Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

OverTheHorizon

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Are there pro-Russian people in Ukraine? Probably, although I'd be skeptical if their numbers now are higher than 0.1% or thereabouts. Is Russian propaganda correct that all Russian-speaking peoples want to be under Russia and they are all ethnic Russian minorities? No. That was my point.

The rest of what you wrote is completely irrelevant. I've already pointed out before, if you could understand Russian and watched Russian media, both state and unofficial, regarding this conflict then you would notice that they barely, if ever, bring up NATO. Because they don't actually give two fucks about NATO, it's just a useful tool to entice disillusioned foreigners with. For their domestic media, it's all about reclaiming rightful Russian clay and defending their Donbas brethren against Ukrainian "fascists" and for more honest Russian analysts, it's pretty much all about seizing hold of Ukraine's energy reserves. Crimea was literally annexed using Ukraine wanting to join the EU as justification. Warm water ports were also a nonsense excuse as Russia has several other naval bases on the Black Sea without it.
So how do you explain NATO’s expansion despite assurances to the contrary by the original NATO members, based on which the Russians back then under Gorbachev eliminated the Warsaw Pact (USSRs own version of NATO)? Since this is a fact, can’t Putin and Russians not cite these broken western promises to see this as a genuine security threat? Why is there pretty much zero resistance in Crimea if the Russians cited EU as the reason to occupy it? Clearly Russians want to establish a buffer state between Ukraine and Russia - and these are Crimea and Donbas independent republics. This is the real objective behind this war. Putin is creating pro Russian buffer states and is not going to give up until these annexed territories are declared independent by the UN. These new countries then would make it very difficult for NATO to spread further east.
To me a good solution is:
- Ukraine agrees to Donbas and Crimea regions becoming independent countries. Ukraine to also hand over all critical Soviet technology and R&D to Russia.
- Russia agrees to let the rest of Ukraine decide it’s own fate - join EU, NATO whatever.
This should stop the war.

If Ukraine had proven through a decisive referendum that at least 67% of its citizens all over the country wanted to be part of EU/NATO, Putin couldn’t have done Jack. Ukrainians and NATO tried to play a sly card and the bluff got called out. Several American politicians and officials warned that NATO expansion to Ukraine and Georgia was not correct but the US governments refused to heed their advice. Now we are in this bad state.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,645
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

FNUO6RJXoAUkkuU

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
So how do you explain NATO’s expansion despite assurances to the contrary by the original NATO members, based on which the Russians back then under Gorbachev eliminated the Warsaw Pact (USSRs own version of NATO)? Since this is a fact, can’t Putin and Russians not cite these broken western promises to see this as a genuine security threat? Why is there pretty much zero resistance in Crimea if the Russians cited EU as the reason to occupy it? Clearly Russians want to establish a buffer state between Ukraine and Russia - and these are Crimea and Donbas independent republics. This is the real objective behind this war. Putin is creating pro Russian buffer states and is not going to give up until these annexed territories are declared independent by the UN. These new countries then would make it very difficult for NATO to spread further east.
To me a good solution is:
- Ukraine agrees to Donbas and Crimea regions becoming independent countries. Ukraine to also hand over all critical Soviet technology and R&D to Russia.
- Russia agrees to let the rest of Ukraine decide it’s own fate - join EU, NATO whatever.
This should stop the war.

If Ukraine had proven through a decisive referendum that at least 67% of its citizens all over the country wanted to be part of EU/NATO, Putin couldn’t have done Jack. Ukrainians and NATO tried to play a sly card and the bluff got called out. Several American politicians and officials warned that NATO expansion to Ukraine and Georgia was not correct but the US governments refused to heed their advice. Now we are in this bad state.
Because those assurances to the contrary were never actually made? USSR didn't eliminate the Warsaw Pact, it fell apart because none of the countries participating wanted to be in it and overthrew all of their communist governments as soon as possible and left. You might be able to fool some people here, you're not going to fool somebody whose family hails from an ex-Soviet nation and saw first hand all the BS we had to put up with because of it.

Crimea was not taken with zero resistance, Russians literally deported or arrested anyone who didn't want them there and the so-called "referendum" was conducted at gunpoint with only ethnic Russians asked. And even then they didn't get 100%. What does that tell you?

Ukraine doesn't owe Russia a damn thing. Donbas is their territory, the separatist nonsense was stirred up by Russia itself using patsies that were later conveniently eliminated once their usefulness expired. Russia's doesn't need or deserve a buffer zone, NATO can already invade them through the Baltics and it's actually a shorter path from there to Moscow than it is from the Ukrainian border to Moscow.

And you are wildly naive if you think Russia would have honored any kind of referendum after seeing them lie again and again.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont want Turks fighting as volunteers they should be helping their Crimean Turk and Tatar brothers and sisters.

Let the slavs fight. Its not our fight.

Also time to reach to the Turkic peoples of Russia and tell them to leave and not fight. Its not our fight.

Turkish propaganda machine should be reaching out to these people with non stop Turkic propaganda while also sending out they are fighting a war they cant win.

So much shit we cant even do that. Fcking hell our propaganda sucks. Where is our troll farms and bots.

M

Manomed

I dont want Turks fighting as volunteers they should be helping their Crimean Turk and Tatar brothers and sisters.

Let the slavs fight. Its not our fight.

Also time to reach to the Turkic peoples of Russia and tell them to leave and not fight. Its not our fight.

Turkish propaganda machine should be reaching out to these people with non stop Turkic propaganda while also sending out they are fighting a war they cant win.

So much shit we cant even do that. Fcking hell our propaganda sucks. Where is our troll farms and bots.
Our bots are posting İslamic and akp stuff on Twitter

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian posters are telling me that the Sukhoi S70 will be a game changer?

Okay the S70 is one formidable jet powered drone the thing is it wont be operational until 2024.

Russia is late to drones and electronic warfare hence why they are struggling.

The s70 will be too little too late.

M

Manomed

Okay the S70 is one formidable jet powered drone the thing is it wont be operational until 2024.

Its just russian cope

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
No trophy system for their tanks.

No counter measures when it comes to javelins and nlaws.

Also the Tb2 bayraktar as the Turks enchance their EW capabilities and drones this should have been a question mark to the Russians.

Also whats with the stupid cage crap on top of their tanks. Ever since the Soviet Union collapsed only thing I see Russia right now is utter disgrace and chaos. Lets not forget how their operational carrier is barely operational.

Leta not forget so many debacles from Chechnya, Georgia, Syria and now Ukraine.

Lets not forget the Kursk tragedy where Russia allowed its own submariners to die.

If this same shit was happening in Turkiye there would be riots, protests and military coups.

If you cant learn or pay attention to your enemies and neighbours then you will be left behind.

All that pride and arrogance wont save you.

Once again we are proving that if you want to be a superpower you need to act like one. This is also for China too. Because China could also end up like the Russians. If they wont pay attention to failures.

No doubt Taiwan is paying attention.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon

Russian E/O systems is too bad and aint comparable even to aselsan's .. also i think their software will take long time to mature .. especially with semiconductors tech russians are too behind

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian E/O systems is too bad and aint comparable even to aselsan's .. also i think their software will take long time to mature .. especially with semiconductors tech russians are too behind

Im really proud of the work aselsan has done.

From underdogs to becoming a rising star of the global defence industry.

Barzani

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Iraq
Nation of origin
Iraq
That's the sunwheel and it has been used by Ukrainian nationalists and left-wingers alike. Even hippies use it.

FFS people, do some goddamn research.

Can you provide an example of leftists using it? I am not outright saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen it used as anything other than a right wing symbol in Ukraine. In this context, it would be like me saying the swastika is a hindu symbol used by nationalists and left-wingers alike. Context v important

This is the patch, it is a nazi symbol

This is the sun wheel, both a pagan symbol and one appropriated by nationalists

Last edited:

tomthebotfly

Reactions
1 218
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Italy

It's gonna end up like the Su-57, in "production" since 2009 but only 4 ever completed :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom