SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Question is, why does TB2 target ruski air defences when it can operate with impunity? Why not just go after the tanks and other equipment. The answer is most likely that the Ukrainian Air Force is still very much active and capable!

Targeting AD systems and weakening logistics is priority + they would have to acquire more TB2s.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
TB-2 are the more survivable assets, but what about Su-25s, MiG's etc ??? Ukraine would need to knock down those SAM so that its fighter could provide low level bombings using frogfoots and low level DCA using MiG's.

Ukraine navy also operate TB-2
That’s my point. They still have plenty aircrafts left. That’s why TB2 is focusing on SAMs

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the WMD is a lie I never whitewash that. But anyone would somehow type the word "Syria" on top of every NATO bombing in the ME.

I know better.
let's just say that it's one of their way to say that most NATO's members or more accurately westerns countries are the one with a real kickass sh*ts have been donned without a real consequences when or after they doing it

and now it's simply just Russian turn to do something identical
the only difference is, their reason is to prevent the west from getting closer (via Ukraine) to them

L

legionairre

I don’t understand what you are hinting towards
Putin might have planned that the sound of Russia’s sheer force would bring Ukraine down on her knees, once and for all. But he made a fatal error by underestimating US’ far superior intelligence gathering capabilities. Uncle Sam has his eyes and ears on Russian troop movements, and any coordinates shared with the Ukrainian military ends up as a huge blow on the bear.
It may be a little too soon to say this, but it already started to look like a war of proxies that will last a while, and not in Russia’s favor!
EDIT: Let us not forget the influence of US’ media…

Last edited by a moderator:

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That’s my point. They still have plenty aircrafts left. That’s why TB2 is focusing on SAMs
Yup could be, although I'm thinking Its better to use whatever airframe they have left for more ground attack mission. Have you seen the satellite picture where invading Russians traffic are 20+miles long ? that would be a juicy target to hit with whatever aerial and artillery barrage Ukraine could offer.

Trying to challenge the VKS high in the sky is suicide.

Khan Kubrat

Reactions
Nation of residence
Hong Kong
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Russia is clearly not using its best fighting forces or armor so far. They are saving their best forces from destruction. Young, inexperienced soldiers and old military gear is sadly wasted at the front lines. Its a gamble because time is very important in this, but maybe Putin understands that once Russians have to retreat, they would not have lost their best men or best gear.

I still would have done things differently. Definitely avoid Kiev and anything west of Dnipro river. Use Dnipro river as natural border and negotiate to split country in half with referendum.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Russia is clearly not using its best fighting forces or armor so far. They are saving their best forces from destruction. Young, inexperienced soldiers and old military gear is sadly wasted at the front lines. Its a gamble because time is very important in this, but maybe Putin understands that once Russians have to retreat, they would not have lost their best men or best gear.

One comment. Bullshit.

Khan Kubrat

Reactions
Nation of residence
Hong Kong
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Putin might have planned that the sound of Russia’s sheer force would bring Ukraine down on her knees, once and for all. But he made a fatal error by underestimating US’ far superior intelligence gathering capabilities. Uncle Sam has his eyes and ears on Russian troop movements, and any coordinates shared with the Ukrainian military ends up as a huge blow on the bear.
It may be a little too soon to say this, but it already started to look like a war of proxies that will last a while, and not in Russia’s favor!
EDIT: Let us not forget the influence of US’ media…
The war of proxy is what I think also. Ukraine will be like Libya. NATO and West don't care about Ukrainians, they are nothing but pawns to them. Ukrainians like Kurds are misguided. However, there is another argument. Elements in EU want Ukraine or whatever is left of "independent Ukraine" so not in their interest for war to go on forever, but to instead rebuild and invest.

This whole thing was a trap and manufactured crisis to benefit NATO. I am surprised Putin fell for it, because it clearly helps Russia much less now than before it began. I just hope for everybody involved that the war does not turn out like Libya and Ukraine is partitioned according to common sense

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Stinger missile was used in Idlib few year prior, by Turkish forces or supplied to small amount to proxies. Based on footage, Stinger had poor performance engaging low flying fighter aircraft. Now this could be operator error. I don't know the variant of Stinger is used but Stinger did not get an updated variant against new countermeasure systems. Russian aircraft avoided Stinger with maneuvers and flares in the footage. Previously, also against limited 2-3nd generation MANPADS use by Syrian rebels. Meanwhile, proving to be effective against helicopters and ground attack aircraft like Su-25.

Tactics can be changed to avoid MANPADs threat. Currently Russians, cannot fly high altitude due to risk from Ukrainian AD systems. Terrain of Ukraine is flat. Leaving it vulnerable due early detection, missiles. As there is no natural covers like mountains. Not to forget that US, NATO provides actively intelligence to Ukraine. Flying low, fast becomes the only option. As Russian SEAD/DEAD have been ineffective and technological limitations of Russian systems, capability of personnel etc. No targeting pods, precision guided missiles to engage from safe distances.

Coming back to MANPADs, next generation missiles like Sungur with updated capabilities, going to have very high pK rate. Very difficult to avoid at its given range unless there is hard kill system. Going to be popular choice for NATO countries for fast capability boost along with MANPAD launching platforms with fancy EO/IIR sensors.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom