Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Military experts say that Russia has run out of T-72 tanks, so T-62 tanks, which were produced in the 1960s, are being brought to Ukraine.

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Now Russia is crushing with artillery, of which it has concentrated a lot in a small area, their shells are endless, because they are cheap to manufacture, unlike Iskander. They are uncontrollable, so the Russian troops create a fiery shaft in front of them, completely burning out all life. The ratio of artillery is 1 to 50 in favor of the Russians and not in favor of the Ukrainians.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,489
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The developer of Elbrus processors agrees with Mikron to transfer their production to Zelenograd. The factory in Taiwan became unavailable due to sanctions, but the level of technology development in Russia is much lower

Not to be a smartass but China exists to

There's a bit of a problem here...

We're in the midst of a global chip shortage right now and China's own supply chain can't keep up with demands, let alone Russian demands for the war in Ukraine. China's foundries like SMIC are not that big compared to other players.
top-10-semiconductor-companies-1.jpg

Another point you seem to miss is that China (despite all of its oath of limitless Sino-Russian cooperation) has not deliver anything meaningful to the Russian war effort. We know that already from early in the war when Russian requests for missile and rations are not delivered. If you missed anything, China is in the midst of an intense geo-political rivalry with the US...and to win, China will need a cooperative Europe. This is a must !

IF, lets say in the near future, a Chinese microchip were to be found in any Russian weapons captured by Ukraine. Imagine the uproar in the EU ?? China wont risk to damage its global reputation to save a sinking ship.

Which in turn, will upset this👇👇👇

Secondly, this is an order of magnitude higher accuracy, reflected in the coefficient of circular probable deviation (CEP), which for promising Tula shells will be about 1 m, while the CEP of URS 9M544 / 549 is only 7-15 m, which is due to the accuracy limitations of the GLONASS radio navigation system and 9B706.1 inertial navigation units."

9М542: https://missilery.info/missile/smerch/5616 120km

9M544:https://www.armyrecognition.com/def...russian_tornado-s_mlrs_fires_new_missile.html 200kms

Iskander-M: https://expert.ru/2014/01/27/neulovimyij-raketnyij-mstitel/ That is, "Iskander" can destroy any object within a radius of 500 km with an accuracy of 2 meters and a probability close to 100%. Theoretically, launching a missile from Kaliningrad, you can "get" to the government quarter in Berlin, and the striking force of the blow can be easily increased by "hanging" a nuclear warhead on the missile.

Iskander-K: has a launcher that can carry 4 ....

I have not gotten to land based Zircons or probably the 300km 300mm MRLS systems. gave the original picture assuming if you are interested in doing close zoom in screenshots for better translations of their MRLS network

all of these you listed are all disposable one use weapons. How many Iskander and Zircon could Russia produce before they run out of microchips ? My guess is not that many. In the end Russia WILL be forced to go back to the old way of manual labor and saturation attacks. Somewhat a reminder of Russia in this war where they started with T-80BVM and ended up using T-62 after 3 months.😊

ohhh so thats why you want to go talk about the smerch and uragan instead?

the reload time is 8 minutes for tornado http://www.military-today.com/artillery/9a52_4.htm

Oh no lol, 8 minutes is not something to proud of, simply put a Tornado has only half the amount of munitions carried (6) compared to a BM-30 SMERCH (12), so it explains why the reload times are cut by half. In the end the Russian crew will have to reload one by one.

9A52-4_Smerch_combat_vehicle_at_Engineering_Technologies_2012_01.jpg

The worst thing of all (and also consistent) with all your boasting is that none of it or very little of it are actually used by Russia itself.

This artillery rocket system is aimed both at the Russian Army and export customers. However by 2018 it received no production orders. (from the source you give me)

This is true for not only the Tornado, "Agriculture", T-14 Armata but also projects like the Su-57 and the Okhotnik. Let's be real here, how many Su-57 has been produced, 5 ??? and lets even be more realistic, how many years will it take for the Okhotnik to even enter service. I mean whenever I saw your Okhotnik post I immediately think about the far more advanced B-21which actually WILL have a greater chance to enter service.

So yeah, Russia does have the ability to design advanced military hardware but simply doesn't have much access to critical parts. This reminds me when the Soviet Union while being able to design advanced model aircraft but couldn't produce the necessary knowledge to process the fuel needed to refuel those planes.

Without those CHIPS, nothing works, easy as that.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,489
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the New York Times reported that the White House allegedly decided to supply Ukraine with M31 GMLRS (Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System) installations, whose range of fire, depending on the ammunition, can reach 500 km. In addition, such installations can be equipped with guided missiles, the fire of which is corrected from satellites.

https://tass.ru/politika/14771149

I guess this is good info for @AlphaMike and me

The most likely missile that will not be sent is the MGM-140 ATACMS (~300km). While the M31 will be definitely sent.

and yes, the M31 GMLRS is a long range missile, officially it is stated that it has a maximum range of 70km. While people who knows, actually state that its actually lot more than that. We will soon find out. There's nothing new here.

For example, the AIM-120D is "officially" capped at 160km (source), until a test not long time ago...

the range is still classified, but for comparison the longest confirmed A2A kill before this test is at 212km. So it is safe to assume that the AIM-120D real maximum engagement zone is up to 212+ km.

Imo, if the war prolongs and the US govt assess the necessity is there, there's always the option to use the GMLRS ER with around 150km range, I would not discount this possibility after seeing the weapons shipments getting heavier by the day.

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 686
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
The failed attack of the Ukrainian special forces on the Russian armored car KamAZ "Typhoon-VDV" was caught on video. The ambush was arranged in the Kherson region, the armored car withstood the blow and continued to follow, the Ukrainian special forces did not show the frames of the destroyed car.

Footage of the combat work of Russian Su-25 attack aircraft in Ukraine. The pilots attacked strongholds of the Ukrainian army. The Russian SU-25 aircraft entered the army in 1981, despite its age, the aircraft has phenomenal reliability and incredible survivability.

One of the pilots in Ukraine showed the skill of flying the Ka-52 Alligator helicopter, the car flew over the river at an ultra-low altitude. Russian helicopter almost touched the water, flying over it a few centimeters

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 686
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Foreign and Ukrainian journalists came under direct shelling in Ukraine, several journalists, including the Ukrainian military, were injured.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 728
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
We're in the midst of a global chip shortage right now and China's own supply chain can't keep up with demands, let alone Russian demands for the war in Ukraine. China's foundries like SMIC are not that big compared to other players.
top-10-semiconductor-companies-1.jpg

Another point you seem to miss is that China (despite all of its oath of limitless Sino-Russian cooperation) has not deliver anything meaningful to the Russian war effort. We know that already from early in the war when Russian requests for missile and rations are not delivered. If you missed anything, China is in the midst of an intense geo-political rivalry with the US...and to win, China will need a cooperative Europe. This is a must !

IF, lets say in the near future, a Chinese microchip were to be found in any Russian weapons captured by Ukraine. Imagine the uproar in the EU ?? China wont risk to damage its global reputation to save a sinking ship.

Which in turn, will upset this👇👇👇

all of these you listed are all disposable one use weapons. How many Iskander and Zircon could Russia produce before they run out of microchips ? My guess is not that many. In the end Russia WILL be forced to go back to the old way of manual labor and saturation attacks. Somewhat a reminder of Russia in this war where they started with T-80BVM and ended up using T-62 after 3 months.😊

Now Trushkin explains that the sanctions have closed access to foreign factories for the MCST, so the company is considering switching to Russian facilities: "We see that domestic factories can create decent processors with sovereign Russian technologies for critical information infrastructure (this includes communication networks and information systems of government agencies, energy, financial, telecommunications and a number of others companies. — RBC), information security, and other markets. To achieve sufficient practical performance, we see a large reserve in processing the source code and optimizing the software for the Elbrus architecture. Whether the company will continue to produce processors using 45 nm or more advanced technologies, the representative of the MCST did not specify.

