Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,453
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Usman Turabi belongs to the Hanafists school.

Many TB fanboys won't like it, but as I mentioned earlier, once the foreign enemy is out, the next fight will be between former comrades in arms.

Taliban doesn't have a good COIN experience, they could alienate significant parts of Afghanistan population by randomly killing people accused of crimes, the same way drones alienate Afghans from supporting the coalition

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,097
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Usman Turabi belongs to the Hanafists school.

Many TB fanboys won't like it, but as I mentioned earlier, once the foreign enemy is out, the next fight will be between former comrades in arms.

Taliban doesn't have a good COIN experience, they could alienate significant parts of Afghanistan population by randomly killing people accused of crimes, the same way drones alienate Afghans from supporting the coalition

Seriously Afghanistan should be partitioned.

No good is ever going to come from this country no offense to any Afghan members.

Just split the country up.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,097
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nation state experiment has failed in Africa, Middle East and Afghanistan.

You cant put so many ethnic groups especially tribal to run as a centralised state.

Why would a tribal Uzbek accept Kabul rule? Why would a Pashtun accept Kabul ruling everything.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,453
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Seriously Afghanistan should be partitioned.

No good is ever going to come from this country no offense to any Afghan members.

Just split the country up.
I could say the seed of eventual destruction are being sown right now.

Remember ? the US regrets their decision back in the early days of the occupation for the eventual collapse of Afghanistan 20 years later.

TB fanboys will tell you the dust had settled , and the war is over while all I see is the exact opposite, and I'm vocal about it since before the fall of Kabul.

Hanafi Salafi split is just one symptoms, there are multiple interests in Afghanistan which could collide with other groups/peopls interest with it's local from Afghanistan itself or among the multiple regional powers now involved in Afghanistan.

The Taliban (and it's supporters) will eventually come to the bleak realization that running a country is harder than running over a country on top of pickups.

Taliban sure knows how to do hit and run attacks, now the question is will they develop the skills to counter the same tactics? It's easy to throw knives and hide, it's hard to find who's throwing the knives from among the crowd.

The fact that the Taliban randomly kills salafists is a proof of how unsophisticated they are when it comes to COIN. They will eventually regret this later on.

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

Alhamdulillah.
Well done IEA. 🙂👍

Kabul: