Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,100
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I could still understand if we allow rokok kretek, but alcohol?

Dude , alcohol could be a root to a bigger problem.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,100
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, bukannya di warkop ga usah ngomongin politik ya?
This is like a chill thread, now we all know there are 2 political camps in Indonesia (3 actually if you count bodo amat people).

But keep the heat on serious politics low, there's a dedicated thread for local politics here.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We don't want an Indonesian version of the above, do we? So, in my humble opinion, commercial alcoholic drinks should be banned from the Indonesian market.
What do you mean by "Indonesian version of the above"? Subsidized Vodka or other alcoholic beverages?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,782
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I went offline for a few days and when I am back to pdf.
View attachment 7456

What happened guys? Where are you? Thanks to initial_d I was able to come here.

Dafuq happened? And also hello y'all
This..
View attachment 7379
Pdf "direset" momod balik ke masa sebelum bedol desa. Semua "salam" perpisahan kita dan link kesini dihapus. 🤣
itu guests (SR) nya masih banyak tuh yg nimbrung di situ. Mudah-mudahan aja mereka bisa nemu jalan ke rumah baru...
Just read this thread from the first page onward

Multatuli

Reactions
What do Indonesian members here think? Both on the issue and will this bill pass?

Afaik, the current alcohol law is already partially banning the sells or limit the sells of alcohol beverages on public store except for certain store that have special permit to sell it.(?)

The current law on my view is already good, in a way complete ban will result of giving rise to bootleg alcohol sold on the street and crime syndicate similar to what @Madokafc said. In contrast, an outright alcohol sell will result fatal accidents increase due to DUI, I personally do not trust indonesia police or vehicle drivers in avoiding or controlling the DUI incidents, even US DUI accident case still problematic. Not to mention 80% of indonesian drivers bribe their own way for their driving license.

The only thing I agree in turning the law's status quo is increasing the cukai price every year for certain percents and milk those smokers and drunkard's wallet dry. Both smokes and alcohol kill the non user, but they kill differently, might as well extort the users dry.

Last edited:

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
in a way complete ban will result of bootleg alcohol sold on the street and giving rise to syndicate similar to what @Madokafc said.
Ya, I agree. Complete ban doesn't meant zero demand. The demand is still there, but no supply (legally).

whatintarnation

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't see that today with the old Minol Law.
If alcoholism is an issue faced by a minority then adopting a complete ban and criminalization of the sale of alcoholic drinks should not be a problem, since the people affected will be low.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rampant alcoholism caused by the consumption of alcoholic drinks.
Whatever lah wkwk. I see consuming or not consuming is personal preference. What I don't like is the grip of the Islamist in social and politics right now is intimidating for me. And confusing, do they want to make Indonesia a nanny state or islamic state (not the group one wkwk), they make it look they want to make it a nanny state but could be only for a plausible deniability of Islamist agenda.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indo vs Thai. Indo win with 16 points margin. Alhamdulillah. FIBA ASIA CUP Qualifying. Preparing for games in February against Thai once again and two strong teams, South Korea and Philippine.

Last edited:

whatintarnation

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Highlight guys, Indo vs Thai Tonight

Covid 19 situation, no one can watch the game inside the stadium, only players and official of both teams

Bonus

Indo vs New Zealand in FIBA World Cup 3x3

Indo vs Ukraine FIBA World Cup 3x3 Women

Last edited:

joedhie2k

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So I can have my own personal soldiers if I'm rich enough? Tf?

Someone's gonna get their ass reprimanded for sure
This thing happened with knowledge from unit command. Do you think some random sergeant/corporal can get permit for off the book job and arrange such deal with a super rich guy?

whatintarnation

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This thing happened with knowledge from unit command. Do you think some random sergeant/corporal can get permit for off the book job and arrange such deal with a super rich guy?
Bro imagine if it was the Bundeswehr or the US Army doing this crap, honestly speaking, would your view on them drop or not? My view would plummet for sure.

This is unprofessionalism taken to a whole new level.

If this was the TNI's attempt at a public stunt then whoever suggested this should get the boot.

Multatuli

Reactions

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
if yes my respect for the service has just dropped real hard.
Santuy, ya ga gitu juga sih kadang kenyataannya. Kadang diperintah atasannya, kadang sengaja buat bantu anak buahnya, so many things that might cause it. Hard to explain but if you really close to it sometime you can understand.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,782
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Santuy, ya ga gitu juga sih kadang kenyataannya. Kadang diperintah atasannya, kadang sengaja buat bantu anak buahnya, so many things that might cause it. Hard to explain but if you really close to it sometime you can understand.
Gw lebih suka kalau "diperbantukan" tanpa seragam aja sekalian.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom