Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
How do they design irl weapons into their games anyway? For example what parameters do they look at when adjusting the range, damage, stability etc of a sniper rifle?

They actually balance it while taking liberties. Some guns are too op I think in real life.

The real problem is will BF licence weapons or will they fake them like Cod does??

Especially with the whole gun control stuff and how vido gamea cause mass shootings as led to some small arm companies from distancing themselvea from videogamea but also developers and publishers too due to people especially liberals accusing shooting games of promoting arms companies.

Forgotten weapons from Ian even gets demonetised because its guns.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Werent they going to remake RE4? Why didnt they wait for the remake version to do the VR?

Think they want to push the product out, vr gaming and cloud gaming are the next big thing so they will be the first movers once the game is released.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Werent they going to remake RE4? Why didnt they wait for the remake version to do the VR?

they are and it was supposed to be their next major RE release. Unfortunately, capcom wasn't happy with the work done by the developer, who was behind the miserable RE 3 remake. Supposedly they were remaking it 1:1 with the original in regards to story and progression, but capcom wants something that updates and changes up things, so they've handed the project to someone else.

I mean, whilst i'd like a fully modernised RE 4, the original still holds up well today, so i'm excited to see an updated "remix" of the original.

As for why didn't the wait? Easy money, is what I'm guessing. Quicker to iterate RE4 VR on the HD rereleases now and make that money, then again when the remake comes out.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
they are and it was supposed to be their next major RE release. Unfortunately, capcom wasn't happy with the work done by the developer, who was behind the miserable RE 3 remake. Supposedly they were remaking it 1:1 with the original in regards to story and progression, but capcom wants something that updates and changes up things, so they've handed the project to someone else.

I mean, whilst i'd like a fully modernised RE 4, the original still holds up well today, so i'm excited to see an updated "remix" of the original.

As for why didn't the wait? Easy money, is what I'm guessing. Quicker to iterate RE4 VR on the HD rereleases now and make that money, then again when the remake comes out.
I agree with all except one thing. I dont think the original holds up well today. I recently went back to it with all the good memories I had in my mind but some stuff just appeared to me way worse than I remembered.

The worst problem was how stupid the story is. Back in the day I didnt really care about the stupid story and I only looked at the atmosphere and was awed but seriously...president of US' daughter gets kidnapped and they send one guy who doesnt speak Spanish? Not even local Spanish forces to accompany? Also with what motive did Saddler order the kidnapping of the presidents daughter? Like, for what reason? On the contrary they had to stay under the radar as much as possible! How did Spain not detect what was going on? Raccoon City incident was actually an almost perfect story that you could at least put in a decent frame in your mind. Corporate America, US military was also a customer of Umbrella's BOWs so they helped them cover all the underground shit up etc.
How is this cult hiding this shit from Spanish government? Also Umbrella was a company, the largest commercial enterprise in the world. They had all the sources to come up with this shit. A medieval plaque revived by some cultist idiots?

You actually get the anime vibes from Japanese games. They actually give you the impression you are in a retarded alternative reality of the World where things dont happen the way they would irl. Like you dont exactly know how would things happen in real life in the situations anime is about but you be pretty sure absolutely not that way.
For example in Death Note. I personally dont have any clue how the World would react in a situation like that but I at least would expect multiple agencies, an international commitee, some means of opening a communication with ''Kira'' and attempts of reconcillation, some political outcomes etc. In the anime after only some CIA agents get killed(that part was cool though) they find some mysterious private agent whose name noone knows and everyone puts their upmost faith in him and life goes back to normal.

Anyway I dont know how much they can alter the story in remake but it would be fine at least they tried to explain some really moronic stuff with little touches. Like Osmund could receive Umbrella asistance to get to that point(both scientifically and politically), Leon could be sent there just for recon with very little hope(and his mission is actually held secret from Spanish authorities)

Second worse problem is the gameplay. Camera angle, shooting the enemy in the knee, pressing f and cutting while he/she gets up tactic seriously damages the gameplay. This combined with the limited number of villager designs(I know, impressive for its day) really gives a feeling of repetitiveness. Boss battles were better. I dont know about story but I am pretty optimistic they will change this part at least, we will get sth similiar to 2/3 remakes.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I think you might be overthinking this a little. Resident Evil has always had this undercurrent of dumb logic where there are these evil corporations constantly releasing monster-making viruses on population and there's absolutely zero regulation imposed and it's always like 1 or 2 undercover operatives being sent in to deal with the resulting mess. You just kinda have to suspend your disbelief a little. Same goes for Death Note, the real draw is the brain games between L and Light.

Show kinda went to s**t after L died though.

Resident Evil 4 was the first real over-the-shoulder shooter if I remember correctly, so it makes sense that the mechanics are a little unrefined. I'm sure they will fix it in the remake. As for the plot, I don't really know if they'll change it up all that much, unless they make it so that Luis doesn't die this time round? His death traumatized me as a kid, that stuff was brutal.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Merchant_re4.jpg

This guy was the star of Resident Evil 4 for me.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you might be overthinking this a little. Resident Evil has always had this undercurrent of dumb logic where there are these evil corporations constantly releasing monster-making viruses on population and there's absolutely zero regulation imposed and it's always like 1 or 2 undercover operatives being sent in to deal with the resulting mess. You just kinda have to suspend your disbelief a little. Same goes for Death Note, the real draw is the brain games between L and Light.

Show kinda went to s**t after L died though.

Resident Evil 4 was the first real over-the-shoulder shooter if I remember correctly, so it makes sense that the mechanics are a little unrefined. I'm sure they will fix it in the remake. As for the plot, I don't really know if they'll change it up all that much, unless they make it so that Luis doesn't die this time round? His death traumatized me as a kid, that stuff was brutal.

I actually genuinely think apart from the fact that the mansion, RPD building and the city was full of puzzles(motor inside a random statue, keys, medals. emblems etc) the game had a very realistic, well established story and lore.

For your information USA has already a long track of crime record on making illegal experiments on its own citizens. I mean US is already a very wicked country irl.

Also there was only one giant company which dominated the entire country according to games lore, that was releasing the monsters. The other companies like the connections, tricell etc all broke out from Umbrella. Even releasing the monsters part was explained very smart. Inner company power struggles and government involvement.
William Birkin wanted to sell the G virus to USA directly by ruling out Umbrella from the equation. Naturally, Umbrella sent its paramilitary forces. In the brawl that broke out, the virus got leaked.

I mean a giant pharmasuitical company that is the largest enterprise in the World, produces bioweapons behind the doors and sells it to militaries around the World, US military being one example.
The way US politics works in real life(an oligarchy of big players holding the country by its balls via the bi-party system and lobbying) I can totally see a company like Umbrella getting away with many of the shit it is involved with. Even without the lobbying, if an enterprise is as big as described in the game, no government let alone USA would allow it to unfold easily. The only incompatible part to real world is we still dont have the technology to turn people into BOWs. I also dont think if such thing was to be invented, it would be with viruses.

After the destruction of Raccoon City with thermonuclear bomb, in Umbrella trials almost all the scientists that worked under Umbrella get away with their crimes. This is both very realistic(after WW2, USA basically took many of the Nazi scientists for herself and those assholes who committed the worst crimes got away with all the shit they did) and also a good way to confirm new games are coming.

The game has a very critical undertone towards USA and is actually a brilliant criticism, only for those to understand though(many people actually miss this part).
It is like none of the events in the game is real but just the way things happen in the game fits to the patterns we have learnt by observing USA in our heads.

Though unfortunately the following games lose this edge and it is ''agent Kennedy sent to save presidents daughter''.

About gameplay, yeah dont get me wrong I appreciate it with all my heart but only because it is so old, when turning back I realise it aged worse than I thought.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cod vanguard is rubbish.

Its literally cod ww2 from 2017 with mw mechanics.

Bf 2042 cant let me down.

I would play it for the campaign but im not paying full price just for the campaign.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
E-oUMHnXEAATQ61.jpeg

Rest in Peace, Michael K Williams.

Bf4 campaign sucked but Irish was a great character. Im happy the BF 2042 exodus short film gave justice to the character.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is for EA eapecially when it comes to BF 2042.

We want soldiers to look like this. A mix of both modern and future modern.

No pink shit, no anime and no clown outfits. Just good old military stuff.

Made a whole collection dont let us down EA.

Attachments

• E9hB2-UX0AUgabb.jpeg
    E9hB2-UX0AUgabb.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 103
  • images - 2021-09-25T012538.948.jpeg
    images - 2021-09-25T012538.948.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 102
  • E_1kWm8UcAAoDSw.jpeg
    E_1kWm8UcAAoDSw.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 98znysehiig41.jpg
    98znysehiig41.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 104
  • 1631667978116.png
    1631667978116.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
  • E-xlkbMWUAIhlGi.jpeg
    E-xlkbMWUAIhlGi.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 112
  • world_war_3_polish_squad_1-600x338_remastered.jpg
    world_war_3_polish_squad_1-600x338_remastered.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 108
  • battlefield-4-final-stand-art-vertical_remastered.jpg
    battlefield-4-final-stand-art-vertical_remastered.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • E9YfaJcWUAAY7L1.jpeg
    E9YfaJcWUAAY7L1.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 101
  • images - 2021-08-21T130920.459.jpeg
    images - 2021-08-21T130920.459.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 96
  • images - 2021-08-19T154633.301_resized.jpeg
    images - 2021-08-19T154633.301_resized.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Roach_op_kingfish.png
    Roach_op_kingfish.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 4636094361_3f49a6ef88_o.jpg
    4636094361_3f49a6ef88_o.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 100
  • BF4_Us_support.png
    BF4_Us_support.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 1628600706371.png
    1628600706371.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 610bf8f42a24d0001861d8cd.jpeg
    610bf8f42a24d0001861d8cd.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 1614362485836.png
    1614362485836.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
  • Pave_low_01.jpg
    Pave_low_01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • images - 2021-07-30T035751.273.jpeg
    images - 2021-07-30T035751.273.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 91
  • images - 2021-07-30T035649.441.jpeg
    images - 2021-07-30T035649.441.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Shadow_Company_Zodiac.jpg
    Shadow_Company_Zodiac.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 98
  • images - 2021-06-10T131028.745_01.jpeg
    images - 2021-06-10T131028.745_01.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102
  • MPT.jpg
    MPT.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 102
  • 1621865622480.png
    1621865622480.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
  • E06yFAFXIAIL1BU.jpeg
    E06yFAFXIAIL1BU.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 94

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I wish there were more developers looking into the feasibility of FPS/RTS hybrid games.

Guide your troops and direct artillery strikes like it's Company of Heroes one moment and then jump into the thick of the action like it's Medal of Honor the next.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom