Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The British Department of Defense is preparing to recognize Taliban
Actually Britain had already recognized Taliban as a legal entity and thus the peace deal we saw between NATO/US and Taliban. This however builds up on that by saying if Taliban take over Kabul they will engage with them as a Afghan government. This tells us that British officials have been briefed on the very possibility of a Taliban Afghanistan in the near future.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Taliban Emirate flag now flies on the Af-Pakistan Spin Boldak border crossing which has been closed since yesterday. This is the second most strategic entry point to Afghanistan [Torkham in the north is number one] and carries upwards of 30% of Afghan trade. This offers huge revenue stream to the Taliban when it opens as all trucking from ports in Pakistan [Afgh is landlocked country] that cover south of Afghanistan go through here. You can see Emirate flag next to Pakistan flag at the border gate.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Most of Afghanistan's trade with rest of the world s through Pakistan's seaports on the Arabian Sea and is covered by the ATT agreement. Two routes are used and both were being used for 20 years by US/NATO as supply lines and the airbridge ran over Pakistan. These are -

• 1. Spin Boldak which covers most southern Afghanistan including Kandahar the traditional power base of the Taliban. This covers about 30% of trade with other 10% covered by entry points on Turkmen, Iran, Uzbek, Tajik borders.

• 2. Torkham which covers most of northern Afghanistan and Kabul. This route carries plus 60% of the trade and is the most strategic border crossing on the historical Khyber Pass.

When and if Torkham falls all 'doors' into Afghanistan will be locked and with the keys in Taliban hands. That will then only leave Kabul Airport as exit/entry point available to Kabul regime.

The two ground routes marked from ports on Arabian Sea with the border points. In the last month the roads along this route had mile long US convoys taking their heavy military assets out of Afghanistan to be shipped out. Pakistan was obligated to do this by 2001 agreement but this now has ended and Islamabad has refused to extend or enter into any other such agreement.

Afghan trade.png

Dalit

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
Russia tells 'hypocritical' Afghan government to negotiate with Taliban

The Kremlin's most senior Afghanistan official accused the Afghan government of hypocrisy on Wednesday and said it needed to start proper negotiations with the Taliban about the country's future before it was too late.

Zamir Kabulov, President Vladimir Putin's special representative on Afghanistan, issued the warning ahead of talks about the Afghan crisis in Tajikistan where foreign ministers from the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation were meeting.

Kabulov, in an interview with Russia's RIA news agency, said that while the Afghan government paid lip service to the idea of talks, it was not doing enough to make them happen.

“It's hypocrisy. It's an attempt to close their eyes to the reality which exists and these are empty words,” Kabulov told RIA when talking about the Afghan's government's stance on negotiations with the Taliban.

“We need deeds.”

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,036
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I doubt it. You are out now and China, Pakistan, Russia, Turkey and Iran are in. This is not the Taliban of the 80s and 90s. The Taliban have relations and contacts with all neighboring countries. Did you really think you were fighting the Taliban? LOL The US has admitted that China and Russia have been supporting the Taliban. The Taliban are just foot soldiers. US/NATO has been fighting regional countries who don't want US/NATO presence in their backyard. That is the full story.

Trust me. You are not coming back. The major powers Russia and China will make sure of that.

Stop making grand accusations, you are coming across as bit of a clown. "did you really think you were fighting the taliban?" That's my point, Afghanistan and the backward ass Taliban are not Turkeys problem or issue.

Not only do i not want Turkey to fight the Taliban a people we have no business with, I'm quite happy for Turkey not to be involved in that mess altogether. Turkey is already engaged military in syria, iraq and libya and tomorrow we could be in war with Greece or another proxy war with Russia. Our plate is full. The Taliban are only muslim on paper, in practice they are exceptionally degenerate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11217772

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,460
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,460
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We also need to remember that not so long ago the Taliban were actually an ally of Western nations.
misinformation, the Taliban were never part of the western alliance, it's the mujahideen (which later transformed into the Northern alliance) that is allied with the US.

Mujahideen refers not to the Taliban but the general Afghan militia that fought the Communist Afghan govt.

For those who think Pakistan owns the Taliban's :
Translation of the above tweet :
Pakistan cannot dictate to us, it cannot rule over us. The impression of Pakistani control over the Taliban is wrong. Taliban spokesman Sohail Shaheen interviewed Pakistani news agency Geo News.

Dalit

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
misinformation, the Taliban were never part of the western alliance, it's the mujahideen (which later transformed into the Northern alliance) that is allied with the US.

Mujahideen refers not to the Taliban but the general Afghan militia that fought the Communist Afghan govt.

The Taliban were also part of the Mujahideen. I am a Pashtun. You think I don't no the history of my people?

Absolute nonsense. The Northern alliance and Taliban which you forget to mention was only formed after US/NATO left high and dry.

Pakistan will do whatever is in its best interest. No one can do or say anything about that. Not the Taliban. Not India. Not Indonesia. Not US/NATO. Pakistan has learnt its lesson in the past two decades. Trust no one.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,460
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The Taliban were also part of the Mujahideen. I am a Pashtun. You think I don't no the history of my people?

Absolute nonsense. The Northern alliance and Taliban which you forget to mention was only formed after US/NATO left high and dry.

Pakistan will do whatever is in its best interest. No one can do or say anything about that. Not the Taliban. Not India. Not Indonesia. Not US/NATO.
doesn't matter Pashtun or not, you can't change history. Taliban was formed in 1994, while the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan in 1989. So there's no such thing as Westerners supporting the Talibs.

No one is stopping Pakistan to do anything it wants, but do mind to remember that not all will go as much as it whims to do.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom