. They are not like Spaniards of French or Italians.

Germany is now looking to invest in new build weapon production plants. That means that the capacity now is not enough.

contricusc

Reactions
1 520
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
If the CO2 regulations are removed, maybe.

But then you have the assymetric working population and high energy costs. In Germany and the Netherlands, there are to much people in state programs, refusing to work for years. 1 of the 5 citizens in Germany and the Netherlands are LGBT or a immigrant. I dont see them working in a weaponplant.
While I agree with your points, the problems you mentioned (except for energy maybe) are self-inflicted and can easily be resolved through changes in legislation.

The people who are on state programs could eaily be turned into a workforce if those programs were to be suspended. Of course, for that to happen, the threat should be really great. In the current peace time situation, it is hard to ramp up weapons production because the population is lazy and comfortable, and doesn’t want to give up any of its privileges. But when the threat of war comes, privileges can be easily cut and the population can be mobilized for the industrial effort.

In the case of Europe, it has the technology and it has the money. The problems are the legislation (regulation) and the workforce. Both can be easily fixed, because the legislation can be changed in case on an emergency situation, and the workforce can be increased through immigration, as European wages are extremely attractive for billions of people around the world, so Europe could attract migrants from Africa and Asia to do the heavy lifting in the war factories if necessary.

Russia doesnt have that. It's more homogeen, like East-Europe. I am giving examples only about Germany and the Netherlands because i lived there and in my eyes Germans and Dutch have the highest work-ethos of Western Europe. They are not like Spaniards of French or Italians.
The work-ethos of countries is mostly a myth. People will be lazy if given the opportunity everywhere, and would work hard if faced with no alternative. Europeans are now lazy across the entire continent because the standard of living is very high. The same Europeans (including Italians or Spaniards) were very hard working a century ago, because life was harsh and they had no money.

But there is a quick fix to the lack of manpower for factories, and that is immigration. Dubai was built with only foreign workers, because the locals had the money.

Germany is now looking to invest in new build weapon production plants. That means that the capacity now is not enough.

The current capacity is not very high, because it was meant for peace time and to be profitable. Arms companies didn’t keep much spare capacity because it would be costly and not profitable to do so.

But the fact that they are building new plants shows that they have the resources to do so, and if given bigger acquisition contracts, they could expand even more. The money, know how and technology is there, so expanding production is only a question of will (and time).

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
While I agree with your points, the problems you mentioned (except for energy maybe) are self-inflicted and can easily be resolved through changes in legislation.

The people who are on state programs could eaily be turned into a workforce if those programs were to be suspended. Of course, for that to happen, the threat should be really great. In the current peace time situation, it is hard to ramp up weapons production because the population is lazy and comfortable, and doesn’t want to give up any of its privileges. But when the threat of war comes, privileges can be easily cut and the population can be mobilized for the industrial effort.

In the case of Europe, it has the technology and it has the money. The problems are the legislation (regulation) and the workforce. Both can be easily fixed, because the legislation can be changed in case on an emergency situation, and the workforce can be increased through immigration, as European wages are extremely attractive for billions of people around the world, so Europe could attract migrants from Africa and Asia to do the heavy lifting in the war factories if necessary.

The work-ethos of countries is mostly a myth. People will be lazy if given the opportunity everywhere, and would work hard if faced with no alternative. Europeans are now lazy across the entire continent because the standard of living is very high. The same Europeans (including Italians or Spaniards) were very hard working a century ago, because life was harsh and they had no money.

But there is a quick fix to the lack of manpower for factories, and that is immigration. Dubai was built with only foreign workers, because the locals had the money.

The current capacity is not very high, because it was meant for peace time and to be profitable. Arms companies didn’t keep much spare capacity because it would be costly and not profitable to do so.

But the fact that they are building new plants shows that they have the resources to do so, and if given bigger acquisition contracts, they could expand even more. The money, know how and technology is there, so expanding production is only a question of will (and time).

Time will tell, but i think you are underestimating the climate fanatics in the West-European governments (newly build housing projects are forebidden to connect to gas in Netherlands, only electricity) and the lazyness of the youth - around 1 million people of the 17 million population of the Netherlands are signed up to a state program.

This is not easy to break with. There is still no government in the Netherlands, because of the fresh born right-left political fight. The same situations are born in West and even East Europe (Poland, Hungary etc).

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,437
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny has died in Russian Prison. Putin's thug government has tried to kill Navalny multiple times and it appears that this time they've succeeded.

Man do I wish the absolute worst for the people of Russia. They continue to allow themselves to be ruled by a dictator that rules with an iron fist and literally kills and imprisons any political or cultural opposition. They then take all of their cynicism and use it to attack their neighbours, who simply want a better, more prosperous existence, away from Russia's disastrous influence.

Young Russian men being maimed and slaughtered at the war front, are absolutely getting what they deserve. My tax dollars could not be better spent than ensuring that the Russian way of life is damaged and not able to spread into the civilized countries of Europe.

RIP Alexei Navalny. You had the courage to try. It's a shame that the Russian people don't share that quality with you.

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 389
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I think Navalny was killed. I also think that with his death died any prospects of organised resistance to the corrupt, authoritarian Russian regime. Even if Putin dies or is overthrown, he will probably be replaced by another corrupt, authoritarian dictator.

I don't know how vicious was the regime of the last Czar but he fell when Russia was losing badly in the First World War. Perhaps the whole, rotten, Russian regime could come to an end if Russia started losing badly enough in Ukraine and the army and downtrodden people of Russia turned against the regime and revolted.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
ruzzian soldiers film the battlefield, east of Krasnohorivka, to the northeast of Avdiivka.
"Corpses everywhere. They are all ours."
He said from "Out of 4,000 people, a brigade, only 30% left".
"There are war, but this...... it was a Meat Grinder here many many dead"

exactly the kind of war America wants, a long grinding and costly process. Americans could end this war quickly, give the Ukrainians a few hundred of their fighter jets including some F35 and it would be over. The Americans with a fleet of over 8000 active fighter jets wouldn't even notice that their gone. But for america this is exactly the kind of war they want to utilise both against Russia and Europe. Weaken Russia and make Europe dependent on the US, while at the same time not causing so much harm to Russia that she becomes a Chinese vassal. Allowing Russia to still be used against their other foes like Turkey in places like syria and libya.

contricusc

Reactions
1 520
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Time will tell, but i think you are underestimating the climate fanatics in the West-European governments (newly build housing projects are forebidden to connect to gas in Netherlands, only electricity) and the lazyness of the youth - around 1 million people of the 17 million population of the Netherlands are signed up to a state program.

This is not easy to break with. There is still no government in the Netherlands, because of the fresh born right-left political fight. The same situations are born in West and even East Europe (Poland, Hungary etc).

I actually agree with you that the social welfare programs in Western Europe have destroyed the young generation, but I think the Netherlands are an extreme case, considering they are also leading in the drug use and LGBTQ degeneracy. Not all European countries are as bad as the Netherlands in this case, but you are right that the problem is serious and it should be tackled sooner rather than later if Europe wants to avoid a fast decay.

But with all its problems. the EU is still much more developed and much stronger than Russia in all aspects, and even its decline is much slower, now that Russia has entered a death spiral fueled by war, sanctions, brain drain and one of the lowest birth rates in the world.

contricusc

Reactions
1 520
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
exactly the kind of war America wants, a long grinding and costly process.
I totally agree with you here.

Americans could end this war quickly, give the Ukrainians a few hundred of their fighter jets including some F35 and it would be over.

Ukrainians don’t have the pilots and infrastructure to use F35s, and even the F16s are a very difficult weapon to implement in such a short period of time, but I agree that they have been extremely slow with weapons deliveries and F16s should have already been flying in Ukraine, as the US delayed the training of Ukrainian pilots as much as it could.

Weaken Russia and make Europe dependent on the US, while at the same time not causing so much harm to Russia that she becomes a Chinese vassal. Allowing Russia to still be used against their other foes like Turkey in places like syria and libya.
That’s a perfect analysis. 100% on point.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,820
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pain continue.
ruzzian army was repulsed on many attacks, up to 7 tanks were destroyed, including two T-90 , 2 units of BMP and TOS-1A”

Some translation of the talks in the video:

Sucka Blayt = Son of bitch

" We are hit! We even did not pass 30 meters -> Evacuation, Son of bitch Evacuation"
" I spit on you organizing this attack, Son of bitch"
" It is hard, very hard we have wounded (300) and KIA (200). Where is the back up team. Situation is critical"
"Do you copy Son of bitch" - answer: "They can not. They do not want to come as back up "
"Fucking Fags.. I do not want to speak with any of you anymore"

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,820
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
putin evil dictator killed the most powerful political opponent.
As every dictator does-> kill all of you opponent, kill all media people which are speaking or writing against you.

"This is another sign of putin's brutality. Whatever story ruzzian media or government tell, let everyone know that putin is responsible for this."

Yulia Navalnaya the wife:
"With tears in her eyes, Yulia Navalnaya appeared at the forum and commented.
"For a long time I thought about whether to go out in front of you or fly to my children abroad. But then I thought about what Alexei Navalnay would do in my place, and I'm sure he would be here in ruzzia on this stand. I don't know if I should believe this news. If this is true and he is dead, then I want putin and every one close to him to be punished. And that day will come very soon"

Last edited:
Top Bottom