Defence Q&A Which is superior? Russian tanks or NATO tanks?

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
I just noticed this new section so I thought I'd ask the first question.

As we know, the west leads in many areas, especially when it comes to air assets... But one strange thing which stands out is that Russian tanks are lighter, all have autoloaders and in general the armor design APPEARS better. But how do the two actually compare? Let's use the T-14 against the best western tanks in this to make a fair comparison, thanks.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Correct, Iraq deploys more armor than the coalition in Desert Storm.

We know what happens next.
Don't know it for sure, but I m talking tank to tank battle without involving in other weapons, Iraq didn't have enough air cover to its tanks. The last tank to tank battle could be in Kursk.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Don't know it for sure, but I m talking tank to tank battle without involving in other weapons, Iraq didn't have enough air cover to its tanks. The last tank to tank battle could be in Kursk.
Yom Kippur war involved large tank to tank battles.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
But we still managed to push US from our border to half way through Korea.

Still led to a stalemate. I would not claim victory to be honest as the Chinese offensive despite pushing the Americans out have lost steam once they reached South Korea.

The Chinese no doubt saved NK from complete defeat.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Still led to a stalemate. I would not claim victory to be honest as the Chinese offensive despite pushing the Americans out have lost steam once they reached South Korea.
China doesn't want to see an unified Korea in the first place, after 38th parallel, all Chinese offensives were half hearted at most.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom