Latest Thread

Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Did they? My memory might be hazy but I didn't see any overall support for Russia when the plane was downed. Most Western media was fully OK with Turkey defending its borders, merely cautioning that this shouldn't escalate.

Yeah as far as english language media is concerned it was hostile. In the UK i remember reading headlines like kick Turkey out of NATO, enemy of the west etc. Many politicians from NATO members condemned Turkey for it. Most nations even pulled their material support from Turkey. I think only Spanish air defences remained even then, i think they are located within the american base to protect America not so much Turkey.

Then of course the media played on the whole racial angle of Turks being non european and muslim, while russians are white european christians. Implying why are defending savage brown skinned muslims against the white christian european. It was pretty sickening stuff, but here in england that sort of hostility towards Turkey is quite normal within the media.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Frankly was expecting more support from China for Russia .

Talks are a ruse , Similar statements by Biden as well. so Russian goal is occupation of eastern Ukraine ?

China has dreams of reclaiming land back from Russia. Russia and China are only on the same page so far as they both geopolitically compete with america/europe. Otherwise they would be at each others throats.

Russian goal was a quick war and regime change to turn Ukraine into another Belarus.

Everything has been a disaster so annexing part of eastern Ukraine is a way to end the disaster while also convincing the Russian people that they succeeded. But i don't think they will be able to occupy even eastern Ukraine in the mid term. That too will turn into a disaster.

This invasion created a strong Ukrainian national conscience, if Ukraine wasn't a nation state before the war it certainly is now.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Before this war western media especially the extreme left/right entities were relatively pro-putin and anti Ukraine. When Turkey was supplying drones to Ukraine the west was against it and condemned Turkey for it.

The only consistent nation that had an anti-russia approach was really the UK in the west.

When the Turks downed a russian jet the west sided with Russia in the media sphere.
I reckon you can trace the root of this attitude back to Erdy’s one minute to Peres in Davos.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I reckon you can trace the root of this attitude back to Erdy’s one minute to Peres in Davos.
I think it is lot more then that. I think if Erdogan is gone a lot of your military projects will be abandoned. More dependant you are and more dictates you obey is more then welcomed. These people have never ever been truly helpful to the people who are not completely their kind. After all this conflict tells you that, here it is that a good old British philosophy plays out ,Fight Your Enemy to The Last Allied Soldier

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
French companies declared that they would operate in Russia by not recognizing Western sanctions.
Major French companies such as Auchan, Decathlon, Renault, Danone, and Leroy Merlin announced that they would stay in Russia, announcing that they "put their employees first".
@Vergennes ???
Ofcourse they will carry on, they hoped that Britain and USA would stand by and let them make nice fascist Europe, so did Germany, Italy, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia and others. Those are the guys who " Muslims ' support these days. I guess just that they can bark against Britain and Usa

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom