Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1632921168559.png

According to pictures released on the Internet that were taken during the military parade for the 30th anniversary of Turkmenistan independence, September 27, 2021, Serbian company Yugoimport has delivered Lazar 3 8x8 armored vehicles to Turkmenistan armed with Russian 30mm 2A42 automatic cannon. According to the SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute) arms trade database, no official information has been released regarding the number of Lazar 3 armored vehicles delivered to Turkmenistan.

According to Army Recognition editorial team analysis, the pictures released by the Turkmenistan national TV, the Serbian-made Lazar 3 seems to be fitted with the Russian weapon station MB2-03 which is armed with one 30mm 2A42 automatic cannon, one 7.62mm PKTM coaxial machine gun, one 30mm automatic grenade launcher AG-17.

The Lazar 3 is the latest generation of wheeled armored vehicles in the Lazar family that was unveiled in February 2017. The vehicle was fully developed and designed by the Serbian company Yugoimport. The Lazar 3 is available in APC (Armored Personnel Carrier) and IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) versions.

The design of the Lazar 3 in the IFV variant consists of three main parts with the driver and commander position located in the front left side of the hull with the engine on the right side. The vehicle can carry a total of 12 military personnel including commander, driver, gunner, and 9 soldiers.

The hull of the Lazar 3 is made of armored steel and can be fitted with a spall liner. The applied ballistic protection can be tailored to the specific needs of the user and allows for the application of additional state-of-the-art ballistic protection technologies throughout the vehicle service life. The vehicle floor has two levels of anti-mine protection. The Lazar 3 has a ballistic protection Level 3 STANAG 4569 against the firing of small arms 7.62×51mm caliber AP (Amor-Piercing) at 30 meters and anti-mine protection levels 3a and 3b STANAG 4569, mine explosion pressure-activated under any wheel or track location (Level 3a), mine explosion under center (Level 3b).

The Lazar 3 IFV is powered by a Cummins ISM500 engine developing 500 hp. The vehicle can run at a maximum speed of 110 km. The vehicle can negotiate gradients up to 60%, a side slope of 30% fording depth of 1.6 m without preparation, and have a turning radius of 11.5 m. It can cross a trench of 2 m and climb a vertical obstacle of 0.55 m maximum.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom