Ukrspetsexport CEO Vadym Nozdr - Reported to media that modern variants of S-125 had been delivered to Turkey

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most likely, Turkey will transfer them to the Turkish bases constructed in Libya.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,415
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is this part of a counter trade obligation? I suppose Turkey have better SAM system in development

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe Turkey bought these before for Libya, there was a satellite photo of Al-Watiya airbase. There was air defenses resembling S-125.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,638
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is this part of a counter trade obligation? I suppose Turkey have better SAM system in development
It s an urgent need. Air Defence is not Turkey's proud in it's armed forces right now. It's spine are HAWK missiles which we can say are already outdated and there are urgent needs for SAM's in Libya. Those will most probably be operated by partner force in Libya with priority of securing the military installations in which Turkish forces are present.

There are a couple of air defence projects in Turkey's roadmap right now which are covering different guiding modes, altitude-ranges and firing platforms. Turkey have a vision of establishing a multilayered air defence network including anti-ballistic missile capability until 2023. At the moment there are mainly 2 projects which are waiting for a serial production which are mainly advanced low and medium range and altitude systems. You can visit our air defence development thread. I am sure you will find the developments interesting

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom