Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
1615234101629.png

The KAI KF-X is a joint South Korean and Indonesian multirole fighter aircraft development program with the goal of producing an advanced multirole fighter for the South Korean and Indonesian air forces.

UAE and South Korea enjoy a healthy Defence, and Economic ties that make this fighter a good choice for the UAEAF to replace older fighter jets including the Mirage-2000-9, and the F-16 block 60. It will also allow a Hi-Lo combination with the F-35 if it arrives. Korea should allow integration of UAE assembled/made weaponry that would help make the weapon more catered to the needs of the air force.

1615234192203.png
1615234278719.png
1615234300913.png
1615234404657.png

The capabilities of the KF-X would be far ahead of the Mirage-2000-9, and ahead of the F-16 Block 60 and allow the UAEAF to become more current technologically than other air forces of the region. Along with the F-35 this would position UAE at the forefront of airforces of the region.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes indeed but I don't suppose US will give a green light to the sale of KFX for UAE.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Yes indeed but I don't suppose US will give a green light to the sale of KFX for UAE.
It probably depends I guess, if the US grants F-35 why would they not allow KFX? Competition?

US approved Indonesia being in the program, but at the same time wouldn't they allow Indonesia to buy F-35?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F 35 is too sensitive for democrat to be given to second tier of their partner, but I believe they will allow KFX for UAE. UAE is still part of US ally in Middle East by the way. UAE will lean toward China if USA doesnt approve KFX for them, something that US dont want to see.

If UAE F35 deal is broken under Biden, so UAE will likely to order KFX.

It will depend on Biden administration decision in dealing with UAE F35 deal.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
F 35 is too sensitive for democrat to be given to second tier of their partner, but I believe they will allow KFX for UAE. UAE is still part of US ally in Middle East by the way. UAE will lean toward China if USA doesnt approve KFX for them, something that US dont want to see.

If UAE F35 deal is broken under Biden, so UAE will likely to order KFX.

It will depend on Biden administration decision in dealing with UAE F35 deal.
If US doesn't give F-35 than UAE should go to China and buy J-31s to spit in their faces. China is a better long term ally than America will ever be but it is too weak for now.

America is too bipolar, you can have F-35 one day and the next day you can't. Russia or China don't have none of those bullshit policies.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If US doesn't give F-35 than UAE should go to China and buy J-31s to spit in their faces. China is a better long term ally than America will ever be but it is too weak for now.
China is Iran big ally, in my opinion UAE will consider KFX instead of J31 if F35 deal is failed. Similar like Indonesia that will likely buy F 15 EX after US under Trump reject Indonesia proposal to buy F35.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
China is Iran big ally, in my opinion UAE will consider KFX instead of J31 if F35 deal is failed. Similar like Indonesia that will likely buy F 15 EX after US under Trump reject Indonesia proposal to buy F35.
China is friendly to everyone, they don't have really any close "allies" per se in the Middle East just opportunities. Remember when China and Israel were super close, now the better opportunity is in Iran who knows who they will need next.

China will sell to anyone, KFX is not close to F-35 yet to be honest it will take years before it comes close. I still think Biden will approve the F-35 come April.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAE can't lean towards China or Russia. If they do this, US punishment will be stronger. I don't suppose UAE government can take such a CATSAA sanction risk.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
UAE can't lean towards China or Russia. If they do this, US punishment will be stronger. I don't suppose UAE government can take such a CATSAA sanction risk.
US won't sanction the UAE for buying from Russia or China it will just push them further from USA. UAE has bought many Chinese proudcts and recently made a joint agreement with China. US needs UAE as a base, if their relations deteriorate they will risk losing their bases inside of the UAE.

Either they give F-35 or they risk losing relations that is fair. US should understand that it either holds up to its promises or risks allies not holding up to being allies.

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
China is friendly to everyone, they don't have really any close "allies" per se in the Middle East just opportunities. Remember when China and Israel were super close, now the better opportunity is in Iran who knows who they will need next.

China will sell to anyone, KFX is not close to F-35 yet to be honest it will take years before it comes close. I still think Biden will approve the F-35 come April.
If UAE goes to China it means it will be defenseless against Iran.

Even with Saudi is still part of US ally, Iran can launch missile attact to Saudi with much freedom through its Houty allys, it can also attact Dubai using Houty as place to launch. Houty will claim they are the one who launch it

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
US won't sanction the UAE for buying from Russia or China it will just push them further from USA. UAE has bought many Chinese proudcts and recently made a joint agreement with China.

Either they give F-35 or they risk losing relations that is fair.

You can't simply predict the reaction of US. You know Turkey purchased lots of stuff from China and Russia in past but when the subject is the systems that they give special attention, they took the related cooperation as trading with America's enemies so they are reacting with "countering US adversaries" laws.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
If UAE goes to China it means it will be defenseless against Iran.

Even with Saudi is still part of US ally, Iran can launch missile attact to Saudi with much freedom through its Houty allys, it can also attact Dubai using Houty as place to launch. Houty will claim they are the one who launch it
Because of UAE being a US ally it is an increased target from Iran in my opinion if a war goes hot between the US and Iran. With or without the US the UAE will suffer losses likely.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Because of UAE being a US ally it is an increased target from Iran in my opinion if a war goes hot between the US and Iran. With or without the US the UAE will suffer losses likely.

Saudi Tornado squadrons is another potential to be replaced with KFX block 2 after 2030

1615194212153.png

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 15617

The KAI KF-X is a joint South Korean and Indonesian multirole fighter aircraft development program with the goal of producing an advanced multirole fighter for the South Korean and Indonesian air forces.

UAE and South Korea enjoy a healthy Defence, and Economic ties that make this fighter a good choice for the UAEAF to replace older fighter jets including the Mirage-2000-9, and the F-16 block 60. It will also allow a Hi-Lo combination with the F-35 if it arrives. Korea should allow integration of UAE assembled/made weaponry that would help make the weapon more catered to the needs of the air force.

View attachment 15620 View attachment 15621 View attachment 15622 View attachment 15623

The capabilities of the KF-X would be far ahead of the Mirage-2000-9, and ahead of the F-16 Block 60 and allow the UAEAF to become more current technologically than other air forces of the region. Along with the F-35 this would position UAE at the forefront of airforces of the region.
And,what about the F-35 order?
I voted yes and no because,

Yes if no F-35's are bought by or sold to the UAE.
No if F-35's are bought,why the need for two different fighters for the same role?

Last edited:

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Same role,why take two different systems,there is only one Egypt?
Well KFX will be cheaper and allow a lot more systems to be acquired. It would be too expensive to use F-35 for all missions, it needs something 4.5 or early 5th gen that has cheaper operating costs.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well KFX will be cheaper and allow a lot more systems to be acquired. It would be too expensive to use F-35 for all missions, it needs something 4.5 or early 5th gen that has cheaper operating costs.
How many KFX's should the UAE buy?

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom