Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey and Egypt have started diplomatic-level contacts – Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
1631118233576.png

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm going to say it again: foreign policy is a mess, a big fucking mess. Ten years of not talking to Egypt, now Egypt is in a better position to talk, and now they budge. Not the 10 years earlier.

Same story for Israel, a decade of bad relations or no relations and when Israel has the best hand and cards, they start to talk to them.

Don't get me wrong, I think its good that we are rebuilding our ties. But they shouldn't have been like this in first place. They will play hard to get now and Cavusoglu will have to bend backwards to facilitate anything.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is there an improvement I missed? Did the putschist general resign in Egypt? Mistakes are made in foreign policy, this is normal. What is not normal is insisting on mistakes. turning them into a matter of pride. Unfortunately, I cannot see any success in foreign policy. We are bad at the table as much as we are good on the field.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is there an improvement I missed? Did the putschist general resign in Egypt? Mistakes are made in foreign policy, this is normal. What is not normal is insisting on mistakes. turning them into a matter of pride. Unfortunately, I cannot see any success in foreign policy. We are bad at the table as much as we are good on the field.

No improvement, just the government realizing that they have turned almost every extended neighbour into opposing Turkey and that it could help not to have all your neighbours be your enemies.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,558
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
I'm going to say it again: foreign policy is a mess, a big fucking mess. Ten years of not talking to Egypt, now Egypt is in a better position to talk, and now they budge. Not the 10 years earlier.

Same story for Israel, a decade of bad relations or no relations and when Israel has the best hand and cards, they start to talk to them.

Don't get me wrong, I think its good that we are rebuilding our ties. But they shouldn't have been like this in first place. They will play hard to get now and Cavusoglu will have to bend backwards to facilitate anything.

I have written that before too... Turkey is being run by incompetent and mentally unstable people who lack the mental capacity to lead a State.

The decision making in the country is only based on saving the day with short time decisions- scream as hard as you can to keep the voters pleased. You can’t expect a bunch of uneducated peasants with fake diplomas that don’t even know a foreign language to know a thing about Geo Strategic policies or foreign relations.

For years you create an enemy even out of the countries that you never had any problems with before and now when you are surrounded by enemies on every side you start falling for every wink 😉 that someone sends at you. Pure desperation and incompetence that others will now use to extort Turkey, nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey has more to offer both Egypt and Israel, whether its EEZ or the proposed pipeline that would be feasible with Turkish involvement, i.e. linking it to the existing infrastructure at Ceyhan. Turkey could also be a consumer of Israeli and Egypt gas.

If only we had competent officials.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,261
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

No: 300, 8 September 2021, Joint Statement on the Second Round of Exploratory Consultations between Turkey and Egypt​

The second round of consultations between the delegations headed by Ambassador Sedat Önal, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey and Ambassador Hamdi Sanad Loza, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Arab Republic of Egypt were held in Ankara on 7-8 September 2021.

They addressed bilateral issues as well as a number of regional topics, such as the situation in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Palestine and the Eastern Mediterranean.

The two sides agreed to continue these consultations confirming their desire to make progress in areas under discussion and the need for further steps to facilitate normalization of their relations.

Gamal

Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt

No: 300, 8 September 2021, Joint Statement on the Second Round of Exploratory Consultations between Turkey and Egypt​

The second round of consultations between the delegations headed by Ambassador Sedat Önal, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey and Ambassador Hamdi Sanad Loza, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Arab Republic of Egypt were held in Ankara on 7-8 September 2021.

They addressed bilateral issues as well as a number of regional topics, such as the situation in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Palestine and the Eastern Mediterranean.

The two sides agreed to continue these consultations confirming their desire to make progress in areas under discussion and the need for further steps to facilitate normalization of their relations.

we were know Egypt's red lines are thicker i think turkey president erdogan understood this too. This is a diplomatic victory for Abdel Fattah (y)

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Turkey has more to offer both Egypt and Israel, whether its EEZ or the proposed pipeline that would be feasible with Turkish involvement, i.e. linking it to the existing infrastructure at Ceyhan. Turkey could also be a consumer of Israeli and Egypt gas.

If only we had competent officials.
This isnt about competent officials. Dont make your hatred for the AKP blind you from the truth
You are misunderstanding something, Egypt and Israel are special, you cant dictate your relationship based only on a win-win repationship with these countries. To win these countries, you need to possess certain criteria....

For example, if Egypt would be won over based on a win-win relationship, Egypt would have never refused the EEZ agreement by Turkey even if you were at war. I mean what will Egypt lose here? Literally nothing; the deal literally states that Egypt will gain a bigger EEZ period! You are taking about a nation whose president

1- sold the Islands of Tiran and Sanafir wich literally controls the passage through the Suez canal which is surprisingly also one of the main foreign revenues and lifelines in terms of economy to Saudi Arabia. In other words, The Egyptian president sold the country's lifeline to a foreign nation
2- Signed the GERD agreement which literally gave Ethiopia the right to build a dam that will literally destroy the only source of fresh water for the ppl, as well as the only source of decent irrigation water for the egyptian ppl. The ppl are gonna starve by 2023-2025

After all this, what the egyptian administration cares about the most isnt signing protocols with Turkey or ToT in effecient agriculture or in military products or even prevent Turkey from aiding Abiy Ahmed (ethiopia's president) but as Ragip Soylu (a Middle East Eye journalist) said, what they care about is whether Erdo will shake hands with El Sissi or not. This is ridiculous!

Now for Israel, Israel will NEVER EVER be friendly with Turkey, whether it is under the AKP, CHP, or even the angels themselves, period! Israel's policy is clear, they need to be the number 1 country in the region in terms of military and political influence. With the current progression in Turkish military, Israel will alway keep Turkey in the "Always be aware of them" list. The fact that you guys can build top class weapons by yourselves makes you a top-class threat no matter which administration you are under as these weapons may one day be used against them. For example, do you think Israel will accept if Egypt joined TFX program, bought TB2, Akinci, Hisar Defence Systems or even signed co-production deals? Israel will be pissed way beyond recognition.
PLS DONT BE DELUSIONAL WAY BEYOND RECOGNITION

one final thing, NO! Turkey will never buy either Egypt or Israel's gas tbh! Just think about it! Why would you buy gas from them when you can buy gas that is 1000 times cheaper from Russia due to the super weak russian ruble and the presence of a pipeline to transport gas from Russia to Turkey as quick and as Cheap as possible. This would be just outright stupid!

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We will see how this goes I guess.

Has there been a development that required one of the sides to compensate? Whose hand is stronger compared to previous meeting?

I know this is about UAE and Turkey reconciliation and that happened because of Bidens exclusionary policies towards UAE such as not selling weapons but how much of that Egypt will care about I dont know.

we were know Egypt's red lines are thicker i think turkey president erdogan understood this too. This is a diplomatic victory for Abdel Fattah (y)
That doesnt seem to add up. This is an extension of UAE reapproaching with Turkey due to being exclusioned by USA. What new leverage do you think he gained over Erdogan to make him compensate according to your theory?

Last edited:
M

Manomed

This isnt about competent officials. Dont make your hatred for the AKP blind you from the truth
You are misunderstanding something, Egypt and Israel are special, you cant dictate your relationship based only on a win-win repationship with these countries. To win these countries, you need to possess certain criteria....

For example, if Egypt would be won over based on a win-win relationship, Egypt would have never refused the EEZ agreement by Turkey even if you were at war. I mean what will Egypt lose here? Literally nothing; the deal literally states that Egypt will gain a bigger EEZ period! You are taking about a nation whose president

1- sold the Islands of Tiran and Sanafir wich literally controls the passage through the Suez canal which is surprisingly also one of the main foreign revenues and lifelines in terms of economy to Saudi Arabia. In other words, The Egyptian president sold the country's lifeline to a foreign nation
2- Signed the GERD agreement which literally gave Ethiopia the right to build a dam that will literally destroy the only source of fresh water for the ppl, as well as the only source of decent irrigation water for the egyptian ppl. The ppl are gonna starve by 2023-2025

After all this, what the egyptian administration cares about the most isnt signing protocols with Turkey or ToT in effecient agriculture or in military products or even prevent Turkey from aiding Abiy Ahmed (ethiopia's president) but as Ragip Soylu (a Middle East Eye journalist) said, what they care about is whether Erdo will shake hands with El Sissi or not. This is ridiculous!

Now for Israel, Israel will NEVER EVER be friendly with Turkey, whether it is under the AKP, CHP, or even the angels themselves, period! Israel's policy is clear, they need to be the number 1 country in the region in terms of military and political influence. With the current progression in Turkish military, Israel will alway keep Turkey in the "Always be aware of them" list. The fact that you guys can build top class weapons by yourselves makes you a top-class threat no matter which administration you are under as these weapons may one day be used against them. For example, do you think Israel will accept if Egypt joined TFX program, bought TB2, Akinci, Hisar Defence Systems or even signed co-production deals? Israel will be pissed way beyond recognition.
PLS DONT BE DELUSIONAL WAY BEYOND RECOGNITION

one final thing, NO! Turkey will never buy either Egypt or Israel's gas tbh! Just think about it! Why would you buy gas from them when you can buy gas that is 1000 times cheaper from Russia due to the super weak russian ruble and the presence of a pipeline to transport gas from Russia to Turkey as quick and as Cheap as possible. This would be just outright stupid!
Hey man Because of you Im supporting serbs Hope they take albania and kosovo

Gamal

Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt

Pantelis

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
A minute i am confused. Are these people claiming that the Erdogan did not demand a meeting with the Egyptian president?

Gamal

Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
A minute i am confused. Are these people claiming that the Erdogan did not demand a meeting with the Egyptian president?

yes :LOL: mr Erdogan is requesting meeting to show Abdel Fettah's diplomatic fail

S

Sinan

we were know Egypt's red lines are thicker i think turkey president erdogan understood this too. This is a diplomatic victory for Abdel Fattah
Anything on the Egyptian news?

I remember Egypt put a list demands on the table. Now Turkish FM says"The two sides agreed to continue these consultations confirming their desire to make progress in areas under discussion and the need for further steps to facilitate normalization of their relations." to cover up what Erdogan has accepted.

Top Bottom