Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The defence industry has grown in spite of, not because of RTE. Due to the bureaucratic structure which keeps it afloat, it is one of the only things which are doing well in Turkey.

The defence industry is what it is because of SSM, now known as SSB. It was established in 1985.

Let's look at some products and their history:
  • T-122 Sakarya: in service since 1997
  • T-300 Kasirga: in service since 2000
  • J-600T Yildirim: produced in 1998, in service in 2001, revealed to public in 2007
  • Otokar Kobra: In service since 1997
  • Otokar Akrep: In service since 1994
  • Panter towed artillery: Designed early 90s, in service since 2000
  • MILGEM project: Research began in mid 90s
  • Altay Tank: Work kicked off in mid 90s, to ensure the necessary infrastructure was in place under "MİTÜP – Milli Tank Üretimi Projesi".
  • TCG Osman Gazi: In service since 1994
And these are just some examples of vehicles and complete systems. What's important is that knowledge, experience and production capabilities were beginning to take off. Subsystems made by companies like Aselsan are what truly propelled the Turkish Defence industry... By the 2010s, we absolutely had no excuse not to pursue greater heights. When you can produce almost every subsystem for aircraft, land vehicles, sea vessels and missiles, naturally, you decide to build them.

Now with the economy gone to sh1t and the nation full of millions of immigrants, the only thing RTE can brag about is an industry which grew in spite of him. Going to a show with a flightsuit and speaking big isn't fooling anyone.

It is only recently that we have dropped the terrorism problem from our list of problems.
Number of defense projects went from 65 to 750.
I am not listening to delusional talk anymore.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
I can't believe people falling for this
Falling for this? Falling for this? Seriously. What do you mean falling for this?

One side of the opposition doesn't mention anything about military projects and you all say that they will cancel some programs... Meanwhile Ümit Özdağ expresses that he will double down on the defence industry, and you are suggesting that people are naive to believe him. If there's two things I trust him to do, its getting rid of refugees and strengthening the military.

He has proven to be a man of his word so far, yet you won't even give him a chance. Should we vote for CHP, a party that's been infiltrated? Or should we just self destruct the nation by voting for RTE/AKP again? What's your suggestion buddy?

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Falling for this? Falling for this? Seriously. What do you mean falling for this?

One side of the opposition doesn't mention anything about military projects and you all say that they will cancel some programs... Meanwhile Ümit Özdağ expresses that he will double down on the defence industry, and you are suggesting that people are naive to believe him. If there's two things I trust him to do, its getting rid of refugees and strengthening the military.

He has proven to be a man of his word so far, yet you won't even give him a chance. Should we vote for CHP, a party that's been infiltrated? Or should we just self destruct the nation by voting for RTE/AKP again? What's your suggestion buddy?
Not everything is either AKP or no AKP.
When I see bullshhit, I call it out. And I'm calling out yours too.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Not everything is either AKP or no AKP.
When I see bullshhit, I call it out. And I'm calling out yours too.
Right, because you know what's bullsh1t and what's not. You have a good judgement of what's happening here from your comfortable home in Germany.

The nation is practically invaded by Afghans, Syrians, Pakistanis, etc.

But yeah, keep attacking the only guy who promises to send them out. After the refugees and the economy, the military and general border security are what he talks about the most. You can be rest assured that he has big plans.

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Right, because you know what's bullsh1t and what's not. You have a good judgement of what's happening here from your comfortable home in Germany.

The nation is practically invaded by Afghans, Syrians, Pakistanis, etc.

But yeah, keep attacking the only guy who promises to send them out. After the refugees and the economy, the military and general border security are what he talks about the most. You can be rest assured that he has big plans.
I definitely know a lot more than you, son. I'm born in Istanbul and I lived there before I moved here so I'm not a 3rd gen. Almanci as your likes call it, besides, this amateurish bullying people into agreeing with your "cool" opinions only works on the likes of yourself (read gullible).

You must be either dumb or really green and gullible to believe promises being made in order to get votes. You probably only seen AKP as a ruling party in your life.
And yes, I do have way better judgement than yourself from my comfortable home in Germany (Is your home uncomfortable?, If so, It's not my fault).

Anyway, I'd say you should stick to what's going on in Kazakhstan and leave Türkiye to us because you clearly get your education from the internet.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
I definitely know a lot more than you, son. I'm born in Istanbul and I lived there before I moved here so I'm not a 3rd gen. Almanci as your likes call it, besides, this amateurish bullying people into agreeing with your "cool" opinions only works on the likes of yourself (read gullible).

You must be either dumb or really green and gullible to believe promises being made in order to get votes. You probably only seen AKP as a ruling party in your life.
And yes, I do have way better judgement than yourself from my comfortable home in Germany (Is your home uncomfortable?, If so, It's not my fault).

Anyway, I'd say you should stick to what's going on in Kazakhstan and leave Türkiye to us because you clearly get your education from the internet.
I'm not bullying anyone.

Just so know, a lot of the youth here have left Islam because of AKP and the refugees. That's one good thing which has happened. AKP is finished in the next elections, they will need to do something really dodgy to rule after mid-2023. So most likely, CHP will win. However the issue is that CHP isn't much better than AKP. It is just a secular version of AKP at this point, with some pluses and minuses. This is why a lot of the nationalistic youth are supporting ZP. What choice do we have. We cannot guarantee that all promises will be kept. But its promises are damn good, and the politicians in ZP have a much cleaner background than any other major opposition party.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not bullying anyone.

Just so know, a lot of the youth here have left Islam because of AKP and the refugees. That's one good thing which has happened. AKP is finished in the next elections, they will need to do something really dodgy to rule after mid-2023. So most likely, CHP will win. However the issue is that CHP isn't much better than AKP. It is just a secular version of AKP at this point, with some pluses and minuses. This is why a lot of the nationalistic youth are supporting ZP. What choice do we have. We cannot guarantee that all promises will be kept. But its promises are damn good, and the politicians in ZP have a much cleaner background than any other major opposition party.
Do you know what, mate?

I hope that this moron would win just so you lot would see that he's just like any other politician. Empty promises and play on words.
Should the Syrian, Afghan etc. refugees leave the country? Absolutely.
Should they leave in the populist manner he's championing? Absolutely not!
It's easy to say that you'd do this and this when you're not actually the ruling party but when you win there's all kinds of strings attached.
I mean, if I have to tell you this, I don't know why are you still talking about politics.

Everybody had high hopes in Imamoglu for example, turned out to be the biggest twat the country had witnessed.

And just so you would know, when our youth see the AKP opposers bigotry and Islamophobia, they flock to join AKP.
With this mentality we'd never get rid of them.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Why do you guys start to insult each other when it comes to politics ffs

Idk why cant we share our opinions without personal attacks; we are here to talk and have fun so lets chill a bit guys

We can have difference in opinions, and have conflicting views that clash but I still think that personal insults is just wrong. This forum has members that have conversed for over 3 to 4 years (probably as I just joined last year) so in a sense there is a semse of brotherhood in this forum so lets all take a step back and relax a bit😁

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
s_1172.jpg

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not bullying anyone.

Islam was already declining in Turkiye before akp came to power and its still continuing.

Because people are leaving religion due to technology along with money.

Internet is what destroying religion not Akp. A lot of the youth are giving up on religion are becoming atheist and agnostic.

Even as a Muslim I acknowledge this its a global trend the more a country develops the more it gives up religion.

Sign of end of times where Muslims will be giving up their religion and leaving very few. Christianity is even in a bigger problem as churches are becoming empty in Europe, Usa and Australia thats why Christian missionaries have given up on these places and are doing their work in Africa, pacific islands and parts of South America along with Asia.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Australia one church got converted into a bar. A priest once said id rather have my church become a mosque than a bar.

Last edited:

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Islam was already declining in Turkiye before akp came to power and its still continuing.

Because people are leaving religion due to technology along with money.

Internet is what destroying religion not Akp. A lot of the youth are giving up on religion are becoming atheist and agnostic.

Even as a Muslim I acknowledge this its a global trend the more a country develops the more it gives up religion.

Sign of end of times where Muslims will be giving up their religion and leaving very few. Christianity is even in a bigger problem as churches are becoming empty in Europe, Usa and Australia thats why Christian missionaries have given up on these places and are doing their work in Africa, pacific islands and parts of South America along with Asia.
i think the modern western LGBT Progressivism culture is far terrible than islam,that even destroying Chinese Korean and Japanese societies and family.They want everyone to take drug and become LGBT.

moderate half secular half lslam is better,

Patriotism, family and faith are good, but don't limit personal freedom too much.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
My top 5 channels for news

1. A haber
2. Akit tv
3. Fox news