In Russia, the development of domestic lithographic scanners has begun — their production will begin in 2025-2026
10.02.2022 [16:28], Gennady Detinich

Serial production of 350 nm photolithographs is expected to start in 2025. A ready-made semiconductor laser of domestic production will be used for installation. It is possible that in the future lasers of Zelenograd companies may also be used for this purpose. According to the contract, the scanner design and its prototype should be ready by the end of 2024, including all documentation for the launch of mass production of the installation.

The project of a 130-nm scanner with the ability to process up to hundreds of 200-mm plates per hour will be put into mass production at the end of 2026. In the future, the plant will be upgraded to produce chips with lower technological standards up to 65 nm. Reducing the size of the topology, among other things, will be achieved by double exposure. The main plate size for this scanner will be 200 mm substrate with optional use of 150 mm substrates.

According to the developers, the vast majority of orders for the production of chips in the world lies in the range from 250 to 65 nm, so there is no point in chasing tens and units of nanometers. The main thing for Russia in this project is to avoid possible sanctions on the supply of industrial semiconductor equipment. Own production of scanners can protect the country's electronics industry.

Currently a minimum of 30,000 wafers is produced per month. Loosely speaking we have at least 50 chips per 200 mm wafer. So that is 50 x 30000 x 12 = 18 million chips per year.

I think this number is absurdly high for Russia. The current 3,000 wafers per month translates into 1.8 million chips so
doubling this number is reasonable. The 50 chips number is a lower bound. Several hundred small ICs can be produced
from a single wafer. So 3,000 wafers per month is filling Russian demand. And in a few years according to the source above another production facility will open so not stopping Russia as we speak from still gaining Ukrainian territory.

cooperate with Europe against U.S. Europe can join BRICS if they want and try to replace SWIFT as well if they want to be on the China team. I heard to oil countries are planning on joining.

hard to run out of many chips if the amount of wafers already meet russias demand and it seems production will start in 2025 right? Are the Russians still asking the French for infrared systems or have they started producing their own?

Oh no lol, 8 minutes is not something to proud of, simply put a Tornado has only half the amount of munitions carried (6) compared to a BM-30 SMERCH (12), so it explains why the reload times are cut by half. In the end the Russian crew will have to reload one by one.

ohhh so the reason your talking about the smerch and uragan instead of the tornado is because you have absolutely no idea about the tornado MRLS :). this looks like 12 instead of 6 to me?

1654015916605.png

The worst thing of all (and also consistent) with all your boasting is that none of it or very little of it are actually used by Russia itself.

This artillery rocket system is aimed both at the Russian Army and export customers. However by 2018 it received no production orders. (from the source you give me)

This is true for not only the Tornado, "Agriculture", T-14 Armata but also projects like the Su-57 and the Okhotnik. Let's be real here, how many Su-57 has been produced, 5 ??? and lets even be more realistic, how many years will it take for the Okhotnik to even enter service. I mean whenever I saw your Okhotnik post I immediately think about the far more advanced B-21which actually WILL have a greater chance to enter service.

So yeah, Russia does have the ability to design advanced military hardware but simply doesn't have much access to critical parts. This reminds me when the Soviet Union while being able to design advanced model aircraft but couldn't produce the necessary knowledge to process the fuel needed to refuel those planes.
come on a simple wikipedia search on the tornado will tell you that atleast 200 have been made. So again how are the systems you advertisted going to save Ukraine when they keep getting whacked by longer range artillery and Mr. Biden sounds like he does not want ATACMs related kind of weapons for Ukraine? The Su-57 production started they moved the Su-70 production closer to 2023, previously it was 2025 and 2024.

Without those CHIPS, nothing works, easy as that.

OK lets say for shits and giggles when they invaded ukraine that it never crossed their mind that their country would be sanctioned or they would pull some shit like lets stop chip production supply to Russia, and that Russia absolutely has no production facility even though I already posted a source of the amount of wafers getting produced. The next thing to figure it out is 1. how many western circuits have they received before being cut off 2. how much years will those meet their demands until they run out. Because they already have a new production facility for being built to start production in a few years. Its like that one time that the U.S. thought it would take them a decade to create nuclear weapons after WW2 but took a few years instead.

The most likely missile that will not be sent is the MGM-140 ATACMS (~300km). While the M31 will be definitely sent.

and yes, the M31 GMLRS is a long range missile, officially it is stated that it has a maximum range of 70km. While people who knows, actually state that its actually lot more than that. We will soon find out. There's nothing new here.

For example, the AIM-120D is "officially" capped at 160km (source), until a test not long time ago...

the range is still classified, but for comparison the longest confirmed A2A kill before this test is at 212km. So it is safe to assume that the AIM-120D real maximum engagement zone is up to 212+ km.

Imo, if the war prolongs and the US govt assess the necessity is there, there's always the option to use the GMLRS ER with around 150km range, I would not discount this possibility after seeing the weapons shipments getting heavier by the day.
the same rules apply to Russia where it officially states the tornado is 120kms but it could be fired at 130kms etc etc but they still have yet to prove they can create sophisticated missiles like zircon or klevok-d2. Since I dont want to make a 2nd post i will also just post some news here.

NEW YORK, May 31. /TASS/. The Biden administration is looking at providing Ukraine with precision-guided rocket systems capable of striking targets from a 60-km distance, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

The rocket systems are M31 GMLRS (Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System) weapons capable of hitting targets at a range of 500 km depending on munitions, the paper said, citing its sources.

However, the GMLRS that the United States intends to hand over to Ukraine will be outfitted with rockets having a striking range of 40 miles (roughly 64 km). The GMLRS equipped with these rockets have a strike range twice as long as the range of M777 howitzers that the US had supplied to Ukraine, the paper said.

Washington thus intends to bolster the Ukrainian military’s combat efficiency while denying Kiev the possibility to extend combat operations to Russian territory, the paper’s sources said.

The paper said it was unaware of the number of rocket systems that the Biden administration would send to Kiev, noting that a decision would be announced already this week.

US President Joe Biden told reporters on Monday that Washington "is not going to send Ukraine rocket systems that can strike into Russia."

Deputy Chairman of Russia’s Security Council Dmitry Medvedev called the US administration’s decision reasonable. The leadership in Washington did not specify the type of rocket systems. The White House and the Pentagon have not yet responded to a TASS question about the type of rockets and their range that the US was planning to send to Ukraine.

Prior to that, The New York Times reported that the White House had allegedly made a decision to arm Ukraine with M31 GMLRS weapons with a strike range of over 65 km that considerably exceeded the firepower of artillery systems in service with the Ukrainian army.

The Washington Post earlier reported, citing its sources, that some US administration officials were concerned that the delivery of maximal long-range rockets to Ukraine could dramatically escalate the conflict since the Ukrainian military would obtain the possibility of launching rockets into Russian territory.

PARIS, May 31. /TASS/. The European Union’s new sanctions will hit Europeans harder than they will hit Russia, which will continue selling its energy resources in other markets, a French politician said in an interview with France Inter radio.

"I can say, that many French families and companies will be hard hit by the energy sanctions, which have so far had no major effect on Russia," said National Rally party leader Jordan Bardella. "Let me remind you that the sanctions have been a failure. Russia is continuing to receive windfall revenues from its energy exports, and the ruble has strengthened considerably."

Bardella, who temporarily replaced Marine Le Pen as party leader ahead of the presidential elections in France, said the EU embargo would not prevent Moscow from selling oil to India or Egypt, though at a discounted price. More attractive tariffs Russia would have to offer its new clients can endanger France’s competitiveness, he added.

The EU leaders reached an agreement on Monday on the sixth package of sanctions against Russia, which includes a partial embargo on oil supplies and cutting Sberbank off from SWIFT.

Croatian President Zoran Milanovic thinks that the EU’s new sanctions against Russia will only make Russian President Vladimir Putin smile.

"You can introduce a gas embargo against Russia [as well]. Why don’t you?" the Croatian leader noted in a conversation with journalists on Tuesday. "Unfortunately, the sanctions don’t work, possibly, at some point they will. And the ruble didn’t drop, Russia does not feel any of this from the financial point of view, and when it does, the war will be over. The price will be paid by European citizens while Vladimir Putin will smile with satisfaction," he explained.

That said, Milanovic asserted that there will be other customers for Russian oil and gas, above all, due to high demand for energy products.

The Croatian president assessed the possibility of his country becoming an energy hub for Central Europe in the near future. "I would like for Croatia to become a key player. However, Croatia is not a key player and not a player at all," he stressed. "The fact that oil will go through our pipeline, what does this mean? Currently, we are also receiving gas through Serbia, all of this is interrelated. And Serbia [receives] oil through us. All of these are limited capacities that this oil pipeline (Adria pipeline, JANAF - TASS) can cope with, just as our gas pipeline from an LNG terminal [on Krk Island]," he explained.

According to the Croatian head of state, in his opinion, Hungary is the key player in this sphere as well as partially Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

On May 28, Russian Defense Ministry announced that Project 22350 frigate Admiral Gorshkov fired a Tsirkon missile from the Barents Sea at a naval target at the White Sea some 1,000 km away. According to the Ministry, the missile successfully hit the target, and the flight went as planned.

BERLIN, May 31. /TASS/. Germany’s general Roland Kater, retired, believes that Ukraine will lose control of the whole of Donbass "within days or weeks."

"I have an impression that Russia has changed its strategy over the past few days and weeks. It has formed a clear center of attraction in Donbass and massed its forces there," Kater told Die Welt. He stressed that the Russian armed forces were currently significantly superior to Ukraine’s army, which left Kiev with virtually no chance of success. According to General Kater’s estimates, establishing control of Donbass is "a matter of days, at best weeks."

Kater speculated that after that the goal of the Russian military would be to strengthen the overland corridor with the Crimea.

"I think that here we are witnesses to a very clear tactic: first take Donbass under control, and then get ready for further operations. I presume that everything will be done to firmly establish overland links with Crimea, with Mariupol and other port cities," General Kater said.

ANKARA, May 31. /TASS/. Turkey has cancelled or postponed some planned NATO drills in the Black Sea due to the requirements of the Montreux Convention amid tensions between Russia and Ukraine, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said in an interview with the Anadolu Agency on Tuesday.

"If we had joined the sanctions, we would not have been able to fulfill the mediation role that we have now. We applied the Montreux Convention to warships, but the airspace, that corridor, we have to keep it open. Outside of the convention, there have been requests from Russia, the United States for ships to pass. We have, in accordance with the convention, cancelled or postponed planned NATO drills. We play an important role, and we fulfill our obligations," he said.

Cavusoglu recalled that Ankara "said from the very beginning that it would only join the UN sanctions" if they were officially imposed on Russia. "Everyone can now impose sanctions on anyone they want. That's their business. We have chosen the role of mediator, we are trying to make things easier. And this position is welcomed in the EU, in the world," he said. However, the minister notes that Turkey's policy of not joining the sanctions against Russia does not mean there's a possibility of circumventing them through Ankara.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 728
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia

5:51 Turk bros.... if she finds chechens hot than even we have a chance with Ukraine women

Kathirz

Contributor
Spain Moderator
Reactions
2 1,135
Nation of residence
Spain
Nation of origin
Spain
These are not the ones meant for Ukraine, sorry to disappoint.
Hope US send them soon but I've searched the image in google images and the pic seems to come from this news:

Polish tanks look like are reaching the front at the Dombas:

Top Bottom