Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

contricusc

Reactions
1 619
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Well, I guess even everyone on this thread has an agreement that the debate this night was interesting to point that we can agree that Zelensky will deal with Trump next year. The guy that seemed upset about billions being thrown into Ukraine.
I think this is the first time I am in agreement with you. If the Democrats have any dignity left, they will retire Biden and replace him with a younger candidate, at least to spare him future humiliation.

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 476
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I think this is the first time I am in agreement with you. If the Democrats have any dignity left, they will retire Biden and replace him with a younger candidate, at least to spare him future humiliation.
Without checking, I believe sitting US presidents are more likely to be re-elected than not, so are normally selected as candidate by their party. I think that a year or two ago the US Democratic Party should have recognised that Biden's age weighed against proceeding as normal. In addition it was clear from polling that the US public did not want to have to choose their president from two candidates of advanced years. The Democrats were in my opinion foolish to stick with the 'safe option' of backing the incumbent president and should have chosen and promoted a younger candidate. Even better would have been Biden announcing that he would not seek re-election. But he didn't.

A Trump win in the election would probably be very bad for Ukraine. That looks more likely after the debate between the candidates.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,760
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Here's an interesting post about Hezbollah's Pyongyang-built and engineered tunnel and bunker system

by 2006 estimated to have over 600 ammunition and weapons bunkers fortified eight or more meters underground – alongside better fortified command bunkers constructed to a depth of 40 meters using poured concrete. By that time there were at least ten Korean-built tunnel and bunker networks in southern Lebanon – each with dozens of command bunkers, which in turn were each divided into several rooms.
When war broke out that year, Hezbollah’s rocket artillery systems were often deployed from firing pits five meters deep, with foot-thick poured concrete frames reinforced with blast walls and covered with sandbags and thermal blankets, minimizing positions’ heat signatures and making them highly resilient to Israeli air or artillery strikes. North Korean-style tunnels thus served as a force multiplier

That's 2006, 18 years ago. By now god knows how many miles more they had dug.

Looking at Hamas basically intact inside Gaza, we're looking at a larger acope of work here. Unlike Gaza, manpower and supply is a non-issue for Hezbollah as their supply line are open from Iraq.

The Israelis will waste so many bombs and artillery shells trying to neutralize those bunkers. and it's not even going to dent much.

Ukraine's going to be pissed when they realize that their shells are again going to be diverted to israel.

This year's main big Russian offensive will likely wait for this to commence and at the moment when IDF activity peaked.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,558
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Finland 🇫🇮 has announced a new $170 million usd military aid package for Ukraine. Per usual, the Finns did not disclose the contents of the package but it's believed to consist of artillery shells, mortar shells, artillery and infantry fighting vehicles.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,558
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Trump will be smashed in the election if the Democrats pull Biden and replace him with somebody like Gavin Newsome or Gretchen Whitmer. Trumps polls absolutely deplorably against any sentient, generic Democrat. Biden's age related health is holding them back, if they replace Biden, the Democrats are going to roll.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,558
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
The USA 🇺🇸 announced a new contract with Lockheed Martin today, valued at $4.5 Billion usd, to produce 870 additional PAC-3 MSE missiles. Why is this relevant for Ukraine? USA is providing hundreds of Patriot missiles to Ukraine from their own stockpiles. Orders like these give you an idea of how many they are ordering and how many they can spare.

contricusc

Reactions
1 619
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Trump will be smashed in the election if the Democrats pull Biden and replace him with somebody like Gavin Newsome or Gretchen Whitmer. Trumps polls absolutely deplorably against any sentient, generic Democrat. Biden's age related health is holding them back, if they replace Biden, the Democrats are going to roll.

I think it is too late for the Democrats to pull a win even if they replace Biden, because they haven’t built a national campaign for anyone else. I don’t know much about Gretchen Whitmer, but Gavin Newsome has no chance to beat Trump, as he is a far left radical that will not resonate well with independents. He governed California and leaves it with a homelessness problem, a housing problem, a drug addiction problem, too many illigal immigrants and too much crime (not to mention the huge taxes). He has been a disaster as a governor.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,760
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ukraine could have used their usual tactics of bringing more troops to "defend the city to the very last"

They simply have no troops, whatever is available is now being redirected to reinforce Kharkiv.

An example of this :

Ukraine recently withdraw from the Krasnogorovka Citadel while at the same time reporting progress in Kharkov oblast's Volchansk

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 476
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I think that those men trying to avoid service in UkAF regret the war and, as a result of the war, being conscripted.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,760
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think that those men trying to avoid service in UkAF regret the war and, as a result of the war, being conscripted.

You could feel as the war progresses there's less and less enthusiasm of continuing the war from Ukraine and it's Western paymasters. Early in the war, teens would roam Kyiv with assault rifles, volunteers would gather in the middle of busy city spot to assemble Molotov cocktails, while foreign nationalities flocked into Ukraine.

Just two years into the war, not only those foreigners are mostly back in their homes, people (especially men) are hiding inside their mom's basement trying to evade forced conscription in the streets, while the rest risks their lives trying to cross into Romania.

I guess, the West, after years of fighting insurgencies realized the hard way that fighting Russia means this time there's a likely chance you'll be killed by artillery, tank fire, smart bombs, ballistic missile etc.and not just small arms and IEDs.

Which is why I believe Russia will very likely win this war, because citizens of democracies are weak in their faith and believe for the cause.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
63 30,430
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

GRNU1IXaIAEG7qn

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 476
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
You could feel as the war progresses there's less and less enthusiasm of continuing the war from Ukraine and it's Western paymasters. Early in the war, teens would roam Kyiv with assault rifles, volunteers would gather in the middle of busy city spot to assemble Molotov cocktails, while foreign nationalities flocked into Ukraine.

Just two years into the war, not only those foreigners are mostly back in their homes, people (especially men) are hiding inside their mom's basement trying to evade forced conscription in the streets, while the rest risks their lives trying to cross into Romania.

I guess, the West, after years of fighting insurgencies realized the hard way that fighting Russia means this time there's a likely chance you'll be killed by artillery, tank fire, smart bombs, ballistic missile etc.and not just small arms and IEDs.

Which is why I believe Russia will very likely win this war, because citizens of democracies are weak in their faith and believe for the cause.
There is no great enthusiasm in the west for a war in Ukraine. When this started, the people of western Europe were shocked to see a European democracy threatened with takeover by totalitarian Russia.

Regarding Russia winning the economic war, I don't think there is any chance of that

Vladimir Chistyukhin, a First Deputy Chairman of the Bank of Russia, warned the Kremlin that problems with international payments posed an existential threat to the economy.

He said the issues “need to be resolved as quickly as possible” and that the Kremlin should explore all possibilities, including the use of crypto currencies.

“Because if there are no normal payments for products related to foreign economic activity, for our export- and import-dependent country, it’s death,” he added.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,760
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There is no great enthusiasm in the west for a war in Ukraine. When this started, the people of western Europe were shocked to see a European democracy threatened with takeover by totalitarian Russia.

I'm not talking about state level enthusiasm. I'm talking about the men required to fight the onslaught and their willingness to fight, those men, the ones that flocked to defend Ukraine is simply no longer there. The foreign fighters are packing up, the Ukrainians are fleeing.

Top Bottom