Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,082
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Java, especially southern region (daerah kidul), the vorstenlanden (Mataram Sultanate successors), there was thing called as rampokan which contributed to the extinction of Javan Tiger.

I just googled it damn!!

It was so brutal they basically put big cats in the circle to fight each other while Indonesian warriors with huge lances or spears acted like a barrier not to make the animals escape.

It was done end of Ramadan. Isnt that contradictory as Islam does not allow animals to be used for entertainment purposes.

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
I just googled it damn!!

It was so brutal they basically put big cats in the circle to fight each other while Indonesian warriors with huge lances or spears acted like a barrier not to make the animals escape.

It was done end of Ramadan. Isnt that contradictory as Islam does not allow animals to be used for entertainment purposes.
that because the influence of hindu still strong among the javanese islamic people that time. as you know, in indonesia islam spread not came from conquestion but assimilated process...

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I never knew about Rwandan Imperialist aspiration LEL, seems like their troops are everywhere from the Congo to Mozambique.

Very ambitious for a country of only 13M.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Isnt that contradictory as Islam does not allow animals to be used for entertainment purposes.
Back then, Muslims in Java could be differentiated into 3 groups; abangan, santri and priyayi.

Abangan usually people from lower class of the society, santri literally means Islamic boarding school students and priyayi means Javanese high class, poro yayi, the yayis, monarchs or high ranking bureaucrats and its relatives.

Abangan and Priyayi had same roots of Kejawen, but I can say that the Abangan was less organized, if not, not organized at all than the Priyayi on the teachings. Many Priyayi joined Theosophy and members of Masons. There was even ideological clash between Priyayi and Santri early 20th century. Mangkunegara VII was in reign during that time, he was quite active in Theosophy and Sanggar Theosofi or Theosophy Hall in Surakarta was made by him, with Annie Besant right-hand man Leadbeater visited during the inauguration of the hall. Right now the Hall is not well maintained, but you can see spanduk from Kemkumham at the front pressing that government with any Indonesian and the ministry directly involved for their protection.

Don’t lecture us say what’s right and what’s wrong. We regrets nothing about ourselves. All members of the society, like it or not, had their part for the liberation of Bangsa Indonesia.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mate you'd be surprised just how much distortion to Islam has happened here. I'm actually late to realize as well. As early as the 19th Century,there's already the struggle to bring back/correct locals in their practice of Islam. Such as the Padri war between the Islamists and the nominally Islamic, but distorted in practice, Minangkabau people.

But generally speaking, distortion of what's wrong / right in Islam is something that is spreading overtime and I saw not only here but almost all Islamic country. It would need to be corrected by preaching the correct practice back.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

For me Indonesia is like a place is not just beautiful but also deadly.

Sumatran Tiger is a national animal of Indonesia. Im wondering how tigers play a role in Indonesian culture.

When the Ottomans went to Aceh for a expedition to help the Aceh Sultanate the Sultan of Aceh gifted the Ottomans a Sumatran Tiger.

For a Turk who comes from the heart of Anatolia and visiting Indonesia no doubt it felt like a whole new world at the time.

Different region has a different outlook and interpretation on how much we treated the majestic animals ....
I just googled it damn!!

Add with the amalgation on many different culture and beliefs . Basically it's a work in progress motion . Some will take their islamic roots seriously while others just simply take what was convinience ... But , thanks to the modern communication more and more people were get more informed and educated on what is the right way to do ...
And no !! We don't regret on what has been done . We are focusing more for the future ... And save what was left today for the future generations .

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,082
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate you'd be surprised just how much distortion to Islam has happened here. I'm actually late to realize as well. As early as the 19th Century,there's already the struggle to bring back/correct locals in their practice of Islam. Such as the Padri war between the Islamists and the nominally Islamic, but distorted in practice, Minangkabau people.

But generally speaking, distortion of what's wrong / right in Islam is something that is spreading overtime and I saw not only here but almost all Islamic country. It would need to be corrected by preaching the correct practice back.

Same could be said for the Turkic people despite becoming Muslim. Lots of pre Islamic practices stood and only overtime it got weeded out due to preachers trying to bring back the faith.

For Indonesia which has been centuries with local beliefs, Buddhism and Hinduism. It took quite a while. From Island to Island you had different cultures and different peoples. It was like a mosaic.

Its interesting stuff.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,082
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Different region has a different outlook and interpretation on how much we treated the majestic animals ....

Add with the amalgation on many different culture and beliefs . Basically it's a work in progress motion . Some will take their islamic roots seriously while others just simply take what was convinience ... But , thanks to the modern communication more and more people were get more informed and educated on what is the right way to do ...
And no !! We don't regret on what has been done . We are focusing more for the future ... And save what was left today for the future generations .

I respect the park rangers who are doing their job at the same time they are able to keep people from taking matters into their own hands.

My dad once told me a story where his great grand uncle got killed by a bear in Turkiye.

As much this stirs anger the animals do it out of instinct. The bear took a swipe with his paws to his head. The attack happened out of no where. He was out in the wilderness with friends they stumbled upon a cave until a bear just attacked out of nowhere.

When it comes to traversing the wilderness either arm up and go in groups. Even with weapons if you are by yourself you can get taken out.

People constantly talk about how deadly animals are in Australia. All I can say is its easy to kill spiders and snakes.

Id rather have animals that I can easily kill rather than bears, lions, tigers or anacondas.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
People constantly talk about how deadly animals are in Australia. All I can say is its easy to kill spiders and snakes.

Id rather have animals that I can easily kill rather than bears, lions, tigers or anacondas.

Haha fuck no, anacondas aren't really that agile, meanwhile there's very little you can do trying to outrun a viper

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,082
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Haha fuck no, anacondas aren't really that agile, meanwhile there's very little you can do trying to outrun a viper

Still a viper can be killed as much as they are small.

No chance against a bear or a tiger. Anacondas and Reticulated Pythons see humans as prey. No surprise as one is heavy and other is the longest snake.

I cant decide which is worse venomous ones or the snakes that constrict.

One leads to a agonising death while the other crushes and suffocates you.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Some people were asking us the reason why the Indonesian/asian commonly small stature ...
Some people just doesn't understand ...there are a reason on why higher body stature in thick jungles were basically a death sentences ..
Agility and easy to blends in the surrounding environment are keys to survival in the past contrary to steepes people ...the wider visual acuity keeps you out of troubles sooner ...

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,534
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

No chance against a bear or a tiger. Anacondas and Reticulated Pythons see humans as prey. No surprise as one is heavy and other is the longest snake.

At least 2 people are killed and eaten by python in Indonesia in the last few years. There is videos of it, where the snake is killed then cut open to retrieve the dead body.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,082
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
At least 2 people are killed and eaten by python in Indonesia in the last few years. There is videos of it, where the snake is killed then cut open to retrieve the dead body.

Seen the video I still get chills from it.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I agree with the Tigers, I'd suspect that you'll lose the joints of your inner bones just getting slapped by this

3im7q9fcxx451.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom