Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This gives hope for small countries who have small armies but are going to focus on technology to take on big armies.

Taiwan is watching closely no doubt preparing while China is doing the same so they dont repeat what the Russians did.

But their task is going to be tough especially in the seas. Taiwan will no doubt not be a pushover they have the tech, economy along with a professional army to counter China.

Warfare can go in way due to wide range of factors.

For countries who are not big or dont have enormous armies can fight back. What this also shows how the era of big armies with lots of material and men are coming to a close. Not only are they expensive to maintain the era of total war is over.

Russian army today would work effectively if it was a cold war scenario where nato and the soviets clash. Hence the men and materiel to fight a total war situation.

But the Russians have a enormous armed forces that is nothing more than bloated.

Having big armies come at a cost while giving a false sense of superiority.

Last edited:

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Russian hawks are embittered by the Istanbul talks. Putin began to be scolded for betrayal, Kvachkov argues that negotiations should only be conducted on the exchange of prisoners and the opening of humanitarian corridors. The person who asks him is angry because the negotiations are being conducted on the territory of NATO, because the negotiations are being conducted by a Jew (!) Abramovich, who defends the interests of the Russian world, from which the sanctions have been lifted. Is that Khasavyurt 2? The Khasavyurt peace treaty was with the rebel Chechnya in 1996, they veiledly recognized the independence of Chechnya and their defeat in the war.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian hawks are embittered by the Istanbul talks. Putin began to be scolded for betrayal, Kvachkov argues that negotiations should only be conducted on the exchange of prisoners and the opening of humanitarian corridors. The person who asks him is angry because the negotiations are being conducted on the territory of NATO, because the negotiations are being conducted by a Jew (!) Abramovich, who defends the interests of the Russian world, from which the sanctions have been lifted. Is that Khasavyurt 2? The Khasavyurt peace treaty was with the rebel Chechnya in 1996, they veiledly recognized the independence of Chechnya and their defeat in the war.

While war was happening. Turkiye still maintained relations with Russia while the whole world sanctioned them.

Russians getting angry shows how ungrateful they are.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Next conflict will be in the Balkans.

Right now Turkiye needs to train and help both Bosnia and Albania.

Serbs despite Russian support are stiring shit up. Russians got blunted so I doubt they will openly support Serbia as they used to but this is the Balkans.

Hopefully Bosnia joins nato.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
While war was happening. Turkiye still maintained relations with Russia while the whole world sanctioned them.

Russians getting angry shows how ungrateful they are.

Russians only respect you when you treat them like shit.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,974
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
How is that even possible? If you're wearing basic protective gear, there shouldn't be any problems. The only kind of radiation danger in that forest is if you're breathing in the dust being kicked up by driving vehicles. And digging trenches is even worse because it means they've kicked up even more radioactive particles and their lungs are now full of that shit.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,133
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
@MisterLike

BREAKING: Demoralised Russian soldiers in Ukraine have accidentally shot down their own aircraft, sabotaged their own kit and refused to carry out orders, Sir Jeremy Fleming, director of the UK spy agency @GCHQ, will reveal in a speech in Australia on Thursday. 1/

The British spy chief is set to use a rare public speech to say it increasingly looks like Russia’s President Vladimir Putin “has massively misjudged the situation” in Ukraine. 2/

The @GCHQ director will also say Wagner, the Russian private military company, is understood to be prepared to “send large numbers of personnel into Ukraine to fight alongside Russians”.. They will likely be used as “cannon fodder” to try to limit Russian military losses
3/

Sir Jeremy is also set to say the risks are greater for China than Russia of the two authoritarian states being too closely aligned with each other.
And he will reveal indications that Russian cyber attackers are “looking for targets” in countries opposed to Russia's war in [Ukraine] 4/

The @GCHQ director will say Putin’s advisers are afraid to tell him the truth about what is unfolding in Ukraine, according to an advance copy of the speech, which is taking place at the Australian National University in Canberra.
5/

But “what’s going on & the extent of these misjudgements must be crystal clear to the regime”
Missteps = misjudging [Ukrainian] resistance; underestimating strength of western response; underplaying economic consequences; over-estimating abilities of [Russian] military to secure quick win.
6/

Revealing details about the state of the Russian military operation, Sir Jeremy is expected to say: “We’ve seen Russian soldiers – short of weapons and morale - refusing to carry out orders, sabotaging their own equipment and even accidentally shooting down their own aircraft"
7/

GCHQ did not offer any further details, such as how many aircraft and whether it includes fast jets and attack helicopters.
But the information is understood to be based on intelligence.
8/

In his closed-door speech, the spy chief will touch on the role of mercenaries and foreign fighters to augment the Russian side.
“Recently, we have seen that Wagner looks to be taking it up a gear,” he will say.
9/

More from the @GCHQ director on Wagner: “They are looking at relocating forces from other conflicts and recruiting new fighters to bolster numbers. These soldiers are likely to be used as cannon fodder to try to limit Russian military losses.”
10/

The situation is FUBAR. A lot of Russian troops have no real hatred towards Ukraine, and without a reason to fight, I can see why they're deserting.

The disastrous ground campaign aside, Russia appears to be making better use of precision guided missiles/munitions recently. Lately there's been new images/videos of destroyed Ukrainian air defence systems. Russia looks like they're turning up the heat. Can they turn the tide? With current troop morale, I think it's unlikely.

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But their task is going to be tough especially in the seas. Taiwan will no doubt not be a pushover they have the tech, economy along with a professional army to counter China.

I concur that geography will give Taiwan the advantage against China.

But Taiwan conscripts system are broken and their training are sub-par according to many people who have trained with them in the past.

I hope Ukraine war will give Taiwan citizens wake up call and start fixing the conscription problem.

Taiwan is a democracy where re-introducing old KMT style conscription system are not popular among the young voters.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The situation is FUBAR. A lot of Russian troops have no real hatred towards Ukraine, and without a reason to fight, I can see why they're deserting.

The disastrous ground campaign aside, Russia appears to be making better use of precision guided missiles/munitions recently. Lately there's been new images/videos of destroyed Ukrainian air defence systems. Russia looks like they're turning up the heat. Can they turn the tide? With current troop morale, I think it's unlikely.

Its like Turkiye and Azerbaijan going to war.

If Erdogan ordered an invasion per say or Aliyev said attack turkish troops.

I think the war would end up with mutinys and coups.

No way a Turkish soldier would pull a gun at his own bretheren.

Same story with Russians vs Ukrainians.

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 695
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
In the battles for the Ukrainian city of Mariupol, one of the Russian T-72B tanks withstood a hit in the upper part of the tower of the Swedish-British portable NLAW ATGM, in the attack footage, one of the nationalists of the Azov battalion shoots at a Russian T-72B tank.

The footage of the destroyed division of the S-300 air defense system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the settlement of Circuna, Kharkiv region, was published by the Russian Defense Ministry. The coordinates of the location of the S-300 air defense system of Ukraine were established with the help of electronic intelligence, after which the positions were struck by missile weapons. As a result of an accurate hit, the launchers of the S-300 air defense system and transport-loading vehicles with ammunition were destroyed.

Published footage of the calculations of the operational-tactical missile complex "Iskander-K" and the launch of the cruise missile R-500 in Ukraine. Iskander is a family of operational and tactical missile systems that has been in service with the Russian army for 15 years. Iskander is not a single missile system, but several modifications of various missiles. The basis of the Iskander-K complex is the 9K728 cruise missile, also known as the R-500, the launch of which is shown in the video. The missile has incredible accuracy, and is capable of hitting targets with an accuracy of up to two meters. Officially, the range of the R-500 missile is about 500 kilometers, but many sources believe that the actual range of the missile is 2000-2500

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia

I tried to translate from Ukrainian
"Hey, falcons" tells about a Ukrainian Cossack (in some versions, a lancer) who left for a foreign land and longing for a distant Homeland and a beloved girl who stayed there. The ending of this song is sad: the hero for some reason will not be able to see his Homeland anymore. Moreover, his beloved is dead, and, accordingly, he will never see her either. The hero of the song grieves very much about this and asks for wine first (probably to "wash down" two such strong sorrows), and then bury him after death next to his girlfriend.

Somewhere where the black waters,
A young Cossack is on horseback.
He said goodbye to the girl
And said goodbye to Ukraine

Chorus:

Hey, hey, hey, falcons
Fly around mountains, forests and valleys
Ringing, ringing, ringing, ringing
My steppe lark.

Hey, hey, hey, falcon!
Fly around fields, forests and mountains.
Ringing, ringing, ringing the bell,
My steppe, ring, ring!

There are a lot of girls in the world,
The most beautiful of all is in Ukraine.
Where I left my heart
That beloved girl.

(Chorus)

She, the poor one, stayed
Quail is my dear,
And now in a foreign country I am
Day and night longing for her.

(Chorus)

It's a pity, It's a pity,
It's a pity girl,
In the green Ukraine,
It 's a pity to tears and the heart groans
She is no longer alive.

(Chorus)

Give me honey, give me wine
As soon as I die , bury me
In blooming Ukraine
Next to the lovely girl (divchina).

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Watched so many footages and the Ukrainians and Russians are not using the Altyn helmets.

😢

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images - 2022-03-23T150318.445.jpeg

Altyn word is actually Turkic too. From Russian алты́н, from Tatar алтын ("gold"), or alternatively from алты ("six"), due to it being worth six half-dengas.

Top Bottom