Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Over simplification. There is no basis to your logic. We don’t know which way Russian speaking population is actually leaning. People say something on TV and do something else in reality. Further we cannot rely on the views of a dozen Russian speaking people interviewed by pro western TVs to make a full conclusion. There are family relationships both ways and the protests in Russia by Russians have been very limited. If Kremlin is genuine about NATO security threats to Russia, the western propaganda is going to fall flat. Putin’s claim that NATO is too close to Russia’s doorstep is a genuine concern - not a made up one. Ukraine has a lot of former Soviet secrets and technology blueprints that if falling into Western hands can pose serious security threat to Russia. What Ukraine should have done is demonstrated via a country wide referendum under international observers including pro Russian countries that the populace wants NATO there and shed its neutrality. Given the highly sensitive nature of ex-Soviet states, Ukraine should have done that - an element of trust was needed instead of demonizing Russia. If the referendum passed with 2/3rd majority, Russia could not have done anything. There are a lot of holes here and I am not sure pushing Russia into a corner (especially if they are actually right) is going to be safe for the world. Dangerous games that can lead to world war 3 here, post which the leftover humanity will be playing with sticks and stones.
Are there pro-Russian people in Ukraine? Probably, although I'd be skeptical if their numbers now are higher than 0.1% or thereabouts. Is Russian propaganda correct that all Russian-speaking peoples want to be under Russia and they are all ethnic Russian minorities? No. That was my point.

The rest of what you wrote is completely irrelevant. I've already pointed out before, if you could understand Russian and watched Russian media, both state and unofficial, regarding this conflict then you would notice that they barely, if ever, bring up NATO. Because they don't actually give two fucks about NATO, it's just a useful tool to entice disillusioned foreigners with. For their domestic media, it's all about reclaiming rightful Russian clay and defending their Donbas brethren against Ukrainian "fascists" and for more honest Russian analysts, it's pretty much all about seizing hold of Ukraine's energy reserves. Crimea was literally annexed using Ukraine wanting to join the EU as justification. Warm water ports were also a nonsense excuse as Russia has several other naval bases on the Black Sea without it.

Hindk84

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
Exactly. people here are unable to fathom that Russians are all-in for whatever reason best known to them. It could actually be a genuine case of Russian security being at threat. The lack of activism in Russia worries me. This means many Russians are supporting Putin’s claims.
Totally agree with your statement

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
And Bangladesh Govorment know about this.
And How they respond ????????

Just check this and find Bangladesh voting

I will try not go off-topic while mentioning some issues. Sorry if there's typo in this.

You do know UN is a pretty useless organization, right? It couldn't do anything effective during Iraq invasion or Myanmar civil war and it's useless in this war too. It won't matter even if a small country like BD, mostly insignificant in global politics vote against Russia. It's basically Europe's issue and can only be solved by the West.

If BD vote against Russia it'll only damage BD-Russo relation. So it's pointless to criticize BD, India, Pakistan, Algeria and Vietnam's stance in this situation cause they all have pretty valid reasons to stay neutral. I think @Joe Shearer or @Nilgiri already explained India's stance on this somewhere here. Now why BD is neutral in this situation?

- First of all, our foreign policy. "Friendship towards all, malice towards none". Even when Russia votes against BD on Rohingya issue or neighbor like Myanmar is hostile, BD keeps maintaining good relation with them. Won't go further on this to avoid off-topic.

- Russia played significant role in our liberation war after India.

- Currently it's constructing a nuke plant, one of the mega projects in BD currently.

- But imports weapons from both country. Ukraine assists us in our Mi-17 MRO plant, it recently provided ATGM to BGB. But Russia is second major weapon exporter of BD. Currently Belarus is upgrading BAF's Mig-29 while Russia is providing AShM, PGM for it. Mi-28, Ak-15 will be procured.

- Russia has recently signed contract to build 2nd satellite for BD.

- Bilateral trade. (with both Ukraine and Russia)

There's perhaps more but i shared what came to my mind at the moment. So the point is it's best for BD to stay neutral as it maintains good relation with both countries though relationship is deeper with Russia. Just like Russian ambassador in BD said, "Best not to get involved in this".

So this incident may not effect much on BD-Russo relation. I guess, the situation is kinda same for other nations i mentioned above. Btw unconfirmed report says it was actually Ukraine responsible for this attack.

Lastly, the HYPOCRISY of the West and people. There are other places where conflicts/civil war are happening, war crimes are being committed but the West and the people are only sympathetic to Ukraine. Some of these Western countries even supply weapons for those conflicts, specially in ME.

Just like Russia they also invaded, destroyed many countries and have even their own war crimes but suddenly they grew a conscience about Ukraine invasion. While people are suffering in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen and other countries for years, air strikes on Burmese civilians are happening during Ukraine invasion too, the West took quick-strict actions and even supplied weapons in short time only for Ukraine.

This is may be a record. It looks like the West can end some wars in few days if they want but they won't. They just love to ravage small countries like Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan but think twice before messing with someone of their own size. Still they face defeats in those small-weak countries. Not first time in history some farmers embarrassed an well-equipped powerful military.

So BD's decision to maintain neutrality on this issue was best idea instead of siding with these hypocrites and racist. Like i said at the beginning, it's basically Europe's issue and can only be solved by the West. So enjoy this momentary alliance and quick actions against one aggression (even though it's still not 100% effective) cause you won't see it very often.

Btw, this maybe a bit off-topic but I want to add it here. I see an interesting similarity between Ukrainian and Burmese people at the moment. When Myanmar junta cracked down on Rohingya, massacred them, while they were running for their lives, the Burmese people were silent on this.

They were torture for decades but suddenly during 2017's genocide the Burmese started calling them illegal Bangladeshis, black, pig etc in social media and supported the cracked down, Even Aung San Suu Kyi supported them and denied reports about genocide.

Now the same thing is happening to them and i often see them on social media requesting to help Myanmar. They even requested Rohingyas to fight for them against junta.

And Ukraine provided weapons to this junta, continued military cooperation even after all these cracked down, genocide and ethnic cleansing, provided ToT.

Now they face another aggressor just like Burmese junta who also indiscriminately kills civilians and destroys their homes. Just like the Burmese people, the Ukrainians are also requesting the world to help them. Ironic, isn't it?

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I will try not go off-topic while mentioning some issues. Sorry if there's typo in this.

You do know UN is a pretty useless organization, right? It couldn't do anything effective during Iraq invasion or Myanmar civil war and it's useless in this war too. It won't matter even if a small country like BD, mostly insignificant in global politics vote against Russia. It's basically Europe's issue and can only be solved by the West.

If BD vote against Russia it'll only damage BD-Russo relation. So it's pointless to criticize BD, India, Pakistan, Algeria and Vietnam's stance in this situation cause they all have pretty valid reasons to stay neutral. I think @Joe Shearer or @Nilgiri already explained India's stance on this somewhere here. Now why BD is neutral in this situation?

- First of all, our foreign policy. "Friendship towards all, malice towards none". Even when Russia votes against BD on Rohingya issue or neighbor like Myanmar is hostile, BD keeps maintaining good relation with them. Won't go further on this to avoid off-topic.

- Russia played significant role in our liberation war after India.

- Currently it's constructing a nuke plant, one of the mega projects in BD currently.

- But imports weapons from both country. Ukraine assists us in our Mi-17 MRO plant, it recently provided ATGM to BGB. But Russia is second major weapon exporter of BD. Currently Belarus is upgrading BAF's Mig-29 while Russia is providing AShM, PGM for it. Mi-28, Ak-15 will be procured.

- Russia has recently signed contract to build 2nd satellite for BD.

- Bilateral trade. (with both Ukraine and Russia)

There's perhaps more but i shared what came to my mind at the moment. So the point is it's best for BD to stay neutral as it maintains good relation with both countries though relationship is deeper with Russia. Just like Russian ambassador in BD said, "Best not to get involved in this".

So this incident may not effect much on BD-Russo relation. I guess, the situation is kinda same for other nations i mentioned above. Btw unconfirmed report says it was actually Ukraine responsible for this attack.

Lastly, the HYPOCRISY of the West and people. There are other places where conflicts/civil war are happening, war crimes are being committed but the West and the people are only sympathetic to Ukraine. Some of these Western countries even supply weapons for those conflicts, specially in ME.

Just like Russia they also invaded, destroyed many countries and have even their own war crimes but suddenly they grew a conscience about Ukraine invasion. While people are suffering in Myanmar, Syria, Yemen and other countries for years, air strikes on Burmese civilians are happening during Ukraine invasion too, the West took quick-strict actions and even supplied weapons in short time only for Ukraine.

This is may be a record. It looks like the West can end some wars in few days if they want but they won't. They just love to ravage small countries like Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan but think twice before messing with someone of their own size. Still they face defeats in those small-weak countries. Not first time in history some farmers embarrassed an well-equipped powerful military.

So BD's decision to maintain neutrality on this issue was best idea instead of siding with these hypocrites and racist. Like i said at the beginning, it's basically Europe's issue and can only be solved by the West. So enjoy this momentary alliance and quick actions against one aggression (even though it's still not 100% effective) cause you won't see it very often.

Btw, this maybe a bit off-topic but I want to add it here. I see an interesting similarity between Ukrainian and Burmese people at the moment. When Myanmar junta cracked down on Rohingya, massacred them, while they were running for their lives, the Burmese people were silent on this.

They were torture for decades but suddenly during 2017's genocide the Burmese started calling them illegal Bangladeshis, black, pig etc in social media and supported the cracked down, Even Aung San Suu Kyi supported them and denied reports about genocide.

Now the same thing is happening to them and i often see them on social media requesting to help Myanmar. They even requested Rohingyas to fight for them against junta.

And Ukraine provided weapons to this junta, continued military cooperation even after all these cracked down, genocide and ethnic cleansing, provided ToT.

Now they face another aggressor just like Burmese junta who also indiscriminately kills civilians and destroys their homes. Just like the Burmese people, the Ukrainians are also requesting the world to help them. Ironic, isn't it?

You have a solid point here

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Military Equipment Losses

Russia - 661

destroyed: 268,
damaged: 10,
abandoned: 141,
captured: 241

Ukraine - 211
destroyed: 80,
damaged: 4,
abandoned: 44,
captured: 83

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim.
Good day to Others.

Military Equipment Losses

Russia - 730

destroyed: 287,
damaged: 10,
abandoned: 143,
captured: 290

Ukraine - 234
destroyed: 88,
damaged: 4,
abandoned: 44,
captured: 98

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attac...ipment.html?m=1

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bayraktar has become a legendary weapon in my country. Folk songs are already composed about it. The first one is my favorite

We are also proud to be able to help our friends in need, slava ukraini.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fighter negotiation returns between the US and Poland: FT

12FE9B2F-23BE-4700-9DAE-AFD6C00B8721.jpeg

According to the agreement, which is still in negotiations, Poland will give the Russian-made warplanes in its inventory to Ukraine.

In return, the United States will supply F-16s to Poland.

Poland is worried about Russia's reaction.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom