Indonesia Casual Discussion Warkop Indonesia

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions

Ouch. Getting mocked like this...

Imagine Indonesia get invaded and lose thanks to corruption and get mocked like this by the invader.

Corruption is one hell of a drug.
No civilian agencies are brave enough to try to root out corruption in the Military. Whatever the Military does, only the Military themselves can solve.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They observe GFP too

In particular, the protection of Russian tanks T-72 and T-80 made from cardboard egg trays. Without a doubt, these means of protecting military equipment deserve to become a separate assessment factor in the PowerIndex when forming the Global Firepower rating of the strongest armies in the world.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
They observe GFP too

In particular, the protection of Russian tanks T-72 and T-80 made from cardboard egg trays. Without a doubt, these means of protecting military equipment deserve to become a separate assessment factor in the PowerIndex when forming the Global Firepower rating of the strongest armies in the world.
Not egg trays, but funny looking composite armor

1646999464378.png

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Superpower tag is earned not being claimed

The US with her allies crushed regular Iraq armed Forces in span of a month, with very minimal casualties compared to their adversaries

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Superpower tag is earned not being claimed

The US with her allies crushed regular Iraq armed Forces in span of a month, with very minimal casualties compared to their adversaries
Nor having nuclear make you super power.
I.e. Add 2 CV to Japan Navy, you got another super power

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Pseudo CV? Or catobar CV?
Honestly if we talk about CV the one thats have capability to host fighter to do long range CAP (back then in WW II) while carry decent armrment is consider the fiercest form. Per today standard Best CV is one that can do Take off and recorvery at same time.

IMO, queen elizabeth not so good as Nimitz, since she build for F35 B wich is good at preemptive strike but not intended to gain air superiority.

Perhaps if 🇮🇩 would build a carrier, the should seek to learn from 🇺🇸, they have good construction and damage control since WW II, i mean take Kitti hawk stucture, put disel engine and separate island, put sky jump, host Rafale M and airbus helos. Violaa, you now can make 🇨🇳 ketar ketir

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly if we talk about CV the one thats have capability to host fighter to do long range CAP (back then in WW II) while carry decent armrment is consider the fiercest form. Per today standard Best CV is one that can do Take off and recorvery at same time.

IMO, queen elizabeth not so good as Nimitz, since she build for F35 B wich is good at preemptive strike but not intended to gain air superiority.

Perhaps if 🇮🇩 would build a carrier, the should seek to learn from 🇺🇸, they have good construction and damage control since WW II, i mean take Kitti hawk stucture, put disel engine and separate island, put sky jump, host Rafale M and airbus helos. Violaa, you now can make 🇨🇳 ketar ketir
conventionally powered ?? i really hope we follow the brazilian way RnD their own naval based nuclear propulsion.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions

This concept might work

Or just go on with the LHD plan, probably can work with the same effect. Though getting ToT on flat deck ship tech from the US might be a bit difficult tbh.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Or just go on with the LHD plan
Totally no idea. 😁
Sorry it's just my non sense dream.
To the fact that even PAL still struggle to build proer 60m boat and local industries haven't any standard steel or worker. If we want some, better to approach like 🇰🇷 LPD scheme back then.

It's a totally diffetent when we talk about 🇯🇵, they can manage to commision even Supper carrier like vessel in one or two year.

Ship construction it self need tons of man power and time consuming. One of my hope is if 🇮🇩 can split production into some modules, then employ diffenrent shipyards to build each modul pararelly then assemble it in somewhere big enough to host ship launching. Thus the time can be save up to a third.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
Totally no idea. 😁
Sorry it's just my non sense dream.
To the fact that even PAL still struggle to build proer 60m boat and local industries haven't any standard steel or worker. If we want some, better to approach like 🇰🇷 LPD scheme back then.

It's a totally diffetent when we talk about 🇯🇵, they can manage to commision even Supper carrier like vessel in one or two year.

Ship construction it self need tons of man power and time consuming. One of my hope is if 🇮🇩 can split production into some modules, then employ diffenrent shipyards to build each modul pararelly then assemble it in somewhere big enough to host ship launching. Thus the time can be save up to a third.
Tbh we need to strengthen the steel industry

The steel industry is the industry of everything, one cannot expect a country to succeed in building its industrial base if the steel industry is not strong. South Korea literally used this industry to speedrun their economic and industrial development, and they succeeded. That's why their heavy industry is much larger than their Indonesian counterpart, namely POSCO, Hyundai, and Daewoo; their steel production capacity is much larger and much more developed.

Meanwhile, Krakatau Steel is struggling. I think we need to reform our BUMN model, as it is too rigid and slow to expand rapidly. If we cannot make the steel industry right, all other heavy industries will not be able to grow at a rate that will allow Indonesia to rise in economy and industrial power,that is large enough to challenge regional powers and achieve self-sufficiency.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom