Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,482
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

The French threaten to declare war on Russia.
What happened to the French so they started acting so hard? They try to stimulate the rest of Europe to get their shit together or there's something else? I don't see how the French will stop the Russians alone if SHTF.

From the perspective of Europe, yes the majority of countries need to grow a bit of balls and start looking after themselves as it is proven multiple times in the last years that the US doesn't have the motivation to be the world's policeman anymore.

It is a public secret that the majority of Europe is absolutely not ready for war in any way and NATO is basically dependent on a handful of countries, with the majority of their armed forces thousands of kilometers away from the points of contact, while the rest are living their LGBT, green peace, humanist dream life, thinking that if SHTF the US will show up as a miracle and will save their asses. This is absolutely unacceptable and I actually fully understand Trump's position on this. You only need to look at the German example, the supposed leader of the EU and understand the situation.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,377
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Sweden 🇸🇪 and Portugal 🇵🇹 announced that they are joining the Czech 🇨🇿 led initiative to purchase 800,000 artillery shells (with an additional 200,000 being considered) for Ukraine. Sweden will donate 30 million Euros to the initiative, while Portugal will donate 100 million Euros.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,160
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

French regiments are reportedly on their way to #Romania, in preparation for deployment in Ukraine against the Russian army, particularly in #Odessa. Among them, the 2nd Foreign Infantry Regiment of #Nîmes is mentioned.

@Kaan Azman @Kartal1 @TR_123456 @Yasar_TR @Zafer @Gary @Saithan @Sanchez @Test7 @Rodeo @Cabatli_TR
We absolutely need to be watching from the sidelines. We don't want NATO in Ukraine, we want Ukraine to hold tight. The best we can do is to provide them with Kızılelma and her ammo. Europe will not even pay for artillery shells if we provide them, what the heck.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

contricusc

Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
What happened to the French so they started acting so hard? They try to stimulate the rest of Europe to get their shit together or there's something else? I don't see how the French will stop the Russians alone if SHTF.

The so called far-right has risen too much in the polls in France, so Macron needs to do something to reassert control and to show strength.

France is the most powerful European country from a military perspective, and the second most powerful country in NATO, so it is natural for France to take the lead if the US is missing in action.

This hawkish rethoric will also help mobilize other European countries and inspire confidence, as smaller/weaker countries will feel more emboldened in the shadow of a powerful ally taking the lead.

I always said to the pro-Putin people who were banking on Trump to abandon Ukraine that even if the US bails out, Europe will not, because for Europe this war is of strategic importance. The Europeans are lazy and prefer to let the Americans take care of their defence, but if they are left to fend for themselves, they will, and they will defeat Russia with or without the US.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

From the perspective of Europe, yes the majority of countries need to grow a bit of balls and start looking after themselves as it is proven multiple times in the last years that the US doesn't have the motivation to be the world's policeman anymore.

It is a public secret that the majority of Europe is absolutely not ready for war in any way and NATO is basically dependent on a handful of countries, with the majority of their armed forces thousands of kilometers away from the points of contact, while the rest are living their LGBT, green peace, humanist dream life, thinking that if SHTF the US will show up as a miracle and will save their asses. This is absolutely unacceptable and I actually fully understand Trump's position on this. You only need to look at the German example, the supposed leader of the EU and understand the situation.
From how I see it, the answer is polls, polls, and again polls

President Macron have reached to an all-time low in opinion polling in his country; the prospects of him winning the next election, if he doesnt get sacked early, is practically a big zero. The French are living in poverty, cost of living crisises, unhygenic cities due to strikes from public workers that lead to rat infestation within Paris

Macron needs to either improve his image by reappearing as the strongman of Europe or going the Natenyahu way and throw his country into a losing war in order to ensure that his and his party's grip on power remain intact.

What Macron is doing rn reminds me a lot of the crusades of the past, when the kings/govts at the time failed to feed the people, they would start reducing the number of mouths to be fed by throwing the people into crusades in order to reduce costs and maintain order within their castles/countries

What is happening rn is literally the same

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
From how I see it, the answer is polls, polls, and again polls

President Macron have reached to an all-time low in opinion polling in his country; the prospects of him winning the next election, if he doesnt get sacked early, is practically a big zero. The French are living in poverty, cost of living crisises, unhygenic cities due to strikes from public workers that lead to rat infestation within Paris

Macron needs to either improve his image by reappearing as the strongman of Europe or going the Natenyahu way and throw his country into a losing war in order to ensure that his and his party's grip on power remain intact.

What Macron is doing rn reminds me a lot of the crusades of the past, when the kings/govts at the time failed to feed the people, they would start reducing the number of mouths to be fed by throwing the people into crusades in order to reduce costs and maintain order within their castles/countries

What is happening rn is literally the same
@Kartal1 et al
Another subsidiary theory (not completely certain about it) I have is that the US is trying to throw the whole world into chaos in order to preserve its hegemony and currency dominance

With recent events, it is clearly visible that the Western influence (particularly the US) is falling hard and many nations like KSA and UAE are switching away from the US and the dollar gradually. In order to counter that, the US is trying to purposefully throw the world into chaos in multiple, carefully planned, stages until it eventually envelopes multiple continents so that the US's significance and the dollar can be preserved.

What made the US so strong in the past, is that while the US was peacefully growing, the West and Russia were busy killing each other and this gave time for the US to peacefully grow. I think that the US is trying to re-inact such a scenario on a wider stage so that the whole world will burn while the US is located on another continent peacefully growing and getting stronger which means at the end of such conflicts, the US and its currency -the dollar- is the one that benefits the most

It is just so strange that the US, being the prime instigator of this war, is the one that benefitted the most, lost the least and even gained more influence than the pre-war era... it is honestly just insane...... I mean just look at this👇

Russia vs Ukraine
Europe vs Ukraine
Turkey vs Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Iran
Azerbaijan vs Iran, Greece and Armenia
Some Turkic states are fighting till this date
Turkey vs Israel
The whole Arab world vs Israel
UAE vs KSA
Ethiopia vs Egypt
Sudan civil war
Libya civil war
China vs India
China vs S.korea, Japan, Philippines etc
S.Korea vs Japan
India vs Afghanistan
Algeria vs Morrocco
And much more......

It just so weird that within each of these conflicts mentioned above, the US has a hand in it yet it somehow doesnt materialistically fight at all and just enjoy the two sides killing each other from a far and safe distance and growing peacefully while such nations get weaker and break

This is exactly what is happening right now; although I may be a bit of a conspiracy theorist though😅

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The big deal is not the French going to war. The big deal is IF they can sustain their stay.

Too many losses and then what ? france announces conscription? Yeah I'd like to see the faces of the French once that happened.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,482
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The big deal is not the French going to war. The big deal is IF they can sustain their stay.

Too many losses and then what ? france announces conscription? Yeah I'd like to see the faces of the French once that happened.
The French going to war with Russia? At Russia's border? You got to be kidding me. What will be France's objective in this war?

The moment they step in Ukraine with this goal, they will face the harsh reality of what Russia is. The best that the West can do right now is just minimize the damage. They had years in which they could've taken measures in Ukraine to prevent a Russian invasion.

What could the French do to make Russia retreat? Is Macron ready to sacrifice thousands of French young men's lives, hundreds or even thousands pieces of French military equipment and not to forget the lasting blow to France's economy that this war will inflict? Lets bypass Macron for a second and ask, if France is ready to pay such a price?

Macron is daydreaming. From now on every passing second without a peace agreement is a loss for Ukraine. When there was still a chance the West acted lamely and now we see the result. France can contribute later in the way of sending peace keepers, but now Ukraine needs peace.

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 523
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I am afraid that without America and Turkiye, the Europeans will not succeed. Look who they want to see at the head of NATO - some Rutte. In 72 years of NATO membership, I don’t remember them discussing a Turkiye candidate. Isn't it time for them to put a Turkiye general at the head of the alliance? No?
Without Turkiye, no “legions of strangers” will save them from the clutches of an angry Russian bear🙂
So, it's time for all these European prime ministers and so-called kings to leave their unjustified arrogance and come to Erdogan in Dolmabahçu with a petition to protect poor Europe :LOL:

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The French going to war with Russia? At Russia's border? You got to be kidding me. What will be France's objective in this war?

The moment they step in Ukraine with this goal, they will face the harsh reality of what Russia is. The best that the West can do right now is just minimize the damage. They had years in which they could've taken measures in Ukraine to prevent a Russian invasion.

What could the French do to make Russia retreat? Is Macron ready to sacrifice thousands of French young men's lives, hundreds or even thousands pieces of French military equipment and not to forget the lasting blow to France's economy that this war will inflict? Lets bypass Macron for a second and ask, if France is ready to pay such a price?

Macron is daydreaming. From now on every passing second without a peace agreement is a loss for Ukraine. When there was still a chance the West acted lamely and now we see the result. France can contribute later in the way of sending peace keepers, but now Ukraine needs peace.

Mate, never underestimate how far are politicians willing to kill and destroy the nation for outrageous ideas.

Politicians do first, think later. Their moves are dictated by emotions on the street, especially true for democracies

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Today is a very significant day. Russia is holding an election to determine whether Putin stays or step down and be replaced by someone, which in turn determine the course of this war.

MaciekRS

Poland Moderator
Reactions
4 1,042
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
Poland
Today is a very significant day. Russia is holding an election to determine whether Putin stays or step down and be replaced by someone, which in turn determine the course of this war.
OMG russia and "election" in one sentence :)

I hope Putin will stay alive to the moment when he'll see how he destroyed his russia. But most likely he will be killed when others decided to end this war and "make business" with comrades from Germany etc.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom