Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,414
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Couldnt fathom how they will cancelling 3rd FREMM for fast attack craft

It makes me wonder which country is Indonesia modelling is navy after ? Iran ? who is known to lose half its fleet in a day ?Who the in the flying fuck are this people taking cue from?

I wonder what is this attachment to anything small like KCR and over emphasis on 'asymmetric warfare', 'guerilla at sea' yada yada ? A formiler who I have a lot of respect for alike the 'Asymmetric warfare' as the strategy of the loser side.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It makes me wonder which country is Indonesia modelling is navy after ? Iran ? who is known to lose half its fleet in a day ?Who the in the flying fuck are this people taking cue from?

I wonder what is this attachment to anything small like KCR and over emphasis on 'asymmetric warfare', 'guerilla at sea' yada yada ? A formiler who I have a lot of respect for alike the 'Asymmetric warfare' as the strategy of the loser side.
Taiwan also doing the same, instead of building proper frigate they opt for Tuo Chiang missile corvette....

My best guess its faster and cheaper to be built in quantity, also assuming our enemy already invaded in IDN sea teritorial.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,414
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Taiwan also doing the same, instead of building proper frigate they opt for Tuo Chiang missile corvette....

My best guess its faster abd cheaper to be built in quantity, also assuming our enemy already invaded in IDN sea teritorial.
Because they know they will be overwhelmed + the invasion of Taiwan is not a matter of IF but WHEN. We are not in any way under possible imminent invasion, the navy should be geared the way that other navy which in particular have problems with PRC but not under imminent assault, like Japan, South Korea. In short Taiwan navy has only one mission, while ours has many. The Taiwan navy is akin to the Volkstrum of Berlin in the end of WW2, their gear is wholeheartedly designed to defend and to be cheap, we do not.

The navy has a lot more to do other than preparing for an all out hypothetical invasion. It ships could be used as additional air defense battery, additional eyes and ears for the country with their sensors, casually interdicting enemy shipments etc. Taiwan doesn't have/ no longer could afford this luxury for their navy.

Look at Japan, they're building 2x 20k tons ASEV + 2 additional 10K tons AEGIS destroyer in addition to an even more sophisticated improvement of the Mogami. For shore defense they opted for more truck launched missile instead of building more Hayabusa's, beacuse their navy is the backbone of their defense not some last resort military option.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

You guys here while ago give them the idea. 😞

But it will be high chance to save PAL ass to build more KCR 😆

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
HAHAHAHA

I guess we know what threat comes from who

Thank God. Now it's probably the perfect time to show the western world that we absolutely reject this, if they still think they need us to oppose China.

If we are assuming Lundin NSM boat, how many do we get?

KCR 60 (5th and 6th) will cost Rp 800 billions. Lundin boat probably around Rp 300 - Rp 400 billions.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
things getting more complex, might aswell ousted them and let PNG or other oceania partner join us
With TL is now joining ASEAN I think PNG will become more interested to follow suit.
Its just personal opinion, based on the Alman art. 180mil upped to 900mil, with that amount, they could get a FREMM hull.
If I am not wrong we will get 12 Red & White Vrygate from PAL so I think its okay to ditch the FREMM, rather than 2 R&W Vrygate + 6 FREMM we get 12 R&W Vrygate instead.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With TL is now joining ASEAN I think PNG will become more interested to follow suit.

If I am not wrong we will get 12 Red & White Vrygate from PAL so I think its okay to ditch the FREMM, rather than 2 R&W Vrygate + 6 FREMM we get 12 R&W Vrygate instead.
Its a problem, when we relied to much on PTPAL, would be faster to acquired from the overseas shipyard + more ToT in bulk purchase.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Building proper Navy need a lot of time, it is not the Navy and MoD not building and set aside budget for the capital assets, as they already giving green light for more "OPV" and the FREMM.

But in my opinion too much smaller assets is not much use for Indonesian Navy considering the geography except for Coast Guard and Polair, which all of the provinces has Coast and ocean area in their jurisdiction area.

If they got 900 Millions US dollar as spare why not to get used assets such as Karel Doorman class as the Dutch would retired them soon, or Type 23 Duke class or even get those Chinese Destroyer with those Corvettes

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Building proper Navy need a lot of time, it is not the Navy and MoD not building and set aside budget for the capital assets, as they already giving green light for more "OPV" and the FREMM.

But in my opinion too much smaller assets is not much use for Indonesian Navy considering the geography except for Coast Guard and Polair, which all of the provinces has Coast and ocean area in their jurisdiction area.

If they got 900 Millions US dollar as spare why not to get used assets such as Karel Doorman class as the Dutch would retired them soon, or Type 23 Duke class or even get those Chinese Destroyer with those Corvettes
Hopefully it wouldnt be corrupted like the ongoing OPV90 or some grey/wasted project.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,414
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is what 24/7 state propaganda done to you, everyday you are more detached with reality. Truth is we are not that vulnerable as our biggest trade partners are out of range from Iran

• China: US$65.9 billion (22.6% of total Indonesian exports)
  • United States: $28.2 billion (9.7%)
  • Japan: $24.8 billion (8.5%)
  • India: $23.4 billion (8%)
  • Malaysia: $15.5 billion (5.3%)
  • Singapore: $14.4 billion (4.9%)
  • Philippines: $12.9 billion (4.4%)
  • South Korea: $12.8 billion (4.4%)
Otoh Iran economy is very dependent on oil (60% of its is centrally planned and most of the are oil company), and we happen to be near Malacca strait and Sunda strait. So a hypothetical pirating of Indonesian tankers in Hormuz could result in Iran's own vessel getting boarded in Melaka strt. lel

for a minor annoyance we could wreck their economy lol.

norman88

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
wtf Indonesia sudah bisa bikin kasel ditahun 1945, tapi semua insinyurnya dibunuh oleh Belanda 😱

sumber : perkataan Bu Connie

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nampaknya netizen penikmat konten ketar-ketir di Iran lebih parah dari sini soalnya mereka selalu dicekoki propaganda.

wtf Indonesia sudah bisa bikin kasel ditahun 1945, tapi semua insinyurnya dibunuh oleh Belanda 😱

sumber : perkataan Bu Connie

Dulu juga pernah dishare member lain mengenai hal ini.
Tapi tidak bisa kemudian disebut Indonesia mampu membuat kapal selam, lebih ke baru membuat prototipe.
Salah satunya:
1560766_430886463708342_339598838_n.jpg

Gak tau saya yang mana kasel yang dimaksud si dia, tapi setau ane dulu kita belum bisa membuat kasel yang operasional.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom