Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
10 2,210
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
One thing i have give soviet propaganda, they had the world believing much of the hype. Even though everyone knows Russia lies non-stop, they still managed to make people believe they had this powerful military. Not only is that false but their military is an absolute joke outside of nuclear deterrent. If i hadn't seen what's been transpiring in Ukraine i wouldn't have believed it.
It's a poverty country in so many ways. How, outside of sheer incompetence, does Russia, a country with vast resources and 146 million people, have a lesser GDP than friggen Canada (36 million people)?

The ruble is, essentially, Monopoly money. What a disaster.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian imperialism has been just as brutal and just as savage as anything the west has to offer. Even in Libya they sent their Wagner terrorists to support a warlord. Russians could care less about Turkish concerns or anyone else's. In Syria they moved to keep a dictator in power thats led to 20 million people fleeing that nation. Not to mention they are famous for creating backward vassal states like armenia and Belarus.

The problem with the Russians is they still think themselves a super power, when in reality the entire country has been rotting from inside. This Ukrainian fiasco should be a wake up call to the Russian oligarchs, dictators that their dreams will only lead to ruin.

Russians and their colonisation of Central Asia, Siberia and Alaska is an untold story in world history.

Russians were as brutal if not more to the Natives than the West.

Soviets threw native shamans off helicopters or planes to send a message.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
10 2,210
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
I'll be curious to see if Ukraine has enough resources to the Northeast of Kyiv to break the siege. Don't want to see Mariupol 2.0.

Despite the pro-Ukrainian propaganda, they're still deeply outgunned in numerous areas and the Russians are very much in control in the Chernihiv, Mariupol and Donbas regions, including the strategic logistics point at Izyum.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too bad the idea of expanding into Central Asia died off thanks to Sultan Suleiman's son Selim II.

He basically handed over a long term victory to Russia by letting Kazan go to Russia instead of fighting for it. Ottomans and the Kazan Khanate were allies.

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
One thing i have give soviet propaganda, they had the world believing much of the hype. Even though everyone knows Russia lies non-stop, they still managed to make people believe they had this powerful military. Not only is that false but their military is an absolute joke outside of nuclear deterrent. If i hadn't seen what's been transpiring in Ukraine i wouldn't have believed it.

Here in Malaysia,
there are Muslim peoples that
still believe what Russian government said.
Almost every news from Western,
considered fake.
I'm the other way around.

Last edited:

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Too bad the idea of expanding into Central Asia died off thanks to Sultan Suleiman's son Selim II.

He basically handed over a long term victory to Russia by letting Kazan go to Russia instead of fighting for it. Ottomans and the Kazan Khanate were allies.
The Turkic sovereigns considered Muscovy a small, weak, poor state, did not pay attention to it and spent their forces on dynastic wars. The population of Moscow in the XIII century was 10 thousand people, it was much poorer and smaller than other cities and villages. Until 1480, the Moscow prince paid tribute to the Golden Horde Khan.
When Uzbek was Khan of the Golden Horde, the Moscow prince slandered his neighbor, the Prince of Tver, and bribed a Golden Horde official to kill his rival. That is, if you provide support to Moscow, he will soon forget and will denigrate your name for past humiliation.

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Territorial acquisitions of Muscovy in the XIV-XV century. Don't tell me Muscovy was expanding on its own. Muscovy was assisted by Turkic military forces. You see, now for Russia these years were 300 years of occupation and humiliation

Muscovy_1300-1462 (2).png

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That speech was beyond cringey and nauseating!

It's starting to annoy me that the Ukrainians are shaming the companies that are still operating in Russia, and countries as if they have to.

Ukrainians need to understand that some countries can't afford sanctioning Russia and they don't have to. Some companies tend to stay away from politics and chase after the buck they worked so hard to get in there.

The sanctioning countries have caused a lot of damage to Russia and still hadn't hit completely yet. Russia's economy is down the drains and the Ruble is struggling.
Russia is exposed as a paper tiger and a farce of a military might.

Many companies, organizations, clubs, countries have chosen to sanction Russia but they didn't have to. Understand that.

The world is already suffering because of this war yet helping you like they never helped any other country before with financial aid, military aid, kits, medicine, doctors, crews, fighting volunteers, weapons, vehicles, E/O equipment, moral and cultural support etc, etc.

So all you have to do now is focus on fighting and taking your land back. You've done a great job so far so keep going.

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
W
Have they? I've seen Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc.

Muslims flee to the west because it provides a better standard of living. If China could offer the same Muslims would also flee there.
Wrong.In China even their citizens want to flee to the west especially rich people

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Russian military commissariats recruit contract soldiers

Short-term contract from 4 to 12 months with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. 200 thousand rubles per month (monetary allowance + 200% of the salary + 53 dollars per day). Certificate of a combat veteran. Length of service: 1 month for 3 months.

aa6eaa33-736a-44bd-9b76-19b7fd3b3dab.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom