Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
However, something doesn't add up. Since the Ukrainian army has suffered so few losses compared to Russia, why are the Russian Armed Forces in the offensive phase and gradually capturing lucrative villages? There are no counterattacks or offensive impulses from the Ukrainian side. Or do you think that Ukrainians cannot fight without NLAW and TB2 and are waiting for supplies?
Russian army vacated the entire fron from Kyiv, Chernihiv,Sumy and Kherson. In the south the offensive directed at Mykolaiv were defeated and Russians are now retreating back into Kherson.

To compensate this Russia is capturing some lucrative village in the East.

Yeah right

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Sooner or later Russia has to do something about the continuous NATO supplies otherwise the Russian military won't achieve its goals for Eastern Ukraine. I just hope that a direct confrontation between NATO and Russia can be avoided. I'm not a big friend of dying for Western European PKK supporters and I hardly believe that the West would stay neutral in a Greek-Turkish conflict in the Aegean Sea/Cyprus.

I don't want to fight for people who would sanction me like they did with Russia the moment I defend my rights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm strictly against a war in the Aegean or Mediterranean. Whatever issue we have on the table, we have to find a solution in a peaceful manner together with our neighbors. But, every Turk should remind himself from time to time that choosing a side is not in our best interest.

There has always been war and there always will be war. You lose the game the moment you forget this. Even if tomorrow the war in Ukraine ends, there will be new wars and new conflicts. Realistically the only time you should ever truly stay neutral is when you don't have the power to influence facts on the ground to your favour.

War is like fire, you ignore it or you think because its happening in the distance that you are safe from it. Few nations have the geography to ignore war, Turkey is the opposite, her geography means we will see constant war and conflict in all directions for a long time to come yet. You remain neutral for too long that war ends up in Turkey directly.

Russia being broken in Ukraine is good for Turkey. Had the Russians succeeded in taking Ukraine they would have started making demands in the blacksea and the straights of Istanbul, they would start harassing Turkey in the blacksea the same way they did in northern Syria before this war.

So supporting Ukraine is geopolitically in Turkeys interests. We should have done more and we should be doing more.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I say most if not all of the weapons delivery will be finished by next week or two. There are more Javelins and NLAW than there is Russian tanks in Ukraine.

Funny thing is Russian mission is intended to demilitarize Ukraine, while developments see Ukraine is now even more militarized by the influx of Western weaponry.

If it's not for the war, Ukraine's army will not have access to NLAW's, Starstreak HVM, M777 heavy artillery, Brimstone, Zuzana artillery etc.

Now there's even talk of arming Ukraine with ATACMS and shore based anti ship missile like Harpoon. Something that Ukraine lacks before the war.

Russia will not win this war, their resources are tiny compared to the what the west has.

If Russians intend to hold onto the eastern regions in the mid term they are in trouble, because peace will not be found and Ukraine with each passing week will end up arming more and more. Eventually the conflict would re-ignite but this time the Ukrainians will be heavily armed, considering that russians failed terribly against a poorly armed Ukraine this will be hell for them.

This doesnt take into account the sanctions and the effect its having on their military industrial complex.

So far this war on Ukraine has been a total disaster for Russia.

She united the west, she empowered NATO, every nation that borders her now will look to either join NATO or heavily arm up or maybe both. Russia's reputation as a military super power has been reduced to that of incompetent joke army. This will cause all the nations in Asia to perceive the Russian threat differently and work to loosen Russias grip.

Sanctions are likely to remain and nations will gradually look to alternatives to Russian gas and oil.

Best thing Russians can do is look for a way out that can be sold to her ignorant population as a success.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Turkish Armor in Ukraine

Translation:
Soldier used said
I thought for a long time whether to show it.
He says that 100% of the plate has coped with its task.

The more items i see that Turkey has supplied to Ukraine the better it makes me feel, because it shows me that someone over there in Turkey understands the importance of supporting Ukraine against the Russian enemy. I spent too many years watching the AK party fools appeasing Russia only to keep getting screwed by them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,185
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Big country and strong military yes, but we're talking premium weapons like the Hisar. Not even the US donate their patriot or whatever.

I could hardly understand why Turkey needs to invest so much gor free in Ukraine when the most immediate threat (If Ukraine falls) is Europe.

After years of rejecting Turkey into EU and sometimes clashing with their security interest (like in Libya). Why should Turkey cares more about European security than Europe itself.

Germany the largest and most prosperous of all Europans should instead take the lead so do France.

Its racial and religious reasons why they oppose Turks

We are nothing more than Muslim Asian Barbarians to them.

In other words if you are not White, European, Western or Christian you are nothing more than a inferior subhuman to them.

Thats why Turks should work on the Turkic World and the Islamic world.

Us Turks being the Warriors of Islam helps our soft power image already.

Everybody looks up to us. Look at the average Somali he wants his country to be like Turkiye.

Turkic countries all want to be like Turkiye.

All the Muslims minus the (Arabs, Iranians and Kurds) and Turkic peoples look at Turkiye.

Thats a great thing to be honest.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,760
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Shit is gonna become even more difficult for Ukraine and it still didnt retake Kherson; thus, effectively ensuring that Russia jas nearly complete control of the South and East.
The Russian units leaving Mariupol will probably start invading other cities or probably be used as pincer forces against Ukraine in the East
Bloody hell

Again, for those who dont know, this is the importance of Kherson

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom